Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Turnovers
Not counting the last Browns game (for obvious reasons), the Bengals are 0-5 when turning the ball over 2+ times and 10-1 when turning it over 1 time or less.

Pretty stark contrast there. We are utterly dominant as long as we protect the football.

Btw, the only loss was to the Jets, which makes that game even stranger.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, the only loss was to the Jets, which makes that game even stranger.

That was a bad day and yet still scored 31 points - enough to win most games.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Turnovers are key no question. Didn't get a turnover the last time we played the Chiefs if I am not mistaken.

Could be due.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not counting the last Browns game (for obvious reasons), the Bengals are 0-5 when turning the ball over 2+ times and 10-1 when turning it over 1 time or less.

Pretty stark contrast there. We are utterly dominant as long as we protect the football.

Btw, the only loss was to the Jets, which makes that game even stranger.

This correlation is strong for every team at every level. Congratulations on creating yet another worthless thread. 
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:44 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: This correlation is strong for every team at every level. Congratulations on creating yet another worthless thread. 

Hostile much?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's an interesting way to make your 28th post ever on a forum.

Anyway, Shake n' Bake has it right. As important as turnovers always are, I think that is drastically amplified against the Chiefs. Slowing them down is going to be hard enough without giving them extra opportunities.
Reply/Quote
We could have had a couple for us too. Apple dropped one and Hilton another. I think Hilton's could have been a pick six too.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:44 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: This correlation is strong for every team at every level. Congratulations on creating yet another worthless thread. 

Congrats on a worthless comment.
Reply/Quote

Yeah obviously there's a correlation between turnovers and wins, 28 posts guy.

But the difference between 0-5 and 10-1 is extreme. Teams do win games turning it over 2 times. They also lose lots of games turning it over once. The point of the thread (which flew over your head apparently), is that this team is dominating when not turning it over.

Not every team has a .909 win % when turning it over 1 time or less. Get it?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not every team has a .909 win % when turning it over 1 time or less. Get it?

You're really asking a lot of him here, man. Go easy on the pup.
Reply/Quote
We turned it over last week, only one, yes. However, I think it's imperative that we get at least two of them ourselves.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

WTFLameFacepalm
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:29 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We turned it over last week, only one, yes. However, I think it's imperative that we get at least two of them ourselves.

They've only turned it over 2 times in 3 playoff games in the Mahomes era.

vs Steelers this year (W)
Bucs Super Bowl (L)
49ers Super Bowl (W)

Only the Bucs were +2 in the turnover category.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:08 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: We could have had a couple for us too. Apple dropped one and Hilton another. I think Hilton's could have been a pick six too.

Yeah, if there was an off season emphasis or two it would be tackling technique (including working on arm/ grip strength) and defensive players working extensively on the jugs machine - and any other set of drills that gets them better at holding on to the ball.

The guy who really has the tackling technique down pat is Logan Wilson.  Classic tackling technique
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 03:37 PM)Interceptor Wrote: That was a bad day and yet still scored 31 points - enough to win most games.

Defense decided to take the day off from tacking that day
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 04:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They've only turned it over 2 times in 3 playoff games in the Mahomes era.

vs Steelers this year (W)
Bucs Super Bowl (L)
49ers Super Bowl (W)

Only the Bucs were +2 in the turnover category.

Let's be the Bucs. Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 05:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Let's be the Bucs. Cool

Hey, maybe we will. I believe in this defense. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hey, maybe we will. I believe in this defense. ThumbsUp

A buncha dudes that play together and fly to the ball. When you do that, good things can happen.

Reply/Quote
Need to not drop interceptions. Eli Apple and Hilton dropped 2 picks in week 17 against KC

Gotta catch em
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 05:20 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Need to not drop interceptions. Eli Apple and Hilton dropped 2 picks in week 17 against KC

Gotta catch em

Dropped interceptions can help.....

Other teams have dropped a few they should have had too
Reply/Quote