Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tua serious injury - 1st pick or bust now for the Bengals
Tua Tagovailoa suffers potentially career-threatening injury - (We all know how the Bengals like to draft injured guys.)

We basically have to lose atleast 6 more games IF we want a QB. IF we for some reason start winning, it's Chase Young or another prospect.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/pro-football-doc/story/2019-11-16/profootballdoc-alabama-tua-tagovailoa-hip-injury-nfl-career

In all seriousness...praying that he can recover from this. The guy is gutsy to play a few weeks after ankle surgery. He's a football player and a talented one at that. He's just injured a decent bit.
Reply/Quote
IF say we end up picking 2...I'd be happy with Chase Young. Then, trade a 2nd and 4th to come back in the 1st Round and get Jordan Love.

Jordan Love...who I never hear anyone talk about...could be the next Mahomes.
Reply/Quote
It's seriously #1 pick or bust. Tua may not go 2 now. Chase Young probably will.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Tua may just want to stay in school. Give him a chance to rehab and show he's back to normal.

With an injury like this, I'd be shocked if a team takes him in the first round given there's a chance his career is over. Depending on the severity, it may tank his draft stock even worse than that.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like our kinda guy. Hurt multiple times already, won't finish the season...yup that is a Bengal's first rounder right there.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 09:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Tua may just want to stay in school. Give him a chance to rehab and show he's back to normal.

With an injury like this, I'd be shocked if a team takes him in the first round given there's a chance his career is over. Depending on the severity, it may tank his draft stock even worse than that.

He's a junior so that's an option. It could be career threatening. Hopefully not.
Reply/Quote
I remember the last time we drafted an often injured college prospect with a top 3 pick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don’t know if Burrow is a one year wonder but it’s hard not to take a chance on him right now the way he is playing. I just hope he would have the same pocket presence that he has now and a strong enough arm
Reply/Quote
Bengals are going to win 3 pointless games, take Tua with the 4th overall pick thinking he will be a steal at that pick due to injury. He will come back and never be the same player again.

That is how the Bengals roll.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Herbert is better anyway. Do hope Tua can recover fully. Due in no small part to the fact that the Bungles are guaranteed to pick him after this.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 10:07 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I don’t know if Burrow is a one year wonder but it’s hard not to take a chance on him right now the way he is playing.  I just hope he would have the same pocket presence that he has now and a strong enough arm

There's a lot of evidence that QB's take a huge jump in productivity around age 22/23. That's where Burrow is at.

Some of the younger guys get drafted and make that jump their 2nd year in the Pros.

I think that's a concern on Burrow...that he's already peaked. But, he appears to have it all.
Reply/Quote
I kind of like Jordan Love.

IF we had a great coaching staff, I think he could develop. We don't.

Chase Young at 2, the Love in the 2nd Round would be ok with me.

Get that dominant pass rusher, then QB prospect. I'd probably sit Love for a year. So maybe a Tannehill or Dalton next year...or Finley I guess.

Then, IF you are really bad...you go Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 10:07 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I don’t know if Burrow is a one year wonder but it’s hard not to take a chance on him right now the way he is playing.  I just hope he would have the same pocket presence that he has now and a strong enough arm

Burrow was alot better in 2018 than his numbers show. 

PFF grades are questionable and I question them myself but they had him having 4 elite graded games in 2018. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
That Bengals material, right there. With no improved O-Line, we will be on QB2 by week 6.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Trade the pick & draft Hurts in the 2nd.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I heard he is expected to recover then I read something like this.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 04:07 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I heard he is expected to recover then I read something like this.  

I dont think anybody can really know for sure.  A lot of Bo Jackson references, but CJ Mosely had the same injury.  Just heard a doctor on ESPN describe it  Depends on the type of fractures, cartilage damage, and blood flow questions.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 01:35 AM)J24 Wrote: Trade the pick & draft Hurts in the 2nd.

Im all for that. I am a big Hurts fan....the dude is a gamer and a true leader as well. Dual threat QB is what we need to counter the Lamar Jackson jugernaut.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 01:35 AM)J24 Wrote: Trade the pick & draft Hurts in the 2nd.

Why would you trade the pick when you could take Young, and then the QB in the second?

(11-17-2019, 11:01 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I dont think anybody can really know for sure.  A lot of Bo Jackson references, but CJ Mosely had the same injury.  Just heard a doctor on ESPN describe it  Depends on the type of fractures, cartilage damage, and blood flow questions.

They also were quick to point out the hip was placed back in the socket very quickly at the stadium, which is essential to a full recovery.
Reply/Quote