Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity Accused of Sexual Misconduct in New Lawsuit
Color me stunned that the "culture" at FOX News has never changed.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/07/tucker-carlson-sean-hannity-sexual-misconduct-lawsuit.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1&utm_campaign=nym

[/url]
Quote:[url=https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6998437-Eckhart.html]A complaint filed in New York federal court on July 20 alleges sexual misconduct by top Fox News hosts including Tucker CarlsonSean Hannity, and Howard Kurtz. The suit also addresses a previous rape allegation against host Ed Henry, who was fired from the network on July 1 after an internal investigation. “In reality, Fox News knew that Mr. Henry had engaged in sexual misconduct as far back as early 2017,” the complaint claims. “At that time, when Fox News was conducting a company-wide investigation into issues of sexual harassment, multiple women came forward to complain that Mr. Henry had engaged in sexually inappropriate conduct towards them.” The rape allegation comes from Jennifer Eckhardt, a former freelance administrative assistant at Fox. Along with rape, her claim alleges Fox News violated federal laws against sex trafficking by supporting Henry.

A second plaintiff, Cathy Areu — a former Fox journalist and “Liberal Sherpa” on Tucker Carlson Tonight — also alleges sexual harassment by Henry. Additionally, she claims that Hannity offered his staff and crew $100 to take her on a date during preparation for a taping, and that she was “hardly ever, if ever at all” brought back on his show afterward. During her final 2018 appearance on Carlson’s show, she alleges she was kept on set by tech crew, who refused to take off her earpiece, so that Carlson could invite her to a hotel room where he was staying that night without his family. She declined, and has only been featured on his show three times since. She also said she declined a meeting with Kurtz, whose Media Buzz show she had appeared on regularly, at a hotel room one night in 2019, instead suggesting he meet her with a friend for dinner. He did not agree to the meeting, and afterward wouldn’t talk with her about possible advancement opportunities, telling her, “in sum and in substance, ‘You’re the only woman here who won’t come to my hotel room.’” The complaint demands a trial by jury against Fox News, Ed Henry, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Howard Kurtz as defendants.

Is the Fisherstick King back from his "scheduled few days off" yet?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Good lord the fear they have of Carlson.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 09:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Good lord the fear they have of Carlson.

So much that they publicly accused him and gave their names and everything.   Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 10:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: So much that they publicly accused him and gave their names and everything.   Mellow

Precisely what I just said.
Reply/Quote

Quote:Michael J. Willemin, an attorney who represents the women along with veteran sexual misconduct litigator Doug Wigdor, told Salon that Fox News had been informed of Areu's allegations against Carlson on July 9, four days before the host announced that he would be taking a "pre-planned vacation."

A Fox News spokesperson confirmed in an email that the network had learned about Areu's claims against Carlson on July 9 — and "promptly investigated them."

"Tucker is still employed, and this has zero to do with his vacation, which was legit and pre-planned," the spokesperson added.

The legal complaint is itself so graphic in nature that it includes a trigger warning: "This document contains contains highly-graphic information of a sexual nature, including sexual assault.

If you really want the details you can follow the link.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 10:42 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

If you really want the details you can follow the link.

Read the complaint.  It really looks like a strong attempt to link Carlson to the actually heinous conduct of a Fox employee who had nothing to do with Carlson.  Unless I missed it, and I do a pretty good speed read, the only allegation against Carlson is that he slightly propositioned a woman, she refused and then she appeared on his show less the next year and then not at all in 2020.  This, of course, assumes the allegation is 100% true.  I'm not a fan of Carlson, although he is clearly good at what he does I'm not huge on smarmy and smug, either together or in combination.  That being said it could not be more obvious that the left wing media is gunning for him hard core.

Like I said, they really fear him.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 10:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Read the complaint.  It really looks like a strong attempt to link Carlson to the actually heinous conduct of a Fox employee who had nothing to do with Carlson.  Unless I missed it, and I do a pretty good speed read, the only allegation against Carlson is that he slightly propositioned a woman, she refused and then she appeared on his show less the next year and then not at all in 2020.  This, of course, assumes the allegation is 100% true.  I'm not a fan of Carlson, although he is clearly good at what he does I'm not huge on smarmy and smug, either together or in combination.  That being said it could not be more obvious that the left wing media is gunning for him hard core.

Like I said, they really fear him.

Maybe practice up a little more on your speed reading.

Or maybe you can explain how you come to the conclusion that the left wing media is gunning for poor little tucker hard core when it’s a Fox producer and a Fox contributor filing a lawsuit against multiple Fox employees?
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 07:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe practice up a little more on your speed reading.

