Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UeyV6qGcK8&t=78s

I came to the same conclusion a few years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
These are definitely words...not sure they form a coherent thought though.  I mean she said woke twice.

Quote:I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism, actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms, are hostile to people of faith & spirituality, demonize the police & protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans, believe in open borders, weaponize the national security state to go after political opponents, and above all, dragging us ever closer to nuclear war.

I believe in a government that is of, by, and for the people. Unfortunately, today’s Democratic Party does not. Instead, it stands for a government of, by, and for the powerful elite. I’m calling on my fellow common sense independent-minded Democrats to join me in leaving the Democratic Party. If you can no longer stomach the direction that so-called woke Democratic Party ideologues are taking our country, I invite you to join me.

Not that she was really much of a Democrat to begin with, but when she runs as DeSantis' VP choice maybe she'll have better words and thought.  

That whole "what about the white people" bit will get her a bunch of support too.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 09:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: These are definitely words...not sure they form a coherent thought though.  I mean she said woke twice.

Not that she was really much of a Democrat to begin with, but when she runs as DeSantis' VP choice maybe she'll have better words and thought.  

That whole "what about the white people" bit will get her a bunch of support too.

Fox darling has got Tucker's vote for sure.

Right now it looks like the only way to get our country back is to exempt Republican party leaders from rule of law and suppress the vote.

That's what government of, by and for the (straight) white Christian people means. Stop the Replacement!

A DeSantis Gabbard ticket would be good news for Putin, Orban, MBS and Meloni. 

Rather than risk nuclear war by resisting naked aggression of nuclear dictatorships, we could insure our safety by supporting the aggressor in such cases. 
Reply/Quote
The problem I see with all of this is that there are at least two versions of "woke" out there. There is the version that does, quite frankly, do their best to try to one-up everyone on how "with it" they are with regards to identity politics. However, as with many valid criticisms of some of the extreme parts of an ideology it has been shifted to be used any time there is an effort to address issues of equity. Public policy should 100% be looking to address equity amongst our people, and branding that in some derogatory way is asinine. That is what is being denounced most often by right-wing punditry and anyone who things that these things are somehow bad can quite frankly **** off. Equitable treatment under the law is an inalienable right according to our Constitution and if you think that is a problem then I'm happy to show you the door, whether it be to a political party or the country as a whole.

And then, of course, some of her points are just outright lies. So, there is that as well. **** her and the horse she rode in on. I'm happy to see her finally acknowledge what everyone else already knew.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
It's because of Russia.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Just one more example of how American politicians are probably the most unprincipled and opportunistic bunch there is.

Just believing in the game. Try to get support, get your name out there, rise up, gain more influence, more important people, more money to spend on the career. Nothing one says on that path matters or has weight. Party change, why not, just hand her the latest soundbits out of the spectrum and roll with it. Warmongering and dragging the country in a nuclear confrontation is creative since it's more what a Russian bot would bring up, wonder why she left out blaming NATO for the Ukraine war, but that might follow. Russian narratives, why not. The rest is boring, for the elites instead of for the people (elites need things like universal healthcare apparently), open borders, demonizing police (in contrast to the Republican Capitol storm deniers that call FBI and law enforcement bought and corrupt and anti-Trump? OK), hostile to people of faith... a bunch of BS that just plays well.

The only thing I wonder is why anyone cares about this person. It's probably because of her good looks. Don't know what else it could be really.
Reply/Quote
Never heard of him.
Reply/Quote
Loudmouthed opportunist turning from D to R to rake in the culture war BS and cult mentality?  It's an effective move, but the novelty is damn near 50 years old.

I guess in fairness everyone of note has to be a loudmouth these days. 
Reply/Quote
If she believed what she was saying, she'd move left of the democrats, not right.

But you know.

Grifters gonna grift.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 01:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: Just one more example of how American politicians are probably the most unprincipled and opportunistic bunch there is.

Just believing in the game. Try to get support, get your name out there, rise up, gain more influence, more important people, more money to spend on the career. Nothing one says on that path matters or has weight. Party change, why not, just hand her the latest soundbits out of the spectrum and roll with it. Warmongering and dragging the country in a nuclear confrontation is creative since it's more what a Russian bot would bring up, wonder why she left out blaming NATO for the Ukraine war, but that might follow. Russian narratives, why not. The rest is boring, for the elites instead of for the people (elites need things like universal healthcare apparently), open borders, demonizing police (in contrast to the Republican Capitol storm deniers that call FBI and law enforcement bought and corrupt and anti-Trump? OK), hostile to people of faith... a bunch of BS that just plays well.

The only thing I wonder is why anyone cares about this person. It's probably because of her good looks. Don't know what else it could be really.

(10-11-2022, 01:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Loudmouthed opportunist turning from D to R to rake in the culture war BS and cult mentality?  It's an effective move, but the novelty is damn near 50 years old.

Yep.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 02:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.

That fits.

I find it sad that some people will set hope in her; as if she would not throw any principle or idea away in a second if she thought it would advance her career. Loyal only to her own ambitions and nothing else.

