Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to quit smoking
(05-07-2018, 12:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I quit drinking a long time ago, but I still dip.  I don't know how I'd even begin to quit.  I don't have the deep down desire to quit that I know it would take.  I go to the dentist every six months and check my mouth regularly so hopefully if I get anything it will be discovered early on.

I dipped Cope for over 20 years and then just went cold turkey about 4 years ago. The first 3 days were hell, but I do not even think about it anymore, Sunflower seeds and gum are your friends.

Oddly enough. I've been thinking of giving up drinking and have thought re-starting dip may be a way ahead. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had forgotten about this thread and sorry to say, I still haven't quit smoking, it is extremely hard for me to quit and I don't know why.

I think it's because I have been smoking pretty much for my entire life and it has been a part of me.

I have gone for a couple of days without smoking though but I made sure that I was exhausted for those days and stayed busy. But that is hard to do when you are disabled and can't continue like you can when healthy. Those days of work left me in bed for days, I was in so much pain, lol.

I am only smoking about 10 per day though and I'm hoping that my next fight against this terrible habit goes better with the Chantix.

It's a long road...for me but I'll get there, I have too.

By the way, look up what happens to you when you quit smoking and use those benefits as motivation. The very last one, the 10-15 years after is amazing. 

Oh and the Chantix actually helped me lose weight too. It made everything I ate taste terrible so I didn't eat as much. I was hoping for the weird dream side effects though instead. I love having weird dreams, they are so much fun. Especially the ones that scare the crap out of you and you wake up realizing that it was only a dream and the relief you feel is fantastic.

I know, that's weird, lol.
Reply/Quote
I quit dipping about a year and a half ago. I’d been dipping for 30 years. I used the patch to help me, but also I wanted to quit, were other times I really didn’t want to quit.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 11:43 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I had forgotten about this thread and sorry to say, I still haven't quit smoking, it is extremely hard for me to quit and I don't know why.

I think it's because I have been smoking pretty much for my entire life and it has been a part of me.

I have gone for a couple of days without smoking though but I made sure that I was exhausted for those days and stayed busy. But that is hard to do when you are disabled and can't continue like you can when healthy. Those days of work left me in bed for days, I was in so much pain, lol.

I am only smoking about 10 per day though and I'm hoping that my next fight against this terrible habit goes better with the Chantix.

It's a long road...for me but I'll get there, I have too.

By the way, look up what happens to you when you quit smoking and use those benefits as motivation. The very last one, the 10-15 years after is amazing. 

Oh and the Chantix actually helped me lose weight too. It made everything I ate taste terrible so I didn't eat as much. I was hoping for the weird dream side effects though instead. I love having weird dreams, they are so much fun. Especially the ones that scare the crap out of you and you wake up realizing that it was only a dream and the relief you feel is fantastic.

I know, that's weird, lol.

Not weird at all. Chantix dreams are both scary and amazing. However, once I tried it again and had a pretty severe depression episode, I am afraid to take it for awhile. The thoughts were suicidal, which they warn to stop taking immediately. I only took the starter pill. Didn’t have that effect before when I took it. Who the heck knows what’s gonna happen with that drug. However I must own the blame. I didn’t take it as directed. Seems I love beer as much as cigarettes.

As far as staying busy? Shit, how many times can a 50yr old guy fap in a day? LOL

Reply/Quote
Having to deal with my 89 year old father on a regular basis I'm not quite sure I should quit smoking. In fact I'm considering smoking even more. Dimentia, regular constipation, almost completely blind, can't hear, lost two wives and on and on.. I'm kind of struggling with the idea of living long enough for any of his problems to become any of my problems. I'm thinking about 80 sounds like a good expiration date.. I'm not sure I want to make it that far.. Knowing my rotten luck I'll get up to 15 packs a day and live to 143.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2018, 01:42 AM)grampahol Wrote: Having to deal with my 89 year old father on a regular basis I'm not quite sure I should quit smoking. In fact I'm considering smoking even more. Dimentia, regular constipation, almost completely blind, can't hear, lost two wives and on and on.. I'm kind of struggling with the idea of living long enough for any of his problems to become any of my problems. I'm thinking about 80 sounds like a good expiration date.. I'm not sure I want to make it that far.. Knowing my rotten luck I'll get up to 15 packs a day and live to 143.. 

We all hear the stories from friends that say they knew a guy, relative,etc, that smoked their whole life and never had any issues. Lol, yeah right. Climb a set of steps or have extended banging with the wife. Shit wears you out. :insert smoking emoticon here: ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2018, 10:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We all hear the stories from friends that say they knew a guy, relative,etc, that smoked their whole life and never had any issues. Lol, yeah right. Climb a set of steps or have extended banging with the wife. Shit wears you out. :insert smoking emoticon here: ThumbsUp

Too late to worry about any of that which is why I live in a house where I don't have to climb steps.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote