Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tues-Burrow speaks to the media
Justin Jefferson is looking more and more like a Tyler Boyd Clone...Laviska Shenault came in shorter than expected.

Edit: Chase Claypool is 6'4 2/8ths and 238lbs...Gonna be interesting in seeing how he runs especially in the 3cone and shuttles.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think measurements mean something. It shouldn't dictate the total evaluation, but it certainly plays a part of it. It would be neglectful if ignored.

Sure slow wideouts for example have been successful, but I don't ignore 40 times. 40 times aren't everything in the evaluation process.

Orlando Brown is a perfect example of tape over measurements. The measurements said the guy couldn't move an old lady blocking the milk at the grocery but the tape said something far different. Measurements may cause you to go back and look at tape to double check you saw correctly but when you let a measurement drive an evaluation you end up with John Ross or like I said above passing on an Orlando Brown. 
Reply/Quote
My guy Denzel Mims 6'2 7/8ths 207lbs 33 7/8th arms. If he tests like everyone thinks this week he could go in the first round...Definitely a possibility at 33.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Whatever. If Burrow came in with 10 inch hands and Tua with 9 folks would "somehow" see what I'm saying. As they pointed to hand size as it relates to QB's etc.

But since he didn't. No one seems to know what I'm talking about. Funny how that works.

What's even funnier is how you constantly want to belittle a draft pick because you want to keep Your boy Andy. There will never ever be a more opportune time to move on and change this team. It may not work out but how much worse could he do than 2-14?
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:09 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  What's even funnier is how you constantly want to belittle a draft pick because you want to keep Your boy Andy. There will never ever be a more opportune time to move on and change this team. It may not work out but how much worse could he do than 2-14?

What are you talking about? (as everyone around here knows) You are the one obsessed with Andy. I've been saying Burrow or bust since October.

Keep swinging and missing with me. Sooner or later you'll learn.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:09 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  What's even funnier is how you constantly want to belittle a draft pick because you want to keep Your boy Andy. There will never ever be a more opportune time to move on and change this team. It may not work out but how much worse could he do than 2-14?

How big are AD’s hands? He certainly put the ball on the ground enough. Especially in the playoffs...

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:59 AM)Synric Wrote: My guy Denzel Mims 6'2 7/8ths 207lbs 33 7/8th arms. If he tests like everyone thinks this week he could go in the first round...Definitely a possibility at 33.

I continue reading more and more teams are looking at the depth of the WR class and whereas the general public thinks it means a run on WR's they are predicting it pushing guys into the 2nd and 3rd. With that in mind I am beginning to think we could be seeing a guy like Mims there in the 3rd with KJ Hamler and others. WR's are going to dictate this draft one way or another. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How big are AD’s hands? He certainly put the ball on the ground enough. Especially in the playoffs...

Yall making this about AD is lame. Get over it. This is about Burrow, or specifically does hand size matter when evaluating QB's.

If asked what folks would prefer Burrow's hand size to be 10 inches or 9. Most if not all would say 10 so folks know where this evaluation comes from rather it should be the be all end all or not (it certainly isn't everything when evaluating qb's or wideouts).

Attacking Dalton who hasn't even been mentioned and has nothing to do with evaluating Burrow as a prospect is just a lame way for you guys to relieve yourselves by taking a shot at Dalton.

Once you're done with your cigarette can we talk hand size and preferences for QB's again?

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: What are you talking about? (as everyone around here knows) You are the one obsessed with Andy. I've been saying Burrow or bust since October.

Keep swinging and missing with me. Sooner or later you'll learn.

So who do you want for a QB? You don't want the most prolific single season QB in SEC history. Then you constantly cry about Andy getting a raw deal and we will be sorry he's gone. You just keep pissing in the wind and wondering why you're getting wet, and the folks at the adult table will keep discussing rationally.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:    So who do you want for a QB? You don't want the most prolific single season QB in SEC history. Then you constantly cry about Andy getting a raw deal and we will be sorry he's gone. You just keep pissing in the wind and wondering why you're getting wet, and the folks at the adult table will keep discussing rationally.

I've long stated who I wanted. While you were still wanting Finley. Oops.

You're not turning another thread into a Dalton thread. We have moved on and are tired of your constant need to bring and bash Dalton in every thread you post in.

Do us a favor and get over your obsession with Dalton.

