Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tupou close to coming back
I wonder what the numbers will be after Hill and Larry O got huge deals...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Hmm, I conflicted here. Like his play and want him back, but hope it’s not more then $2-3 mil. Still have bigger holes to fill and we brought BJ back so I’d now be fine with our other DL and a rookie rotating with BJ. Guess I’ll wait and see the numbers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Tupou, but only as a NT.
He doesn't offer much pass rush.
Bengals still need a nickel DT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder what the numbers will be after Hill and Larry O got huge deals...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm glad Tupou is coming back.  Had him in the 7th in a bunch of mocks I did the year he came out.  Dude is nothing flashy, just a meat and potatoes run stuffer, but he gets the job done.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:32 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Hmm, I conflicted here. Like his play and want him back, but hope it’s not more then $2-3 mil. Still have bigger holes to fill and we brought BJ back so I’d now be fine with  our other DL and a rookie rotating with BJ. Guess I’ll wait and see the numbers.

Josh rotates with Reader. We need him back until Shelvin hits his stride.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Josh rotates with Reader. We need him back until Shelvin hits his stride.

Exactly
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Josh rotates with Reader. We need him back until Shelvin hits his stride.

For this reason, I have a hunch he's just an insurance policy: give him little guaranteed money, go through camp and see how he and Shelvin are performing. If Shelvin is indeed hitting his stride and outplaying Tupou, he can be cut and PS'd, being called up if someone gets hurt.

Again, just a hunch, but that's how I'd do it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Watch the contract be like $6 million per year or something crazy.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Tupou, but only as a NT.

If Ossai returns 100% I can see Hendrickson or Hubbard being our nickle DT. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
While I like Tupou better at NT than at 3T, he has played both. He gives us a functional DT rotation alingside Reader & Hill. Shelvin continues to occupy (waste) the other spot. If he does not improve this year, he should be gone.

Hubbard, (and Cam Sample, & Kareem if they make the roster) can come inside
on passing downs or even play some DT in 5 man fronts.

I would expect 1 spot to be open for a draft pick (early or late) or a cheap vet (Daniels, etc).
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Ossai returns 100% I can see Hendrickson or Hubbard being our nickle DT. 

Maybe that ends up being the plan, or Cam Sample as the nickel DT.
Some thought he would be a better pass rusher inside anyway.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I like Tupou, but only as a NT.

Same, hope we bring in a RT and draft a nickel DT. Great draft for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Ossai returns 100% I can see Hendrickson or Hubbard being our nickle DT. 

This makes sense for Hubbard and would be a good spot for him.
However they would be dumb to move a great edge rusher inside on passing downs. Hendricksons game is getting outside pressure and beating the tackle one on one not splitting double teams or trying to run over guards.
Reply/Quote
My guess is 2yr 5m per. Which is reasonable.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 03:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This makes sense for Hubbard and would be a good spot for him.
However they would be dumb to move a great edge rusher inside on passing downs. Hendricksons game is getting outside pressure and beating the tackle one on one not splitting double teams or trying to run over guards.

It would be for him, but for the team I think he needs to stay at Left end to be the anvil Hendrickson hammers the QB into. Let Sample rush from the inside.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for it. I like the big fella. Pretty good run stopper and solid rotational guy for Reader, until we have confidence in Sheldon. Should come at a reasonable price.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote

Hope that's soon.

Reply/Quote

But Shelvin is all set to take the NFL by storm returning punts and kicks!
Reply/Quote
Don't like this move at all. We need pass rushers desperately not nose Tackles. We have to give Sheldon a chance to prove himself as a player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder what the numbers will be after Hill and Larry O got huge deals...

Would be another solid signing to provide depth behind Reader with Shelvin the only other NT on the roster, and Tupou can provide some pass rush flexibility.  I like him.  Hoping Sample makes a big jump and provides some pressure from 3T on pure pass-rushing downs and they draft a stud 3T as well.  Draft is pretty loaded at the position.  
Reply/Quote