Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Amazing Stats About Dalton
- Dalton is 1 pass TD away away from his season total last year.
- he posted a 2.0 rating in the prime-time Browns game last year. This year? 139.8.
- he's on pace for 40 total TD's and only 8 INT's
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:03 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Also, only Brady and Rodgers have won more games since 2011.

You're right.

Looked up Peyton's wins. He has 45 to Dalton's 48 since 2011.

Granted, Peyton missed 2011. But still.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - he's on pace for 40 total TD's and only 8 INT
Wow.

I'd love to see a stat on how many QB's have thrown for 40 or more TD's, while throwing less than 10 picks.  I'm guessing it's less than 5.  Total.  Ever.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:22 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Wow.

I'd love to see a stat on how many QB's have thrown for 40 or more TD's, while throwing less than 10 picks.  I'm guessing it's less than 5.  Total.  Ever.

Only 11 times has a QB thrown 40 or more TD passes. Only 8 players have done so.

Aaron Rodgers in 2011 and Tom Brady in 2007 have done it by throwing less than 10 INTs. Only two players in NFL history.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:22 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Wow.

2002- Pennington/Johnson 22/6
2003- McNair 24/7
2004- McNabb 31/8 (manning 49/10)
2005- Hasselbeck 24/9 (manning 28/10, palmer 32/12)
2006- Manning 31/9
2007- Brady 50/8
2008- Pennington 19/7 (rivers 34/11)
2009- Favre 33/7
2010- Brady 36/4
2011- Rodgers 45/6
2012- Rodgers 39/8
2013- Foles 27/2 (manning 55/10)
2014- Rodgers 38/5
2015- Brady 20/1 (7 games)

2 times since 2002.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 2002- Pennington/Johnson 22/6
2003- McNair 24/7
2004- McNabb 31/8 (manning 49/10)
2005- Hasselbeck 24/9 (manning 28/10, palmer 32/12)
2006- Manning 31/9
2007- Brady 50/8
2008- Pennington 19/7 (rivers 34/11)
2009- Favre 33/7
2010- Brady 36/4
2011- Rodgers 45/6
2012- Rodgers 39/8
2013- Foles 27/2 (manning 55/10)
2014- Rodgers 38/5
2015- Brady 20/1 (7 games)

2 times since 2002.

And they're the only 2 ever.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:01 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And they're the only 2 ever.

Yup. Manning with 2 near misses and i was surprised to see that 40+ tds has only happened 11 times. 

[Image: forty%20plus_zpsmntxnkhg.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I doubt anyone will boo Andy at a softball game next summer and if they do they should be shot on sight .. Well, maybe not shot, but certainly booed out of the venue.
I realized Andy was a pretty good QB awhile back. We've been in the playoffs every year Andy's been a Bengal. Even when Kap was making hay in SF Andy was quietly winning games for us and getting us to the playoffs year after year. Now Kap is the chump of the league and Andy hasn't looked back once.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The first season Andy was in Cincinnati, when he led a comeback against a then-good Titans team in Nashville and then went out to Seattle and soundly beat the Seahawks, I knew the Bengals had something special. Since then he has had way more great games than bad and I think last season was somewhat of a hangover after the Bengal's horrible loss against the Chargers after the 2013 season.

I have an Andy jersey and a Red Rifle t-shirt that my sister gave me on my birthday and I wear both with pride.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I believe it's 23. And that's the most of any QB in his first 5 seasons.

And there's still 4 games to go on the road (Cardinals, Browns, 49ers, Steelers)

We already played the Steelers away.  We're at Denver.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - he's on pace for 40 total TD's and only 8 INT's

People getting caught up in the 40 passing TD and under 10 INT conversation seemingly missed the word "total" in Shake's post. Andy is only (lolonly) on pace for 36 passing TDs.

That's not to say that he can't hit 40, I really think he can if they don't take their foot off the gas in a couple more blowouts this season. He'll have to average 2.75 passing TDs per game in the last 8 to hit 40 though, we'll see what happens. He averaged 2.25 per game through the first half. He pretty much has to throw about 3 TDs in almost every game going forward unless he happens to go off for 5+ in a game to require less in the others.

That would truly be an extremely impressive feat to accomplish. People bring up a lot of team records and other things with Andy that honestly just aren't that exciting, but this would be something that would go down as one of the best regular seasons a QB has had in NFL history. How amazing would that be to have it be our guy?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:00 AM)EatonFan Wrote: We already played the Steelers away.  We're at Denver.

