Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Bengals In The Top 20 Receivers Of 21st Century!
(03-11-2021, 03:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I cannot believe they have Reggie Wayne ahead of Marvin Harrison.

Harrison played in 21 less games and has 46 more TD's than Wayne.  And if you think it's a yardage thing, it's not.  Harrison has (slightly) more yards too (14,580 for Harrison vs. 14,345 for Wayne)

The only explanation I can come up with is that Harrison's spent his few first few years in the league in the 90's.  But that's a tough sell because so did Randy Moss and TO, who are both ranked accordingly.

My first thought seeing that list.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 02:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Footballville has the top 20 receivers of the 21st century, and while I don't know if I'd put Chad on here, it's nice to see that two Bengals made the list with him and AJ!

[Image: 158417454_4140194396011037_5267733095699...e=6070653A]

Picture switching Dalton and Palmer and ask if Chad even makes this list if he has Dalton throwing him the ball.  How much higher would AJ be if he had Palmer throwing him the ball?  #4 maybe?

Thoughts?!

3 if you count Terrell 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 07:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No way. This is no disrespect to Calvin, but the only WR in NFL history I am taking over Randy is Rice. Randy, at his peak, is the second most dominant WR in NFL history, though you can argue T.O.

Calvin is one of the biggest NFL freaks to play WR, but Randy was still on another level than him during his prime.

You are understating the freak that his Megatron. Dude nearly put up 2000 yards in a season with Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball. Could you imagine what a prime Calvin Johnson would have done with Brady?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 07:50 PM)motoarch Wrote: Are you impling green is better than johnson?

Dude you don't remember how good he was.  That guy was freaking awesome.  Aj was good but not that good.  Chad was next level.

No shit.  Chad doesn't even get enough love from his own team's fans.  Ridiculous!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13185539]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 09:35 PM)J24 Wrote: You are understating the freak that his Megatron. Dude nearly put up 2000 yards in a season with Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball. Could you imagine what a prime Calvin Johnson would have done with Brady?

Randy Moss was not in his prime when he played with Brady...he actually was at the end of his career.. now not taking away playing for Brady helped but most of his career he was being to throw the ball by Culpepper .. nothing wrong with Culpepper but I probably prefer Stafford to throw the ball to me..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They got the wrong white WR

Welker>Nelson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 09:35 PM)J24 Wrote: You are understating the freak that his Megatron. Dude nearly put up 2000 yards in a season with Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball. Could you imagine what a prime Calvin Johnson would have done with Brady?

yea but Matt Stafford is a very good quarterback so what's your point? 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 09:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Randy Moss was not in his prime when he played with Brady...he actually was at the end of his career.. now not taking away playing for Brady helped but most of his career he was being to throw the ball by Culpepper .. nothing wrong with Culpepper but I probably prefer Stafford to throw the ball to me..

same. Cullpepper was good, but Stafford is better
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Glad to see Tory Holt near the top.

No one ever mentions him when talking about great WRs but he put up incredible numbers.  Over an 8 year span he AVERAGED 94 rec for 1384 yds and 8 tds.  And that streak started over 20 years ago ('00-'07) when passing numbers were way down from what they are now.

Over the first full decade of the 21st century ('00-'09) Holt had more receptions (868) and receiving yards (12,594) than any player in the league

Holt, Bruce, Az Hakim and Proehl, with Faulk in the backfield.. man, what an offense. They don’t call them the greatest show on turf for nothing. They could outscore the Chiefs in today’s NFL IMO

Before I was a Bengals fan, I was a Rams fan (at age 10). 99 Super Bowl is the best of all time.

Anyways, off on a tangent, but yes Holt is probably the most underrated receiver of all time.
Reply/Quote

I say worse individual stats
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 09:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Randy Moss was not in his prime when he played with Brady...he actually was at the end of his career.. now not taking away playing for Brady helped but most of his career he was being to throw the ball by Culpepper .. nothing wrong with Culpepper but I probably prefer Stafford to throw the ball to me..

He was thirty he wasn't at the End of His career. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I say worse individual stats

Doubtful
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 10:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Doubtful

He'd prob have more touchdowns and yards per reception but that's it.

With Stafford, he was on a team with a very good gun slinger that had zero running game. 

Stafford to Megatron was the entire offense
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 02:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Footballville has the top 20 receivers of the 21st century, and while I don't know if I'd put Chad on here, it's nice to see that two Bengals made the list with him and AJ!

[Image: 158417454_4140194396011037_5267733095699...e=6070653A]

Picture switching Dalton and Palmer and ask if Chad even makes this list if he has Dalton throwing him the ball.  How much higher would AJ be if he had Palmer throwing him the ball?  #4 maybe?

Thoughts?!

Chad>AJ

Reply/Quote
I dunno about Reggie Wayne being better than Harrison. At no point would I take Derrick Mason over AJ Green or DeAndre Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 10:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea but Matt Stafford is a very good quarterback so what's your point? 

The point is your acted like Moss got his numbers in prime from Brady and he did not. He actually had a WzB not as good as Stafford. both were great WR but I give Moss the edge.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 11:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The point is your acted like Moss got his numbers in prime from Brady and he did not. He actually had a WzB not as good as Stafford. both were great WR but I give Moss the edge.

you're confusing me with someone else
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Chad's better than Reggie Wayne. disagree

Already the list is dogging a Bengal. nothing new there

oh, and I respect Derrick Mason, but he is in NO WAY better than AJ Green. agree

Also, TY Hilton and Donald Driver over Anquan Boldin? This list is horrid. ab-so-lutely agree

Answers in bold.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 02:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Good points.  I guess I'm just still salty about the end of Chad's career with his trade demands and all that.

The organization has a way of turning people sour. Hard to separate a player on the team you follow with that of ownership they play for. So many things go this way for this team. Former players have negative things to say on the way or when out. Wasn't Saint AJ on the sidelines saying "trade me"? It's not the city, it's not the fans, it's the front office that ends up making some players angry.
Reply/Quote
It's pretty insane about 1/3rd of them played in the AFCN at one point or another
Reply/Quote