It's a new era.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: I continue reading more and more teams are looking at the depth of the WR class and whereas the general public thinks it means a run on WR's they are predicting it pushing guys into the 2nd and 3rd. With that in mind I am beginning to think we could be seeing a guy like Mims there in the 3rd with KJ Hamler and others. WR's are going to dictate this draft one way or another. 

Along with Mim's tape... (which is excellent) I just believe his draft offseason is seperating him from the "B Group" of wide receivers. If he comes in and runs that low 4.4 and jumps like everyone expects but also puts of great numbers in the agility drills it will put him ahead of guys like Aiyuk and Jefferson easily. 

But yea I've heard there could be 20ish receivers taken in the first 100 picks which would be insane.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yall making this about AD is lame. Get over it. This is about Burrow, or specifically does hand size matter when evaluating QB's.

If asked what folks would prefer Burrow's hand size to be 10 inches or 9. Most if not all would say 10 so folks know where this evaluation comes from rather it should be the be all end all or not (it certainly isn't everything when evaluating qb's or wideouts).

Attacking Dalton who hasn't even been mentioned and has nothing to do with evaluating Burrow as a prospect is just a lame way for you guys to relieve yourselves by taking a shot at Dalton.

Once you're done with your cigarette can we talk hand size and preferences for QB's again?

Well, it’s clear to some us why certain people would choose to be anything but excited over drafting Burrow...

There’s no such thing as a perfect prospect. So hand size is an absolute nitpick. And many times the ones who are closest (physically) don’t amount to much anyway.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, it’s clear to some us why certain people would choose to be anything but excited over drafting Burrow...

I'm sure there is a word or two missing from this sentence but there's only a couple people I've saw not "excited" about drafting Burrow.

And to them it's nothing to do with Burrow himself, it's the want and need for more picks.

All opinions are welcomed around here tho so even their opinion shouldn't be dismissed.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm sure there is a word or two missing from this sentence but there's only a couple people I've saw not excited about drafting Burrow.

And to them it's nothing to do with Burrow himself, it's the want and need for more picks.

Basically you get more players because you save 10 million by changing QBs ,so it gives the team not only more talent at the most important position QB but allows them to address other areas of need. This advantage continues for the length of the contract. Even if we had Big Ben with our talent level right or wrong you take the future franchise QB and save 27 mil. When you have a QB on a rookie contract like the Chiefs this year, it gives you a window to do what other teams can't. Mahommes is said to be looking for a contract at 40mil/yr so that will impact the talent level around him unless they knock out the draft year in and year out. I have no faith in our FO duplicating any successful stradegy but who knows, even a blind squirrel finds a acorn every now and then.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Basically you get more players because you save 10 million by changing QBs ,so it gives the team not only more talent at the most important position QB but allows them to address other areas of need. This advantage continues for the length of the contract. When you have a QB on a rookie contract like the Chiefs this year, it gives you a window to do what other teams can't. Mahommes is said to be looking for a contract at 40mil/yr so that will impact the talent level around him unless they knock out the draft year in and year out. I have no faith in our FO duplicating any successful stradegy but who knows, even a blind squirrel finds a acorn every now and then.

I'm with you here.

We'll see if the front office takes advantage and makes most of this opportunity. We are about to see.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 10:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: Buckle up, Burrow just measured with 9 inch hands and that will now be the next pointless fact people go to on why the Bengals should consider trading him.
No problem. Just deflate the football.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How big are AD’s hands? He certainly put the ball on the ground enough. Especially in the playoffs...

Fumbles Per Season  (Season = At least 9 games played in that season.)

Dalton: 4.66

Luck: 8.20
Brady: 6.72
Wilson: 9.25
Rodgers: 6.64
Brees: 5.72
Rivers: 7.57
Newton: 6.25

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's a really weird hill to choose to die on, Nicomo.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 01:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fumbles Per Season  (Season = At least 9 games played in that season.)

4 in 4 playoff games...

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 01:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fumbles Per Season  (Season = At least 9 games played in that season.)

Its hard to fumble while in the fetal position. Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 11:59 AM)Synric Wrote: My guy Denzel Mims 6'2 7/8ths 207lbs 33 7/8th arms. If he tests like everyone thinks this week he could go in the first round...Definitely a possibility at 33.

I want Mims at 33 all day
Reply/Quote