Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tucker Carlson writer quits before he is fired for being a racist
This should come as no surprise that a former Daily Wire contributor was a writer for Carlson.

https://tvline.com/2020/07/10/tucker-carlson-writer-blake-neff-resigns-fox-news-racist-sexist/

Quote:Blake Neff, who served as the top writer for Tucker Carlson‘s Fox News show, has resigned after a number of racist and sexist posts written by him under a pseudonym came to light.

A Fox News spokesperson told CNN Business that Neff had resigned Friday morning from Tucker Carlson Tonight, after an investigation revealed that Neff had been posting under the pseudonym “CharlesXII” on AutoAdmit, a message board notorious for vulgar and offensive content. As “CharlesXII,” Neff made a series of brazenly racist comments, including a June 5 post that read: “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down.”

Neff also wrote that he “wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free” and commented that “given how tired black people always claim to be, maybe the real crisis is their lack of sleep.” Additionally, he authored a lengthy thread mocking a woman he knew as an “Azn megashrew,” leading to other users piling on and abusing the woman for years in follow-up posts. (CNN Business, who first broke the story, has a full, uncensored rundown of Neff’s posts.)
Previously a reporter at conservative outlet the Daily Caller, Neff worked for Fox News for four years and was considered Carlson’s top writer. Neff told a Dartmouth alumni magazine that “anything [Carlson is] reading off the teleprompter, the first draft was written by me.”

Carlson himself has come under fire in recent years for racist and sexist comments made on air and off, including a 2018 broadcast where he implied that accepting immigrants make America “poorer and dirtier.” In spite of the controversy, Tucker Carlson Tonight is the top-rated program on all of cable news, drawing a record 4.3 million total viewers last quarter.

While I am sure The Fishsticker King will just ignore that this ever happened, or praise FOX for finding out for him, what does this mean for the things Carlson says and does on his show?  Does he say he was just reading and the views weren't his?  Does he say he didn't think what was being written was racist or had racial undertones?

More than likely this "man" was hired because of his views on race and women but Tucker, who shares those obviously, will skate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Tucker has been known as more than just "conservative".

He is a champion of "preserving western culture". That means keeping the United States "pure" and free from other cultures.
Reply/Quote
Tucker's a blow hard much like O'Rieley before him. But you really cannot get around that Freedom of the Press thing. I've always said: Let the market sort it out and it appears despite being one of their most watched shows advertisers are staying away.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I always perceived Tucker to be a reactionary grifter just like most of the rest of 'em.
Reply/Quote
Trolls gonna troll (Neff) On Carlson, it's tough for me to have sympathy for a guy that's already made many times what I ever will in my lifetime. He could likely never work a day again, and be just fine. He doesn't hold a candle, talent wise to guys like Bill O'Reilly. O'Reilly went down in shame, yet continues to work, despite being easily rich enough to just put it all behind him and just enjoy his "golden' years. Guys like O'Reilly continue on because they love what they do, and truly believe in the cause.

I doubt that the same would be true for a guy like Tucker Carlson.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2020, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Trolls gonna troll (Neff)  On Carlson, it's tough for me to have sympathy for a guy that's already made many times what I ever will in my lifetime.  He could likely never work a day again, and be just fine.  He doesn't hold a candle, talent wise to guys like Bill O'Reilly.  O'Reilly went down in shame, yet continues to work, despite being easily rich enough to just put it all behind him and just enjoy his "golden' years.  Guys like O'Reilly continue on because they love what they do, and truly believe in the cause.

I doubt that the same would be true for a guy like Tucker Carlson.

Tucker is an odd case to me. I remember him from his days on Hardball with Paul Begala.  That show was very tame compared to modern standards of political vitriol, and Carlson usually came off as a garden variety conservative with no appeal outside of being a guy occupying a seat in a debate show.  

He really dug in when he took O'Reilly's spot.  If I had to pick a guy that would have become the hard right racially-tinged face of Fox, he'd have been the absolute last guy I'd have guessed.  

I guess what I'm saying is, I think he pulled a bit of a chameleon act in his most recent incarnation.  Obviously it's benefitted him financially, but he just comes off as more of an actor than a true believer.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2020, 08:13 PM)samhain Wrote: Tucker is an odd case to me. I remember him from his days on Hardball with Paul Begala.  That show was very tame compared to modern standards of political vitriol, and Carlson usually came off as a garden variety conservative with no appeal outside of being a guy occupying a seat in a debate show.  

He really dug in when he took O'Reilly's spot.  If I had to pick a guy that would have become the hard right racially-tinged face of Fox, he'd have been the absolute last guy I'd have guessed.  

I guess what I'm saying is, I think he pulled a bit of a chameleon act in his most recent incarnation.  Obviously it's benefitted him financially, but he just comes off as more of an actor than a true believer.

Your opinion seems to support the idea that Fox hired him the writer (Neff) to supplement his lack of real personality.  In my opinion, a guy like Carlson should have stuck to just simply reading the News.  All of the good political commentators, ones on both sides, they all have some quality in their personality or some actual insight that makes the viewer/listener actually buy into whatever they are putting out there.  Back when I actually watched Fox News, shortly after O'Reilly got put out, my opinion of Carlson was really "meh".  He was just blah, nothing special about him.  For his show to actually be watched and highly rated, it had to be a combination of the writer and the loyal viewers simply tuning into whomever Fox rolled out there.

