Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Questions
1. Does Mike Brown draft Burrow?

2: Does he trade Dalton or let him go FA?
Reply/Quote
We draft Burrow.

IF MB can find good value for a trade for AD, then he's gone, but if not, then he will keep him and try again later when a team is desperate before the Deadline.

It's just common sense. AD is still on a team friendly contract for one year. I'm thinking that a 2nd might be what it takes to get MB to trade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy going FA would give us that ever so enticing 7th round comp pick.. How could Mike EVER turn down the prospect of a comp pick? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 02:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1. Does Mike Brown draft Burrow?

2: Does he trade Dalton or let him go FA?

1. I think he does draft Burrow, though I have this nagging feeling that he might go Herbert.

2. This is a tough call. My common sense says trade Dalton but Mike isn’t big on making trades and he loves to hang onto his good soldiers regardless of whether or not it makes sense to do so. I say he asks too much for Dalton and ends up keeping him to the end of his contract.
Reply/Quote
1. Mike Brown will draft Joe Burrow then go to dinner and think he’s won the draft lottery. He won’t care about what happens in the other six rounds because he landed his “bell cow” quarterback.

2. I don’t care what happens to Andy Dalton. Trade him, release him, let him hold a clipboard; it doesn’t matter. The run from 2011-2015 is ancient history. Andy needs to be somewhere far from Zac Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 02:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1.  Does Mike Brown draft Burrow?

2:  Does he trade Dalton or let him go FA?

Finley isn't an adequate backup.  If Brown gets a QB in round 1 or 2, look for him to start day 1 unless he turns out to be an Akili Smith in camp.  Dalton is the backup.    Dalton won't like it and might sit out the offseason in protest.  But I don't think he will.  He's early 30's, going into FA in the 2021 season and won't want a trouble maker rep to depress his marketability.   But I'm not convinced the Bengals go QB in Rnd 1.  With a much improved Oline via draft and FA, Dalton wins games that were losses this season. 

Given all the upgrades the team needs trading with Miami might happen as they have 3 picks in the rnd 1 starting with pick 5, 19 and 25.  They could upgrade Oline and LB with those slots.  I doubt Brown does it, he never does stuff like that.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 02:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 1.  Does Mike Brown draft Burrow?

2:  Does he trade Dalton or let him go FA?

1. Easiest decision Mikey and the FO have had to make in a long time is drafting Burrow, I think they do it.

2. Probably going to let Dalton go to FA would be my guess.
Reply/Quote
If we draft Burrow we hold on to Andy.

He did it with Esiason and Klingler

He did it with Blake and Smith

He did it with Kitna and Carson

He wanted to do it with Carson and Dalton
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown trades the number one pick for a bunch of picks. Re-signs Green to a one year "prove it" deal, brings Jay Gruden in as OC, Marvin Lewis as DC, and adds one decent starter in free agency.

He puts the old band back together for one last run with Dalton at QB.

The most popular move since giving Marvin a two year extension after the '17 season.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we draft Burrow we hold on to Andy.

He did it with Esiason and Klingler

He did it with Blake and Smith

He did it with Kitna and Carson

He wanted to do it with Carson and Dalton

Could be right but pretty expensive for a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
Let's try to keep this thread in the spirit the OP intended. There are PLENTY of other threads to purvey both positive and negative Andy Dalton propaganda. ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Would old school MB sit Burrow behind Dalton for a few games?
Reply/Quote
In regard to the questions asked in the OP?

I absolutely think that the Bengals are drafting Joe Burrow.

I think that Andy Dalton is on the opening day roster.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
1) Yes.

2) Andy holds a clipboard for $17M and haz a sad.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be right but pretty expensive for a backup QB.

Sure, but our starter is cheap. Think of it as an investment into Joe. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown trades the number one pick for a bunch of picks.  Re-signs Green to a one year "prove it" deal, brings Jay Gruden in as OC, Marvin Lewis as DC, and adds one decent starter in free agency.  

He puts the old band back together for one last run with Dalton at QB.

The most popular move since giving Marvin a two year extension after the '17 season.
I honestly wouldn't be against the OC & DC ideas. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, but our starter is cheap. Think of it as an investment into Joe. 

Sounds like a decent plan actually.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure, but our starter is cheap. Think of it as an investment into Joe. 

Makes sense...kinda sucks since we shouldn't need a 17 million dollar QB to mentor Joe since QB coach is supposedly something ZT should already be able to do, but ehh.

If anyone offers anything for Dalton i say take it and ZT plus one of his system QBs from Miami or LA should be able to do the job for a fractuon of the price. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2019, 05:38 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Would old school MB sit Burrow behind Dalton for a few games?

Is 16 a few? Cuz I think that is how it is going down. And it might be for the best. Gives us time to build the team more for Burrow (including the line). Also by the end of year 2 you know what you have in Zac Taylor so you can move on from him if we don't post at least, say 4 wins next year. 

Reply/Quote
I think they take Burrow with the #1 overall pick.And I think they keep Dalton.This is not what I would like to see happen,but I know how Mike Brown thinks.Like it or not,he will have the biggest impact on what happens here.This teams needs more than just a franchise quarterback.I would like to see them trade the #1 overall pick to get multiple higher round picks.
Reply/Quote