My fault. I meant to put Denver. But you're right.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:14 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Andy Dalton is now 31-0-1 when the Bengals score 25+ points. The Bengals have never lost a game with Dalton when they score 25+ points. Never.

His red zone numbers for his career are 82 TDs and 5 interceptions.

That first stat is crazy, would have never guessed that.  Bottom line score points with our offense and we have no worries, lol.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:14 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Andy Dalton is now 31-0-1 when the Bengals score 25+ points. The Bengals have never lost a game with Dalton when they score 25+ points. Never.

His red zone numbers for his career are 82 TDs and 5 interceptions.

I've been a huge critic of Andy in the past but I have to admit he's doing a tremendous job running this offense this year.  But for some reason I cannot figure out why I am always feeling like with him at QB he is going to have a bad INT or fumble every play.  

I just cannot get comfortable with the idea of him being an elite QB.  With Carson, until the very end I thought as long as he was our QB we could win any game.   I thought him to be elite and he had to do a whole slew of things to make me think otherwise.  Now with Andy he's done some really good things this year yet I'm still not convinced.  I still feel like with Andy at QB we could lose any game because he could show up and have a game like he did last year's Thursday night game against the Browns.  

I've never wanted to see the guy fail but I'm still too afraid to believe he is the QB to win us a Championship.  Guess I'm just damaged.  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:30 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I've been a huge critic of Andy in the past but I have to admit he's doing a tremendous job running this offense this year.  But for some reason I cannot figure out why I am always feeling like with him at QB he is going to have a bad INT or fumble every play.  

I just cannot get comfortable with the idea of him being an elite QB.  With Carson, until the very end I thought as long as he was our QB we could win any game.   I thought him to be elite and he had to do a whole slew of things to make me think otherwise.  Now with Andy he's done some really good things this year yet I'm still not convinced.  I still feel like with Andy at QB we could lose any game because he could show up and have a game like he did last year's Thursday night game against the Browns.  

I've never wanted to see the guy fail but I'm still too afraid to believe he is the QB to win us a Championship.  Guess I'm just damaged.  

I never quite understood why so many people thought Carson could win the big game and Andy couldn't. Carson never showed up in the playoffs and even in big games he still struggled. Besides 05 and 09 he had a ton of turnovers in pivotal points of games.

Sure, Dalton has done the same and I think it may be because we've seen him throw in bad games. The most 100+ QB ratings games Dalton had in a season is six. This year he's already at six. Before this year he NEVER had a streak of 100+ QB rating of more than three games, he's done it with four in a row.

Dalton is proving himself, and it's okay to be skeptical. But I'm going to enjoy this ride because he's proving time and time again that he can put this team on his back and win big games.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:30 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I've been a huge critic of Andy in the past but I have to admit he's doing a tremendous job running this offense this year.  But for some reason I cannot figure out why I am always feeling like with him at QB he is going to have a bad INT or fumble every play.  

Probably listened to the media too much. They've been drilling it into people's heads for 4 years that Dalton has somehow held this team back and that he had a limited ceiling due to lack of physical skills. Completely ignoring that guys like Brady, Brees and Peyton aren't exactly gifted physically.

Also, I think Palmer just looked the part and had the draft status. As hard as it may be, people need to let go of preconceived notions and just see Dalton for what he is. He's always been solid and he's becoming a top guy at his position.

Fwiw, Dalton is actually one of the better QBs in the league at NOT fumbling the ball, and even though his INT% used to be a pinch high, it's actually lower than Palmer's. So your confidence in Palmer and doubt in Dalton is puzzling.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

With all the big games Carson won in his career here, I can understand why you would feel more confident with him behind center.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:35 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: When do people count rushing TDs in passing stats? 

when they talk about cam newton lol
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 03:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - Dalton is 1 pass TD away away from his season total last year.
- he posted a 2.0 rating in the prime-time Browns game last year. This year? 139.8.
- he's on pace for 40 total TD's and only 8 INT's

And just past palmer on the Bengals win list He already holds the club record for TDs would like to see him surpass that this year
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: when they talk about cam newton lol

Lol. Rep.

To be more specific, when there used to be Cam vs Andy debates. Then rush TD's were discussed. If we were talking positively about Dalton's rush numbers, then rush TD's were to be disregarded.
Reply/Quote