Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tua or Burrow ?
(02-20-2020, 07:09 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I watched the lsu alabama highlight and I seen Burrow throw the ball over the receivers head multiple times. I think Tua and Burrow both have flaws.. honestly I would take Tua because that means more picks for us if someone trades us for the 1st pick.

Couldn't have done it too many times, he was 31-39 compared to Tua at 21-40.

As far as the picks go, there's really not going to be a way to get Tua AND picks.  Tua is going 3rd overall to someone.  If the Bengals trade down to 5 or lower, they are going to have to give up a fair amount of what they gained by moving down to move back up and get Tua.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 06:22 PM)blt4584 Wrote: That's really not true at all. Most of the players from one team had offers from the other team. Alabama had just been doing a better job of coaching them until Orgeron was able to fix some of the messes Les Miles left behind.

Bama has been the Champ of the SEC for awhile now and most of the most talented players go there that are looking for the
jump to the next level. They go there more often than LSU, it is the truth. Don't know how you can say it isn't true at all.

(02-20-2020, 06:48 PM)Benton Wrote: And with the hip injury, my concern on tua is he's only going to be able to play for a team that can put him on an island.

Exactly, the injury makes these guy's arguments moot. Always said I liked Tua when he is healthy.

But after the injury and then after what Burrow did against Clemson you take Burrow every time over Tua and you definately
don't trade back for an injury prone QB.

(02-20-2020, 06:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but are they Rainbows or tightropes?

On the money, which is what matters.

(02-20-2020, 07:06 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I see Tua hitting guys in stride a lot on the deep ball.. no rainbows all put on the money.

I see that too, but Burrow does the same and is more accurate and has better pocket awareness and isn't hurt all the time.

(02-20-2020, 07:09 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I watched the lsu alabama highlight and I seen Burrow throw the ball over the receivers head multiple times. I think Tua and Burrow both have flaws.. honestly I would take Tua because that means more picks for us if someone trades us for the 1st pick.

As Hammerstripes said...

31-39 is a hell of a lot better than 21-40.

You are being a homer for Tua even when he is injured. If it was reversed and Burrow was the injured one I could understand.

But even then, Burrow outplayed Tua by a large margin in that game and beat him and Bama.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 09:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bama has been the Champ of the SEC for awhile now and most of the most talented players go there that are looking for the
jump to the next level. They go there more often than LSU, it is the truth. Don't know how you can say it isn't true at all.

I'm not arguing that Alabama hasn't been more successful, I'm arguing that LSU isn't a island of misfit toys. Bama has absolutely had more success than anyone in the country for the past decade, but that doesn't mean that they get everyone they want and everyone else just gets scraps.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 10:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Watch the throw Tua makes late in the 4th against LSU to Devonta Smith. From the far hash to the complete opposite boundary. There were no other defenders behind that throw. Even the safety was burnt.
That takes a very strong arm to make that throw. Ts, I'm not quite sure that Tua has the touch, or anticipation that Joe has.
Joe seems to be the right pick in this situation. I hope he is, comes in, and kicks ass! He needs weapons and blocking. He needs a scheme that works for him. Not sure that ZT provides it. 

You mean this 35 yard rainbow?

https://youtu.be/51v9dtbOlPw

The ball is in the 15 and the receiver catches it at the 49 yard line but look at the trajectory. Tua has to put the ball in the rafters to get it there. From a clean pocket....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 10:07 PM)Synric Wrote: You mean this 35 yard rainbow?

https://youtu.be/51v9dtbOlPw

The ball is in the 15 and the receiver catches it at the 49 yard line but look at the trajectory. Tua has to put the ball in the rafters to get it there. From a clean pocket....

Have you ever played QB at the HS or JUCO level? I have. That's a tough throw to make. That's a 60 yard throw, and the hardest one to make in football at any level. He throws it from the 7, far hash, it's caught on the 50 instride. The field is 53 yards wide!!!!

Have you even considered how many dome games that JB played down the stretch? Then take into account how many of those Sept and Oct games were played here in the South, in pristine conditions. The furthest North he played last season was Nashville in mid September.

Ummm...yeah! That's not an Ohio plains wind that he was throwing in, at any point last season. I wonder why while he as at OSU his arm strength was just marginal, but here in the South ( where I live) he could chunk it plenty? I'm just wondering why that is??? I know why he struggled against Auburn, do you?
Sorry, but that was a tremendous throw at that point in the game. No offense, but you don't understand the QB position at all. Seriously, you don't.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 12:47 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Have you ever played QB at the HS or JUCO level? I have. That's a tough throw to make. That's a 60 yard throw, and the hardest one to make in football at any level. He throws it from the 7, far hash, it's caught on the 50 instride. The field is 53 yards wide!!!!

