Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turnovers will determine the game
We've turned the ball over 21 times this season. 16 of those came in our 6 losses (not counting the 2nd Cleveland game...didn't even look at it). When we take care of the ball, we win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We also have not had a turnover since the San Francisco game. So five straight games no turnovers and Burrow six straight games no INTs.
Reply/Quote
An errant whistle could also determine the game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The most points scored by a given team will determine the game.

Bet on it.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals could see a big advantage if the Titans remain determined to run the ball on early downs, which they really showed a habit of doing when Henry was still healthy. This is where the run defense will be paramount, if they can force negative plays when Tennessee wants to put the ball on the ground. The Titans have a strong pass defense but I feel confident that this offense can throw the ball on nearly anybody. Play their run fits and keep the ball in Burrow's hands and we could walk away happy campers this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The Bengals could see a big advantage if the Titans remain determined to run the ball on early downs, which they really showed a habit of doing when Henry was still healthy. This is where the run defense will be paramount, if they can force negative plays when Tennessee wants to put the ball on the ground. The Titans have a strong pass defense but I feel confident that this offense can throw the ball on nearly anybody. Play their run fits and keep the ball in Burrow's hands and we could walk away happy campers this weekend.

Yes sir Mr Goose. These are the keys, slow down the run and win TOP while getting into the Endzone on Offense.

Tannehill can force the ball, has 14 INTS.
Reply/Quote
Tennessee is our most winnable game, imo, among our remaining opponents/possible opponents.
Reply/Quote
Despite a solid team and the #1 seed, it's interesting so many feel confident about beating the Titans. Maybe it's because there's been less media hype. Maybe it's because the matchup actually looks favorable with their pass D and our D vs Tannehill. But I'm also on the same page that if the Bengals can protect the ball and get even one turnover on D/ST, this could be decided on that factor alone. Tennessee has played well and I think it could be something as simple as one play that determines the final outcome.

My bigger question is whether 2022 being the Chinese Year of the Tiger matters more for the SB being in 2022, or for the team's primary season being in 2022?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:05 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Despite a solid team and the #1 seed, it's interesting so many feel confident about beating the Titans. Maybe it's because there's been less media hype.  Maybe it's because the matchup actually looks favorable with their pass D and our D vs Tannehill.  But I'm also on the same page that if the Bengals can protect the ball and get even one turnover on D/ST, this could be decided on that factor alone.  Tennessee has played well and I think it could be something as simple as one play that determines the final outcome.  

My bigger question is whether 2022 being the Chinese Year of the Tiger matters more for the SB being in 2022, or for the team's primary season being in 2022?

Yes, the Titans are very solid as long as they have a very good running game and don't turn the ball over.

Last season we also beat them with our terrible squad, think this gives everyone a lot of confidence. We match up well and even
better with the improvements we have made to both lines. Tannehill can beat you with his legs, have to minimize this big time.
Reply/Quote
Turnovers is indeed the big thing. But I’ve been saying this for the last several games. Big Time Players in Big Time Games must make Big Time Plays. The Chases, Burrows, Henry’s, Tannehill’s, Higgins, etc. KC had plenty of Big Time players but ours played better. Made more big plays. I like our big time players to be the difference
Reply/Quote