Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Excellent! And they are moving him to WR!!!
Reply/Quote
Very crowded DT room
A better than average player is going to get cut this year
Reply/Quote
Good move, Tupou really improved last season.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 03:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

What choice did he have other to retire?

He was tendered.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good move, Tupou really improved last season.

Yes, he did develop nicely last season.  Enough so to warrant $2.1M?  We'll find out, as that equates to $77,777/tackle for his efforts last season.  Seriously though, I'm comfortable with him backing up DJ Reader.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Decent player will only make the rotation better/fresher.
Reply/Quote
We need depth, if he provides it great.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, he did develop nicely last season.  Enough so to warrant $2.1M?  We'll find out, as that equates to $77,777/tackle for his efforts last season.  Seriously though, I'm comfortable with him backing up DJ Reader.

I am liking them 7's. Tupou might be my sleeper now with those 7's lol
Reply/Quote
I'd be surprise if he makes in thru camp honestly. IMO just not very good.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 01:06 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd be surprise if he makes in thru camp honestly. IMO just not very good.

Completely disagree. He played well last season. Graded out at 73.8 on PFF. That’s a starters grade.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 01:06 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd be surprise if he makes in thru camp honestly. IMO just not very good.

I joke about his production numbers, but the man requires a double team.  Else, his numbers would likely have been double for the number of snaps that he played.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Sorry, SW, but he's a very good player.

There's a reason why he was kept over Billings...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

SMH....
Reply/Quote
His presence in the rotation allows them for some looks with Reader at 3-4 end or with both of them and Geno on GL sets. This was an obvious but good move.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:35 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, SW, but he's a very good player.

This.  He outworked and outperformed.  No longer do the higher draft picks stay and play.  Tupou deserved this and I am thrilled he will be out there.  "Keeping guys fresh" isn't to be taken lightly.  One of the best Bengal defenses of late had a really solid rotation of Fanane, Rucker, Johnson, Odom, and Geathers at DE with Tank Johnson, Pat Sims, and Peko in the middle.  Fanane, Rucker, Johnson, and Geathers all had the ability to kick inside and rush the passer.  The next year, they added Geno.  

This rotation could pay massive dividends.  
Reply/Quote
We shall see guys. If I'm wrong, drinks on me for the board, next time we all meet up...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:35 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, SW, but he's a very good player.

Sure says a lot to me...
Reply/Quote
Or...

Dunlap - Reader - Tupou - Geno/Hubbard up front

Pratt - Wilson - ADG at LB

Waynes - Bates - Bell - Alexander in the secondary...

Kind of a riff on the 2000 Rats defensive alignment.
Reply/Quote