Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Key Plays of the Game
IDK how to insert videos other than from twitter so that's what I'm doing. Discuss:

Johnson gets beat by a superior athlete in Myles Garrett - ok that'll happen - but Hart (who supposedly played better) just stands there and watches after his guy stunted inside.

This one is different. Jordan is trying to pull, but never gets there because Garrett (#95) crashes down in hard and creates havock. Adeniji was playing TE on the play and was supposed to block him, but that would be an amazing reach block if he could've done it. Mixon was hung out to dry w/o his lead blocker. Carter also doesn't sustain his block from the FB position. So where to put the blame? I think first on the coaches - that amount of moving parts on the goal line invites disaster, which is why the Brown had Garrett slant inside so hard. And then secondly on a failure of execution on Carter's part.
Reply/Quote
I think you're right. One thing on the 2nd play, when you're struggling to straight up block someone, a trap play can catch them off guard and shove a guy out of the hole if he doesn't see the pulling lineman in time. At the very least, he takes himself out of the play trying to avoid the block. They just spectacularly failed at blocking anyone. At least I think that's what would be going through a play caller's head. That would be my thinking anyway.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s hard for me to find a reason to call a counter to the right in a goal line situation let alone with our offensive line (maybe they wanted to run but didn’t want Bobby Hart to have a key block? But then why run to Myles Garrett’s side?).
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 07:24 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: It’s hard for me to find a reason to call a counter to the right in a goal line situation let alone with our offensive line (maybe they wanted to run but didn’t want Bobby Hart to have a key block? But then why run to Myles Garrett’s side?).

Hoping he over pursues? That's all I got...lol. Yeah, that play might've worked better to the left.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The second one was very poor play design, imo. That being said, the players didnt come close to pulling it off because the Browns got big push at the point of attack and just collapsed our OL into the backfield. But for goodness sake dont get fancy with pulling guards, just run the ball up the gut, we're on the goal line for goodness sake. I hope Taylor hires a good OC after this season.

The first play is just what we have to deal with. Bobby Fart and whoever is next to him sucking it up. 2 games, no difference on the right side.
Reply/Quote
Agreed (I haven't been a Cethan Carter fan) but shouldn't some of the key plays be on defense since we got lit up for 30? Like some of those missed tackles? Or the passing plays where the WR was not covered at all because the defense missed an assignment (happened twice)?

Reply/Quote
There was at least two plays in the first game where Hart just threw a hand out and watcher rushers go by. I don't get how he scores so high on PFF. Not that a 62 or whatever is high.

As far as the key plays there's usually 3-5 plays in the bulk of NFL games that determine the outcome. Hart's usually good for 3 FUBAR's a game.
Reply/Quote
Hart is putting together a lowlight reel of some absolute beauties. Hall of Shame level stuff.

Reply/Quote