Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn the clock back. Nov 16 2003
Watching the Bengals beat the 5 and 1 Ravens
By 24 in B-more to take 1st place I think
Evoked a emotion in some Bengals fans, not felt in awhile

Go back to Nov.16 2003. The Chiefs 9 and 0
Are visiting PBS. The 4-5 Bengals year 1 Marvin Lewis

The Chiefs are the best team in the league record wise.
The Bengals are trending up but young overall.
Chad Johnson promises a win. Everyone is laughing but Chad

You guys know the story. Rudi Johnson outrushes Priest Holmes
165 to 63.
Peter Warrick has his best game ever as a Bengal. 6 114 and 77 yd TD catch
Bring the house down TD catch.then does what he did best at FSU
A big time 64 yd punt return for 6.

But after that game people felt things were changing in Cincy
Much like aftercthe Ravens loss last week.
Which game to you resonates more....?
Reply/Quote
That KC game was amazing. I remember how electric the air was at kickoff. It was all smoky from the opening. Something felt different that day when the game started. I still clearly remember watching that one. It wasn't just Chad guaranteeing the win, it felt like it would happen from the start. I didn't feel that same way going in the game this past weekend (I also didn't get to watch it until 3 days later). But the fanbase energy after both was/is definitely awesome!

I also remember how often PDub liked to run the wrong direction after catching punts, trying to open the field. And it didn't always work out so well for him, but he had a hell of a game that day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Clock turned...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:48 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Clock turned...

Marvin looks like he could've been a player and we had the good uniforms as well.  That was a great game! ThumbsUp
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
So . . in 2003 BEFORE the Chiefs game, Bengals were 4-5.

AFTER the game they went 3-3 to finish 8-8!

The ONLY point I see here is, wait and see what happens this year, because, based on that Chiefs game, and that season end result, there wasn't much to celebrate, even though it wasn't the 90s anymore, and the 2003 players were surely different and not 'stuck in the 90s Bungles era' like the Dalton era, and more importantly, this 2021 team?

Those that got all 'glowing'  AFTER the Chiefs game, were disappointed . . . AGAIN!!

So BASED on that comparison . . there's a good chance we will be disappointed again??

I say, "Change the history AND the franchise 2021 Bengals!! Talk is cheap and easy!!  We're tired of having to say, 'Next year is the year!!'"
Reply/Quote
I was in Texas during that game.. I had just left my sisters house because I got tired of listening to her screeching voice..With nowhere else to go I went to a homeless shelter. Everyone there thought the Bengals were dead before the game started except me. Nobody believed me when I said they'd win. I wasn't sure they would either, but I damned sure wasn't going to let on that I was a bit worried..  After that game all the people I knew in the Dallas area had to joke about the Cowpokes and how the Bengals made them look really bad in comparison..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

A guy at work wanted to take his son, a Chiefs fan, to the game and he knew I had season tickets.  So, he stops by one day and asks if my tickets were for sale.  He made a good offer, and since I hadn't yet lined anyone else up to go, and figured the Bengals we're going to get trucked anyway, I sold him the tickets.  The regret has faded now, but I was pissed at myself at the time, watching it at home on the couch when I could have witnessed it in person.  

Good seeing Kevin Kaesviharn again, always liked his play.  Johnnie Morton, too, was a fan from his Lions' days.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
That game was awesome but the Baltimore game feels a lot better to me. I never thought we would win a championship after beating the Chiefs but after beating Baltimore I think we can!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Just watched it...

HOLY CRAP did the refs try to GIVE that game to KC... missed fumble AND a missed touchback in the 4th quarter!
Reply/Quote
I became a fan in 1993, so keep that in mind, but my 2 games I will always remember are the one against KC and the 27-9 upset of the Steelers in 1994, with Blake and Pickens.

The KC game was so memorable that I can tell you where I was at (Barleycorns in Fort Mitchell) and what I was eating (hot wings and stuffed mushrooms). After all those years of losing, it really felt like we were on the verge of something special.

Of course, all that really meant was that we didn't suck anymore. This time, with Burrow and Chase? This team has a chance to contend for championships.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This was the first Bengals game I had ever gone to. I was 23, but had never really cared about football. My dad had just randomly over that summer asked if we (my brothers and I) wanted to go to a game and he just randomly picked this game.

I became a fan during the game. We had great seats and the atmosphere blew me away. I do wonder, though, if I'd have become a fan if KC blew them out....
Reply/Quote