This whole "democrats are hostile to the Christian faith" line alone is such apparent BS, no person going with this should ever be taken seriously on anything. Sorry to bring this up once more, it's just so false, so incredibly cheap in its incitement, it's amazing really - as is how typical it just is.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 09:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: These are definitely words...not sure they form a coherent thought though.  I mean she said woke twice.

She said two different versions of a word in separate paragraphs, and that means that her thought is incoherent?

Hmm
(10-11-2022, 01:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: Just one more example of how American politicians are probably the most unprincipled and opportunistic bunch there is.

Her name's already out there. She was a candidate for President. 

She's NOT catering to the masses or the crazy direction that the left is going, and you think she has no principle and is just trying to advance her career?

You'll have to explain that one because that's backwards logic.
(10-11-2022, 01:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Loudmouthed opportunist turning from D to R to rake in the culture war BS and cult mentality?  It's an effective move, but the novelty is damn near 50 years old.

Hilarious

If she were trying to take in the cult mentality and culture BS, she'd be switching from Republican to Democrat!

Republicans are the conservative party that believes in protecting the borders and a strong America that prevents a nuclear war, and you're saying she's an opportunist? 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 03:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: She said two different versions of a word in separate paragraphs, and that means that her thought is incoherent?

Hmm

She's NOT catering to the masses or the crazy direction that the left is going, and you think she has no principle and is just trying to advance her career?

Hilarious

If she were trying to take in the cult mentality and culture BS, she'd be switching from Republican to Democrat!

Republicans are the conservative party that believes in protecting the borders and a strong America that prevents a nuclear war, and you're saying she's an opportunist? 

Hilarious

That's what Republicans say they believe in but the reality is they do nothing to actually solve or deal with these issues long-term.  Their only border plan is a wall...that is breached daily.  Most of their campaigns focus on made-up culture wars designed to further marginalize vulnerable populations and to push them out of the political process.

If you asked most Democrats about Tulsi, they would tell you she wasn't one which is one of the reasons she did so poorly in the 2020 Presidential race.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 03:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: She said two different versions of a word in separate paragraphs, and that means that her thought is incoherent?

Hmm

Hilarious

Hilarious

Have you ever read Catch-22?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 05:03 PM)pally Wrote: That's what Republicans say they believe in but the reality is they do nothing to actually solve or deal with these issues long-term.  Their only border plan is a wall...that is breached daily.  Most of their campaigns focus on made-up culture wars designed to further marginalize vulnerable populations and to push them out of the political process.

If you asked most Democrats about Tulsi, they would tell you she wasn't one which is one of the reasons she did so poorly in the 2020 Presidential race.

The border wall was at least trying and it would have been completed and preventing a lot more illegal immigrants from entering the country if the Dems hadn’t stopped the construction.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 03:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If she were trying to take in the cult mentality and culture BS, she'd be switching from Republican to Democrat!

Hilarious

Well, I take her opportunism to be demonstrated by the juxtaposition of Dino's clip.

When she was a Dem it was the Trump led Republicans who were war mongers.

Now that she has changed parties, it's the Elite Dems who get us into war--by defending
the sovereignty of Ukraine. 

Yesterday Dems were modern day Chamberlains who let HitlerPutin take the Crimea.
Now they are warmongers for not letting him take the Ukraine. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 11:50 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The problem I see with all of this is that there are at least two versions of "woke" out there. There is the version that does, quite frankly, do their best to try to one-up everyone on how "with it" they are with regards to identity politics. However, as with many valid criticisms of some of the extreme parts of an ideology it has been shifted to be used any time there is an effort to address issues of equity. Public policy should 100% be looking to address equity amongst our people, and branding that in some derogatory way is asinine. That is what is being denounced most often by right-wing punditry and anyone who things that these things are somehow bad can quite frankly **** off. Equitable treatment under the law is an inalienable right according to our Constitution and if you think that is a problem then I'm happy to show you the door, whether it be to a political party or the country as a whole.

And then, of course, some of her points are just outright lies. So, there is that as well. **** her and the horse she rode in on. I'm happy to see her finally acknowledge what everyone else already knew.

An inalienable right for EVERYONE?  

There may be three versions of "woke," and one is ok for Repubs, the other not.

[Image: FeKnjD-WQAU15cz.jpg:large]
Reply/Quote
Does it matter?  Im not familiar with her policies but isn't every member of the GOP Just one disagreement with Trump away from being labeled a traitorous RINO?

If she's failed to kiss Trump's ass in the past her time as a welcomed "Republican" could be brief.

Look at mitch McConnell. The guy has been the ultimate GOP ally and solider for damn near 40 years and Trump and his cult want him out and replaced.  RINO!!!!
Reply/Quote

Today on Kilmeade (a Fox radio talk show) a Republican caller complained that NYC Dems are putting up "illegals" in hotels while they let Vets go homeless on the streets!  

--Two months after Repubs blocked the veterans pit burn bill. 

Reply/Quote
Such an obvious grifter. Definitely fits the mold of modern GOP politicians. Not shocking at all.
Reply/Quote