Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday begins KEY TIME for BENGALS 2017 HOPES
It's ticking to midnight now and I wish it would all work out within a few hours so I can get some sleep mad or happy either way lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:15 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is there really any debate?

Coaching changes = 0

Top FA player in Zeitler = not even considering being re-signed. (Before people scream Whit is the top FA, every list from NFL scouts, and NFL experts has Z rated much higher.)

Impact FA's brought in = 0

Pile up that $$$$$ and Comp picks.

, sure Zeitler is rated higher as a player but as a position LT is rated higher then RG... especially when you have a franchise QB that throw right handed.. and Whitworth is good.. not average LT.. so yes resign Whitworth first... Zeitler we will see where the market goes. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:15 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is there really any debate?

Coaching changes = 0

Top FA player in Zeitler = not even considering being re-signed. (Before people scream Whit is the top FA, every list from NFL scouts, and NFL experts has Z rated much higher.)

Impact FA's brought in = 0

Pile up that $$$$$ and Comp picks.

Personally i will scream Whit is still the top FA, he is by far the better O-lineman right now and it is not even close.

LT is a more important position and....

Zeitler is great in pass protection but he is a terrible run blocker. Whit can do both very well.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 08:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I doubt he sees it like that. He probably sees a loaded draft class and his 11 draft picks and feels good about himself. Throw in a potentially sought after QB as trade bait...

Hopefully making Marvin coach out a contract year gets these guys to lose a little bit of complacency and they put some pressure on the front office to be aggressive with their giant bag of money and all these draft picks. But Mike Brown probably thinks he is sitting pretty and will just let the draft come to him then root around the garbage pile of free agents. 

You know, every time somebody lays out the facts like this, I die a little being hit with our stark reality.  Most of the historical facts about our franchise are just depressing as hell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: , sure Zeitler is rated higher as a player but as a position LT is rated higher then RG... especially when you have a franchise QB that throw right handed.. and Whitworth is good.. not average LT.. so yes resign Whitworth first... Zeitler we will see where the market goes. 

(03-07-2017, 02:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Personally i will scream Whit is still the top FA, he is by far the better O-lineman right now and it is not even close.

LT is a more important position and....

Zeitler is great in pass protection but he is a terrible run blocker. Whit can do both very well.

The issue really isn't who is better than who, it really is irrelevant. I'm not saying sign Zeitler not Whit, I'm saying stop being a cheap ass organization and sign both of them. There is more than enough cap space to get them both locked up, yet....the team is going to sit on it's hands and let a former 1st round pick who has gotten better each year walk away.

The damn steelers locked up their Guard, then locked up their #1 WR oh and franchise tagged their RB, yet Mike Brown can't do basic ***** math and realize there is enough cap space for all 3 of the big name FA's.

It's just plain dumb. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All the FA's will walk IMO. That's what you do during a rebuild. It will be a few years before the Bengals go to the playoffs again.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Tuesday begins the 2 week vacay for the front office. They put a post it on the front door written in crayon "BBL"
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 10:15 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The issue really isn't who is better than who, it really is irrelevant. I'm not saying sign Zeitler not Whit, I'm saying stop being a cheap ass organization and sign both of them. There is more than enough cap space to get them both locked up, yet....the team is going to sit on it's hands and let a former 1st round pick who has gotten better each year walk away.

The damn steelers locked up their Guard, then locked up their #1 WR oh and franchise tagged their RB, yet Mike Brown can't do basic ***** math and realize there is enough cap space for all 3 of the big name FA's.

It's just plain dumb. 

Cannot disagree with any of this Murdock. So true.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 10:15 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The issue really isn't who is better than who, it really is irrelevant. I'm not saying sign Zeitler not Whit, I'm saying stop being a cheap ass organization and sign both of them. There is more than enough cap space to get them both locked up, yet....the team is going to sit on it's hands and let a former 1st round pick who has gotten better each year walk away.

It's just plain dumb. 

Calling the philosophy dumb is an insult to dumbness.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote