Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tua back in concussion protocol
Tua has another concussion and has entered protocol. This is his thrid this season. Currently, the Dolphins have the 7th playoff position.. They are scheduled to play the Patriots on Sunday in a win and in game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He needs to seriously consider retirement. Multiple injuries to the head/brain in the span of 5 months is not to be taken lightly. He's got 30 mil plus, would undoubtedly have a place as an analyst for college ball.

I get that to be in the NFL you have to have a competitor's edge that I can't identify with, but he really needs to think of quality of life post NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: He needs to seriously consider retirement. Multiple injuries to the head/brain in the span of 5 months is not to be taken lightly. He's got 30 mil plus, would undoubtedly have a place as an analyst for college ball.

I get that to be in the NFL you have to have a competitor's edge that I can't identify with, but he really needs to think of quality of life post NFL.

at minimum, the NFL should require players who get a 2nd concussion in one season to be placed on IR.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If you watched him play this past weekend, he is definitely not seeing the field at all. He should be IR ed and undergo extensive testing. And the Dolphins organization should be under major investigation.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 02:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: He needs to seriously consider retirement. Multiple injuries to the head/brain in the span of 5 months is not to be taken lightly. He's got 30 mil plus, would undoubtedly have a place as an analyst for college ball.

its definately gonna hurt his 2nd Contract prospects
Reply/Quote
I'm no doctor by any stretch. But from what I've heard that many concussions in that short a time period is a very, very serious medical concern. I can't imagine being in his spot, still so young, real shot at being a bigtime NFL QB.

But I'd venture a guess that he better give strong consideration to hanging up his cleats.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm no doctor by any stretch. But from what I've heard that many concussions in that short a time period is a very, very serious medical concern. I can't imagine being in his spot, still so young, real shot at being a bigtime NFL QB.

But I'd venture a guess that he better give strong consideration to hanging up his cleats.

My impression of concussions is that with each successive injury the next one becomes even more likely.  If you have three, then number four is right around the corner.  He needs to give serious consideration to finding something else to be passionate about and go pursue that and leave football behind.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 07:21 PM)pally Wrote: at minimum, the NFL should require players who get a 2nd concussion in one season to be placed on IR.

Disagree. The Steelers exist. Higgins got a concussion in Week 1 and was cleared for Week 2. That means he'd have 16 games where 1 more concussion means he is required to go on IR. Say the Bengals and Steelers were playing in Game 14 and both were tied for the division lead. They would know that just one cheap shot would mean the Bengals are required to IR Higgins for the rest of the season.

They absolutely need to protect guys from playing with a concussion, but if a guy is cleared from a concussion and feels good, it's gotta be his choice.

Now do I think Tua should seriously consider sitting out of the rest of the season? Yes, I absolutely do. He's an adult, though, and if he gets medically cleared (maybe add being required to be cleared by like 3 different doctors?) then it should be his choice.

EDIT: As I thought about it some more, it would probably also make guys give extra effort to hide concussions as they know it could lead to them being automatically put on IR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote