Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two HS players intentionally take out ref
I don't know that I've seen a worse display of sportsmanship and total lack of respect for the game, at any level.

Watch the video, and judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCrs63JeuM
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know that I've seen a worse display of sportsmanship and total lack of respect for the game, at any level.

Watch the video, and judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCrs63JeuM

Holy shit.

Definitely don't think I've ever seen such bad sportsmanship.  It seems trashy.

I didn't even look before I thought it, but, after watching the video and then beginning to type this, I was thinking "that must have been in Texas," and then looked up to the title and thought "yep, makes sense."

It's horrible how the culture of high school football down there has become such that teens would do something like this, and you know there was adults commending the hits.

They should be punished by the law, especially if the ref was injured.
Reply/Quote
Hope they kicked those punks off the team.
Reply/Quote
That's just disgusting.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 06:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That's just disgusting.

The question I have is;  Where, or how in the world, did those two get the idea that was something that they should do?  I know, as a former little league coach, that it all begins with good parenting.  However, these boys were HS, coaching must have had some sort of impact on their decision making, IMO.  Without seeing the preceding game tape, leading up to that incident, it is tough to say what those boys were reacting to, but respect for the game should have taught them to live with the bad breaks.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Team should be suspended for the rest of the season, both players should be banned for the rest of there high school careers, and the coach and principal should be fired. There is no place for that in any sport.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 08:30 PM)J24 Wrote: Team should be suspended for the rest of the season, both players should be banned for the rest of there high school careers, and the coach and principal should be fired. There is no place for that in any sport.

I disagree with that part because the rest of the kids likely had nothing to do with it and shouldn't have this part of their high school experience ruined because or two kids that they had no control over.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 08:30 PM)J24 Wrote: Team should be suspended for the rest of the season, both players should be banned for the rest of there high school careers, and the coach and principal should be fired. There is no place for that in any sport.

A bit extreme, before the facts of the investigation come out, don't ya think?  The investigation should tell weather or not they were given the "go" by the coaching staff, or if it was a rogue mission by the two players involved.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not only should they be kicked off the team and expelled from school, but they should be charged with assault.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
heres an update

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/07/us/texas-football-official-hit/index.html
Reply/Quote

Whoa! Punishing the team for the actions of two players? How would you feel if you got a ticket because another driver in your lane was speeding? I will agree the players should be off the team and I will add they should face assault charges. I hope they are prosecuted. As for the prinicipal - what does he or she have to do with this? Fire the coach? Come on. Maybe reprimand him, maybe more if there has been a prior pattern of his players doing crap like this. But again, how would you feel if someone you trained right at work messed up and you got fired for their error? Hardly seems fair. Hold the guilty parties accountable and don't deflect responsibility all over everyone else.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Respect the rules, respect the referees, respect your opponent.

This is what sport should be.

That "thing" was just wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:48 AM)Griever Wrote:
Quote:Griever
heres an update

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/07/us/texas-football-official-hit/index.html

Quote:The video was recorded in the game's fourth quarter after two John Jay players, including its starting quarterback, had been ejected, according to CNN affiliate KSAT-TV in San Antonio.

It seems that the "hit squad" was in retaliation for two other players getting ejected.  Evidently, poor sportsmanship is a theme, on that team..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It seems that the "hit squad" was in retaliation for two other players getting ejected.  Evidently, poor sportsmanship is a theme, on that team..

I just have a hard time believing the coaches weren't involved somehow.  
Reply/Quote
Head on a swivel ref... Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I just have a hard time believing the coaches weren't involved somehow.  

By the time that the investigation is completed, I'm sure that there will be plenty of details.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 06:33 PM)jason Wrote: Head on a swivel ref... Ninja

/steeler fans
Reply/Quote
According to this article, it seems an assistant coach was involved after all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/coach-suspended-after-players--hit-on-referee-213740537.html
Reply/Quote
what information is there to gather? its plain in the video that they assaulted the ref over a case of "he said/she said" racial slurs
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 12:54 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Respect the rules, respect the referees, respect your opponent.

This is what sport should be.

That "thing" was just wrong.

what if the refs are ruining the game...
Reply/Quote