Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tulsi Gabbard: I’m leaving the Democratic Party
(10-21-2022, 06:56 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So you're both just gonna ignore the pedophilia comments and all that huh?

Something something correct something something truthful something something. 

My apologies, I must have missed the pedo comments.  Can you direct me to them, please?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 07:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: My apologies, I must have missed the pedo comments.  Can you direct me to them, please?

3 above your comment about being right instead of correct.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 07:59 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: 3 above your comment about being right instead of correct.

A link would have preferable, but thanks.  So I watched the entire clip, which I'm sure wasn't selected out of context to try and prove a point at all.  Nowhere in the entire clip is it stated that the LGBTQ community is promoting pedophilia.  In short, I don't think that clip says what you think it does, nor does it promote, or denigrate, who you think it does.  Unless I'm misunderstanding your position here, in which case I would apologize and request further clarification.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 05:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Love when members here only use part of the discussion like her appearance at CPAC.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/24/tulsi-gabbard-cpac-message-00011694

You won't mention this by the way.

"But Gabbard has also been in alignment with her party on issues that rankle the right, such as Medicare for all, free community college, gun control and climate change."

Her message at CPAC...

Gabbard's message to CPAC: Can't we all just get along?
The 2020 Democratic presidential hopeful will make a plea for unity at the conference for GOP activists.

This is why I am an Independent and not a R or a D.

So her "message" was can't we all just get along and then she uses the right wing talking point that we have a "State controlled media" that isn't any different that Russia?

And that Biden is like Hitler?

'k.

As to whatever she was in agreement with she clearly no longer is in agreement with a lot of stuff she once once since going "independent".  The proof is in the pudding.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 08:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A link would have preferable, but thanks.  So I watched the entire clip, which I'm sure wasn't selected out of context to try and prove a point at all.  Nowhere in the entire clip is it stated that the LGBTQ community is promoting pedophilia.  In short, I don't think that clip says what you think it does, nor does it promote, or denigrate, who you think it does.  Unless I'm misunderstanding your position here, in which case I would apologize and request further clarification.

I have a link with a transcript at the end even.

To me, it actually really kind of reads like she claims there's a normalization of pedophilia and that it's promoted by leftist zealots, that intentionally and methodically sexualize children. Transgenders in schools being an example of that.

What to make of it, I will not comment on that for once. I have my impression.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 04:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: You said find one.  I did.  

Not that one. A different one.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 05:05 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, she left the party that recently like a couple of days ago changed issue. She always felt the way about marijuana convictions, not like the Vice President that as Attorney General was locking them up, but then laughed about it on a radio station. That my friend is hypocritical. 

If gabard were ag, would she not lock them up?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 05:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Love when members here only use part of the discussion like her appearance at CPAC.

You won't mention this by the way.

"But Gabbard has also been in alignment with her party on issues that rankle the right, such as Medicare for all, free community college, gun control and climate change."

Isn’t the point now that whatever was Gabbard’s “truth” in the past,
It is no longer a guide to her “truth” today or tomorrow?

I’m eager to hear what she has to say about free community college, gun control, and climate change while onstage with election deniers.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 01:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except current events are proving Trump correct and the article's assertion incorrect.  But we get it, you literally cannot concede a point, ever.

In this thread Professor Dill explains how when Trump warned about being reliant on Russian energy he wasn't warning countries about being reliant on Russian energy.  Don't ever wonder why shows like Tucker Carlson and Joy Reid exist, there are numerous people who literally cannot stand to here anything that shakes their world view.  

I think professor dill said Trump was repeating what most everyone was saying about German energy dependence. Most everyone was correct.

That’s not “refusing to concede” Tump was “correct.” Just refusing to spin this as geopolitical acumen and backbone vis a vis the other “genius.”

Speaking of genius and shaking world views, did Tulsi gabbard say that the raid on mar a lago “changed the nation” because it showed Biden has weaponized the DoJ to go after political opponents and it was a message from the FBI—you can’t disagree with us!