Have you even considered how many dome games that JB played down the stretch? Then take into account how many of those Sept and Oct games were played here in the South, in pristine conditions. The furthest North he played last season was Nashville in mid September.

Ummm...yeah! That's not an Ohio plains wind that he was throwing in, at any point last season. I wonder why while he as at OSU his arm strength was just marginal, but here in the South ( where I live) he could chunk it plenty? I'm just wondering why that is??? I know why he struggled against Auburn, do you?
Sorry, but that was a tremendous throw at that point in the game. No offense, but you don't understand the QB position at all. Seriously, you don't.

I'm not saying it wasnt a great throw and it's exactly a 53 yard throw from the far hash in college or high school and a 57 in the NFL. The point is you are trying to push arm strength and arm talent but that throw shows different. It was a great throw from a guy that understand his arm limitations but it was not a throw from a guy with a great arm. Burrow and Tua have very similar in terms of arm talent. 

As for Burrow vs Auburn Joe went 32/42 321 yards 1/1 and a rushing TD. I get trying to say he had a "bad game" because it was raining but Auburn was getting alot of pass rush from Brown, Davidson, and Coe and were dropping 8 into coverage. The defensive backs were mugging thr LSU receivers throwing off the timing especially in the redzone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 12:47 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Have you ever played QB at the HS or JUCO level? I have. That's a tough throw to make. That's a 60 yard throw, and the hardest one to make in football at any level. He throws it from the 7, far hash, it's caught on the 50 instride. The field is 53 yards wide!!!!

You know he is from Ohio, right?  He played HS ball in Ohio and took his team to the state championship, so he's played in Ohio in November.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 08:12 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm not saying it wasnt a great throw and it's exactly a 53 yard throw from the far hash in college or high school and a 57 in the NFL. The point is you are trying to push arm strength and arm talent but that throw shows different. It was a great throw from a guy that understand his arm limitations but it was not a throw from a guy with a great arm. Burrow and Tua have very similar in terms of arm talent. 

As for Burrow vs Auburn Joe went 32/42 321 yards 1/1 and a rushing TD. I get trying to say he had a "bad game" because it was raining but Auburn was getting alot of pass rush from Brown, Davidson, and Coe and were dropping 8 into coverage. The defensive backs were mugging thr LSU receivers throwing off the timing especially in the redzone.

Auburn's secondary is one of the very best in the country, year in, and year out. What you call "mugging" is just good coverage at the top level. That's not even mentioning their pass rush. That's the same type of secondary/defense he will be facing each and every week in the NFL.
I have respect for you man, and there is no reason for you to keep singing his praises to me. You haven't learned me a single thing about JB that I didn't already understand, but thank you for trying.
 I live 4 hours from Baton Rouge. My ex is from Hammond, LA and her father graduated from LSU. I'm a lifelong Bucks fan. I understand plenty about JB!
He is most likely going to be our QB going forward, so let's hope he can bring some of his " tiger" mojo to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 08:20 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: You know he is from Ohio, right?  He played HS ball in Ohio and took his team to the state championship, so he's played in Ohio in November.

Thanks for the geography lesson. According to all of the hype coming from some, I could have sworn he is from Krypton?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 02:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Thanks for the geography lesson. According to all of the hype coming from some, I could have sworn he is from Krypton?

He’s earned every bit of the hype.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 09:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: On the money, which is what matters.

I agree that's important.. but how long it takes to get there can be the difference in a pick or a TD
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2020, 09:55 PM)blt4584 Wrote: I'm not arguing that Alabama hasn't been more successful, I'm arguing that LSU isn't a island of misfit toys. Bama has absolutely had more success than anyone in the country for the past decade, but that doesn't mean that they get everyone they want and everyone else just gets scraps.

I agree, but Tua had a more talented team around him than Burrow did IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 02:22 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Thanks for the geography lesson. According to all of the hype coming from some, I could have sworn he is from Krypton?

You said he hadn’t played in bad or cold weather. He has.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 03:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I agree that's important.. but how long it takes to get there can be the difference in a pick or a TD

60 TD's 3 interceptions...

I think that is a pretty good ratio. Mellow
Reply/Quote