Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tua serious injury - 1st pick or bust now for the Bengals
Before drafting Tua Tagovailoa I would get Jonah Williams’ opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 02:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Before drafting Tua Tagovailoa I would get Jonah Williams’ opinion.

Good point.

They could also inquire with Hubbard, Price, and Michael Johnson for insight into Burrow's time at Ohio State...
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I kind of like Jordan Love.

IF we had a great coaching staff, I think he could develop. We don't.

Chase Young at 2, the Love in the 2nd Round would be ok with me.

Get that dominant pass rusher, then QB prospect. I'd probably sit Love for a year. So maybe a Tannehill or Dalton next year...or Finley I guess.

Then, IF you are really bad...you go Lawrence.

I view Jordan Love as somewhat of a project.
Previous history indicates the Bengals are not good overall developing projects into good players.
With that said, the Bengals have Taylor, Callahan, and Van Pelt all in the building to help groom a new QB, so maybe it will work.
Just like in fantasy football though, I don't like to take gambles in the early rounds. Give me as much safe production as possible.

I'd prefer Eason over Love if picking a QB at the top of Rd 2 but maybe Eason doesn't make it that far.
I'd also maybe consider Hurts given how good he's been when he's had a clean pocket but his instincts to immediately tuck and run whenever feeling any pressure makes me think that habit will be hard to break. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 11:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I view Jordan Love as somewhat of a project.
Previous history indicates the Bengals are not good overall developing projects into good players.
With that said, the Bengals have Taylor, Callahan, and Van Pelt all in the building to help groom a new QB, so maybe it will work.
Just like in fantasy football though, I don't like to take gambles in the early rounds. Give me as much safe production as possible.

I'd prefer Eason over Love if picking a QB at the top of Rd 2 but maybe Eason doesn't make it that far.
I'd also maybe consider Hurts given how good he's been when he's had a clean pocket but his instincts to immediately tuck and run whenever feeling any pressure makes me think that habit will be hard to break. 

I'm on the fence about Hurts. If I had any confidence this staff or whoever is next under Bengals coaching could develop an O around him I'd say pull the trigger. And go with Young early and either wait and see if Hurts falls outta the 1st or trade back up.

But I'm not beaming with confidence they could make it go with Hurts ? There's just so much to fix, damn.
Reply/Quote
And who knows how far Tua will fall ? It's really hard to say until the medical check before the combine. And I'll be honest I'm scared of him !

But if he falls into the 2nd do you roll the dice and try it ? I'm really tired of 2nd round projects though.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 12:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And who knows how far Tua will fall ? It's really hard to say until the medical check before the combine. And I'll be honest I'm scared of him !

But if he falls into the 2nd do you roll the dice and try it ? I'm really tired of 2nd round projects though.

He has been in college three years and has had 3 significant injuries. There come a point where someone is just injury prone. It doesn't mean they are weak, it doesn't make them a bad person, but it is something that will just always be there. I think Tua is going to be Sam Bradford, a great talent who will never stay healthy. 
Reply/Quote
We have to take him in the first round. Mike just installed more handicapped parking spaces at the practice facility.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 02:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Before drafting Tua Tagovailoa I would get Jonah Williams’ opinion.

Hell yeah. If we aren't going to have a scouting department we can just call up their former teammates. Sounds good to me. Definitely better than what they have done in the last five years.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: He has been in college three years and has had 3 significant injuries. There come a point where someone is just injury prone. It doesn't mean they are weak, it doesn't make them a bad person, but it is something that will just always be there. I think Tua is going to be Sam Bradford, a great talent who will never stay healthy. 

Exactly. Can't understand why many don't see this or are blinded by the risk factor? We should stay as far away as possible.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: He has been in college three years and has had 3 significant injuries. There come a point where someone is just injury prone. It doesn't mean they are weak, it doesn't make them a bad person, but it is something that will just always be there. I think Tua is going to be Sam Bradford, a great talent who will never stay healthy. 

(11-22-2019, 01:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly. Can't understand why many don't see this or are blinded by the risk factor? We should stay as far away as possible.

I agree

Just wishful thinking to try and hit lightning in a bottle and try and fix this train wreck faster. I really don't wanna go thru another 4 years of 4-12.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2019, 01:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly. Can't understand why many don't see this or are blinded by the risk factor? We should stay as far away as possible.

But many people want to break the bank for a thirty two year old WR who can't stay healthy. Munoz had two knee operations before he set foot on an NFL field( played one game his senior year). If he still comes out and can preform in the try outs or pro days some team will take a chance. Way too many QB needy teams for him not to.
Reply/Quote