Are current events proving her correct? Dill thinks not.
Reply/Quote
Any time Montel William’s former side piece opens her mouth it sounds like she got called up to the front of the class to give a book report on something she never even picked up and read the back cover of.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 05:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: He's been in congress for 18 years.

Unless you have some kind of direct knowledge that he's been ignored I'd say you're just not acknowledging that there is at least one like you asked for.

And that was in response to a broad brush statement about the Democrats not allowing anyone in who opposed abortions.

All of that said, this was a thread about Gabbard.

He is being ignored in regard to the Open Border Immigration problem. 
He is asking the Biden Administration to do something. 
He is constantly going on Fox news complaining. 
He is being ignored because he has no clout, it doesn't matter how many years he has served.   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 06:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Any time Montel William’s former side piece opens her mouth it sounds like she got called up to the front of the class to give a book report on something she never even picked up and read the back cover of.

I don't think that kind of labeling of her is helpful to the point you're trying to make.  There's a concerted effort to label any criticism about her either misogynist or racist and referring to her in that manner only provides that disingenuous tactic more ammunition.  It's completely correct to point out that her boyfriend hooked her up, big time, to start her career.  But her relationship with Williams has nothing to do with that.

I completely agree with your assessment of her public speaking ability.  She comes off as unprepared and ignorant, hence the constant word salads she serves up.  I have a very hard time understanding how anyone could view these speeches and come away with a judgment of her that is anything but negative.  But, I'll reiterate, do your argument the favor of not couching it in terms that those disingenuous types will leap on like hyenas on a fresh kill.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: So her "message" was can't we all just get along and then she uses the right wing talking point that we have a "State controlled media" that isn't any different that Russia?

And that Biden is like Hitler?

'k.

As to whatever she was in agreement with she clearly no longer is in agreement with a lot of stuff she once once since going "independent".  The proof is in the pudding.

I seriously doubt that she said Biden is like Hitler.
Those are your words you put in her mouth. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 06:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I seriously doubt that she said Biden is like Hitler.
Those are your words you put in her mouth. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/oct/18/tulsi-gabbard-compares-joe-biden-to-hitler-while-s/
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 07:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/oct/18/tulsi-gabbard-compares-joe-biden-to-hitler-while-s/

It's not Fox News; therefor it's a lie.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 07:36 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's not Fox News; therefor it's a lie.

I specifically chose the Washington Times because it is as much of a right-wing news source as Fox News.

In fact, this is all over right-wing media. They're loving it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 07:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/oct/18/tulsi-gabbard-compares-joe-biden-to-hitler-while-s/

To be fair, Bel, comparing people to Hitler has rather become a fashionable position within the past six or so years.  I've made my extreme distaste for such declarations known in the past, multiple times, and continue to do so.  But certain people here seem to think such comparisons are not only warranted but necessary.  I'm sure those same people will have zero issues with this comparison as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 06:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think that kind of labeling of her is helpful to the point you're trying to make.  There's a concerted effort to label any criticism about her either misogynist or racist and referring to her in that manner only provides that disingenuous tactic more ammunition.  It's completely correct to point out that her boyfriend hooked her up, big time, to start her career.  But her relationship with Williams has nothing to do with that.

I completely agree with your assessment of her public speaking ability.  She comes off as unprepared and ignorant, hence the constant word salads she serves up.  I have a very hard time understanding how anyone could view these speeches and come away with a judgment of her that is anything but negative.  But, I'll reiterate, do your argument the favor of not couching it in terms that those disingenuous types will leap on like hyenas on a fresh kill.

Eh, the argument and answer is pretty clear to anyone who can see their own hand in front of their face. I’ll fire spitballs from the back of the class.
Reply/Quote
Well, that didn't take long...

"mutilation" Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Normally, I shy away from political topics. Last week at the homecoming parade, I was dismayed by the number of political floats there were and it was all Democrats. A woman tried to give me a flyer for some Dem congressperson running in Illinois, but I purposely shook my head and gave a look like she was trying to hand me poop on a stick.
Reply/Quote