Look at Megyn Kelly, she had personality and insight and was truly believable.  She should have been the one to take over for O'Reilly, rather than Carlson, but she opted for NBC money.  She couldn't pull off the faux Liberal act, and quickly tanked.  She's plenty wealthy, and never really needs to work again, but I wish she would.  I actually enjoyed her insight and commentary.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2020, 09:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Your opinion seems to support the idea that Fox hired him the writer (Neff) to supplement his lack of real personality.  In my opinion, a guy like Carlson should have stuck to just simply reading the News.  All of the good political commentators, ones on both sides, they all have some quality in their personality or some actual insight that makes the viewer/listener actually buy into whatever they are putting out there.  Back when I actually watched Fox News, shortly after O'Reilly got put out, my opinion of Carlson was really "meh".  He was just blah, nothing special about him.  For his show to actually be watched and highly rated, it had to be a combination of the writer and the loyal viewers simply tuning into whomever Fox rolled out there.

Look at Megyn Kelly, she had personality and insight and was truly believable.  She should have been the one to take over for O'Reilly, rather than Carlson, but she opted for NBC money.  She couldn't pull off the faux Liberal act, and quickly tanked.  She's plenty wealthy, and never really needs to work again, but I wish she would.  I actually enjoyed her insight and commentary.

I wouldn't disagree with any of this.  I'm not a huge O'Reilly fan, but I can respect that he was at least authentic in his arguments.  He had more of an everyman personality and his temper would get the best of him from time to time, which makes him more likable IMO.  

I thought Tucker was done after Hardball.  He was small-time compared to the Hannitys, O'Reillys, and even Beck for a minute.  He clawed back into the game with a new angle and it worked.  It just doesn't seem real.

Apparently, people think the guy should run for president.  I can't get over the bowtie wimp phase he went though and just don't think he's got a shot.
Reply/Quote
I think we can all agree that Carlson is just a political opportunist who says what he says because it gets ratings.

I put people like Limbaugh and Hannity in the same boat.  They don't believe what they say so much as they know what to say to get people to tune in.

Nonetheless this isn't just politics when an actual, proven racist was hired to write for a guy who says racist things.

And he got to resign before he was fired.  So he's got that going for him.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 01:23 AM)samhain Wrote: I thought Tucker was done after Hardball.  He was small-time compared to the Hannitys, O'Reillys, and even Beck for a minute.  He clawed back into the game with a new angle and it worked.  It just doesn't seem real.

Apparently, people think the guy should run for president.  I can't get over the bowtie wimp phase he went though and just don't think he's got a shot.

Clearly there is a huge market for the kind of commentary his writer was peddling.
Reply/Quote
Tucker took time out of accusing people who aren't as white as him of hating American "heritage" to speak on this:

[Image: Ec2aVw0X0AA2IsP?format=jpg&name=medium]

See?  Sure what he did "horrified" him but EVERYONE ELSE better watch themselves or THEIR racist posts might come back to haunt THEM too! Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2020, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let the market sort it out and it appears despite being one of their most watched shows advertisers are staying away.

I just saw an amazing stat.  One single sponser now pays for over half of his show. That is pretty much unheard of.  It is the "My Pillow" guy who is in love with Trump.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2020, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tucker's a blow hard much like O'Rieley before him. But you really cannot get around that Freedom of the Press thing. I've always said: Let the market sort it out and it appears despite being one of their most watched shows advertisers are staying away.

From a media perspective letting "the market" decide what gets put out is the worst possible idea and unfortunately is exactly what is going on (and almost always has..."if it bleeds it leads" gets more eyes that thoughtful conversation) and part of the reason the country is in the place it is.  

FOX can survive for so long with very few sponsors on The Fishsticker King's show.  They can use all those eye tuning in to get their daily does of "whites matter" to promote other shows on the network and whatever else helps them make money.  Eventually it would catch up with t hem but by then advertisers figure people have moved on to another thing and quietly come back to the show.
Reply/Quote
Why would a Tucker Carlson writer be fired for being racist?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2020, 10:24 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Why would a Tucker Carlson writer be fired for being racist?

For being OPENLY racist at a moment when other Fox commentators must constantly defend themselves against the charge.
Reply/Quote
"Blake Neff, who served as the top writer for Tucker Carlson‘s Fox News show, has resigned after a number of racist and sexist posts written by him under a pseudonym came to light."

[Image: whats-wrong-with-oskkqw.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 04:08 PM)Dill Wrote: For being OPENLY racist at a moment when other Fox commentators must constantly defend themselves against the charge.

But the show itself is openly racist haha.

I just don't get why people are acting surprised that a racist works for Tucker Carlson. His entire brand is "keep America white."
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2020, 05:07 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: But the show itself is openly racist haha.

I just don't get why people are acting surprised that a racist works for Tucker Carlson. His entire brand is "keep America white."

Whoa! not openly.

Sean, Laura, Mark, Judge Janine and Tucker ALL go all faux outrage at any suggestion Trump or Fox or the right in general lean toward white supremacy. Can't go an evening without some example of liberal race hypocrisy, playing the race card, Blacks are racist too etc etc.

Fox is a symphony of dog whistles for sure, but liberals are always, finally, the "real" racists.

[Image: 416418724_5483486543001_5482909776001-vs...2909776001]
Reply/Quote
I remember the Family Guy quick little jab at Fox News

It showed a promo for Fox News “Fox News, Not Racist but #1 with racists!”
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2020, 04:28 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I remember the Family Guy quick little jab at Fox News

It showed a promo for Fox News “Fox News, Not Racist but #1 with racists!”
[Image: 61663006.jpg]
Reply/Quote