So you read the complain against Carlson (which is about 5%, if that, of the full complaint) and determined that this was worse than I indicated?  The complaint against the main person is absolutely heinous.  I don't see the allegation against Carlson as gaining any traction at all.

Quote:Or maybe you can explain how you come to the conclusion that the left wing media is gunning for poor little tucker hard core when it’s a Fox producer and a Fox contributor filing a lawsuit against multiple Fox employees?

Maybe in the spirit of the new P&R you could be a little less condescending when you ask?  As for my conclusion in this regard, the CNN story about his head writer followed closely by the NYT's essentially doxing him followed closely by lumping him in with a much more serious allegation against a completely different person?  Seems like a pattern is forming here.  If you disagree, that's fine, just try to be a little more cordial when doing so next time.  I'd certainly appreciate it.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 07:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Maybe practice up a little more on your speed reading.

Or maybe you can explain how you come to the conclusion that the left wing media is gunning for poor little tucker hard core when it’s a Fox producer and a Fox contributor filing a lawsuit against multiple Fox employees?

It almost never fails that the "law and order" party/supporters rush in to claim their side is being falsely accused or unfairly attacked before an investigation by the authorities. It's possible Carlson is completely innocent. He doesn't strike me as an abuser although smarmy enough to be a harasser. Or he might be guilty as sin.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 10:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  the only allegation against Carlson is that he slightly propositioned a woman, she refused and then she appeared on his show less the next year and then not at all in 2020. 

"slightly"?

How exactly do you define a "slight" proposition?
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 08:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "slightly"?

Keeping her on the set until he could ask her to go to his hotel room alone?

Quote:B. Tucker Carlson 129. In 2017 and 2018, Ms. Areu appeared on a very frequent basis on Tucker Carlson Tonight (17 times, at least, in 2018 alone). 

130. Ms. Areu’s final 2018 appearance on the show was in December 2018. That particular show was filmed live in New York City and Mr. Carlson was in New York City at the studio.

131. After Ms. Areu’s segment was completed, one of Mr. Carlson’s producers or writers whispered in Ms. Areu’s ear, while she was on set trying to get out of the chair, and told her that Mr. Carlson wanted her to stay until the very end of the show to chat with him. Ms. Areu had no choice but to comply with Mr. Carlson’s request due to the fact that she was on live television while tied to her chair with a microphone on her that was attached to the chair. Ms. Areu was also wearing an earpiece that the tech crew refused to take off. 

132. Mr. Carlson’s tech crew refused to undo Ms. Areu’s equipment on set therefore she could not leave the chair or studio. Case 1:20-cv-05593 Document 1 Filed 07/20/20 Page 27 of 39 28 

133. Following the show, Mr. Carlson changed on set into his leather jacket for the annual Christmas party that he told Ms. Areu he would only be attending for approximately 10 minutes to, “make a quick appearance.” 

134. Following the show, Mr. Carlson, hardly making any effort to hide his intentions, began telling Ms. Areu that he would be alone in New York City that night, and specifically said that he would be staying alone in his hotel room without any wife or kids. 

135. Without question, Mr. Carlson was probing to see whether Ms. Areu was interested in a sexual relationship. 

136. Ms. Areu awkwardly sidestepped Mr. Carlson’s advances and declined to spend the night at his hotel. 

137. Mr. Carlson promptly retaliated against Ms. Areu, who was featured on his show only three times in 2019 and has not appeared once in 2020. 

138. According to Mr. Carlson’s producer, it is Mr. Carlson himself who consistently rejects proposals to have Ms. Areu on his show, notwithstanding the fact that her segments were, or were among, his most popular. 

Not the first time the culture at FOX has been brought into a lawsuit.  
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 08:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "slightly"?

Read the complaint.  Even if it happened exactly as described I can't see the merit of the lawsuit.

(07-21-2020, 08:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Keeping her on the set until he could ask her to go to his hotel room alone?

You do know that an earpiece is removable by anyone right?  They aren't stapled or glued on.

Quote:Not the first time the culture at FOX has been brought into a lawsuit.  

Irrelevant.  Every allegation should be decided on its own merits.  Unless you consider someone living in a high crime area as reason to assume they're a criminal.  After all, that's the "culture" of the area by your definition.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 07:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you read the complain against Carlson (which is about 5%, if that, of the full complaint) and determined that this was worse than I indicated?  The complaint against the main person is absolutely heinous.  I don't see the allegation against Carlson as gaining any traction at all.

Maybe in the spirit of the new P&R you could be a little less condescending when you ask?  As for my conclusion in this regard, the CNN story about his head writer followed closely by the NYT's essentially doxing him followed closely by lumping him in with a much more serious allegation against a completely different person?  Seems like a pattern is forming here.  If you disagree, that's fine, just try to be a little more cordial when doing so next time.  I'd certainly appreciate it.

So sorry if I hurt the feels bub. 

Maybe having a racist writer for one of the most watched prime time "news" shows on TV and a network full of sexual predators isn't the best thing and should be pointed out.

And then imagine someone trying to explain it all away by blaming the left wing media. That's the type of stuff that hurts my feelings. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 11:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So sorry if I hurt the feels bub.

You didn't, I just pointed out that you were being rude. 

Quote:Maybe having a racist writer for one of the most watched prime time "news" shows on TV and a network full of sexual predators isn't the best thing and should be pointed out.

Oh, is that your explanation?  It went from it's not happening at all to there's a good reason it's happening.  I don't think you thought this out well.

Quote:And then imagine someone trying to explain it all away by blaming the left wing media. That's the type of stuff that hurts my feelings. 

I am sorry your feelings were hurt, that was certainly not my intention.  I do think you rather missed the point and contradicted yourself though.  You went from a position that my assertion was absurd to trying to justify why you think my position is correct by the actions asserted are justified.  Like I said, not especially well thought out.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 11:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You didn't, I just pointed out that you were being rude. 

Oh, is that your explanation?  It went from it's not happening at all to there's a good reason it's happening.  I don't think you thought this out well.

I am sorry your feelings were hurt, that was certainly not my intention.  I do think you rather missed the point and contradicted yourself though.  You went from a position that my assertion was absurd to trying to justify why you think my position is correct by the actions asserted are justified.  Like I said, not especially well thought out.

Sorry bud. I don't want to play the little gotcha game.

Maybe have a couple seconds of reflection and think of why you have to classify the "left wing media" as unfairly attacking someone when it's just the media reporting current events. 

A racist writer responsible for one of the most watched "news" shows in our country is worth reporting.
A major "news" network with a history of sexual predators who appears to have a new era of sexual predators is worth reporting. 

I am sorry you feel there is some kind of evil left wing media agenda for sharing these stories.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 08:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You do know that an earpiece is removable by anyone right?  They aren't stapled or glued on.

I know there is often a wire that clips to the color and runs through the clothing.

How easy is it for a person to detach the wiring without assistance?  Does it run down the middle of the back?  

I often see techs assisting them, but I haver no idea how complicated it really is.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 11:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sorry bud. I don't want to play the little gotcha game.

No gotcha here, dude.  Not my style.  Just pointing out inconsistencies in your position.

Quote:Maybe have a couple seconds of reflection and think of why you have to classify the "left wing media" as unfairly attacking someone when it's just the media reporting current events. 

So you don't see a problem with lumping the accusations against Carlson, which are innocuous (and that's being generous), with a guy accused of rape?

Quote:A racist writer responsible for one of the most watched "news" shows in our country is worth reporting.

I agree.  What made him racist?  The site he posted on?  What site was that?  Is that not included in the news story?  Why would that be if it's worth reporting?

Quote:A major "news" network with a history of sexual predators who appears to have a new era of sexual predators is worth reporting. 

Sexual harassment, or worse, should be reported regardless.  Was what Carlson is accused of doing, as described solely by the plaintiffs allegation, the act of a sexual predator?

Quote:I am sorry you feel there is some kind of evil left wing media agenda for sharing these stories.

Don't be sorry, dude, just make a compelling argument for why my position is wrong.  If it's as obvious as you appear to assert this should not be a difficult task.  I'll be here and I honestly look forward to the cogent argument you're going to provide.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 12:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I know there is often a wire that clips to the color and runs through the clothing.

How easy is it for a person to detach the wiring without assistance?  Does it run down the middle of the back?  

I often see techs assisting them, but I haver no idea how complicated it really is.

I'm not 100%, especially as we are provided with zero details of that sort in the allegation.  I am sure, as it is plainly written in the allegation, that the plaintiff states she was "tied down" to the chair.  Now, given our mutual ignorance of exactly what mike and earpiece set up she was subjected to, would we both agree that using the term "tied down" to the chair is a misleading characterization and stated to frame the plaintiff in a position of helplessness that might not otherwise be true in order to bolster her case?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 10:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   That being said it could not be more obvious that the left wing media is gunning for him hard core.

You know the FBI was really gunning for Al Capone.

That proves he was innocent, right?
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2020, 12:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Now, given our mutual ignorance of exactly what mike and earpiece set up she was subjected to, would we both agree that using the term "tied down" to the chair is a misleading characterization and stated to frame the plaintiff in a position of helplessness that might not otherwise be true in order to bolster her case?

Considering that I have no idea what would have been required for her to leave the chair I am not going to guess.

Removing a live mic could have interfered with the show.  I treally have no idea?
Reply/Quote