Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Rushing Touchdowns in Six Games
8 men in the box because Andy can’t consistently complete passes. The run game is affected by the passing game and vice versa.
Reply/Quote
Hard to pass or run with a horrible O-line.
Reply/Quote
According to the players' articles/tweets/interviews, they haven't given up on Zac.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 12:00 AM)Destro Wrote: Hard to pass or run with a horrible O-line.

The o-line pass protected very well on Sunday and AD was still pedestrian
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:59 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: 8 men in the box because Andy can’t consistently complete passes. The run game is affected by the passing game and vice versa.

Per Joe Goodberry...
Quote:Also via @NextGenStats, Joe Mixon has only seen 8+ defenders in the box on 4.05% of his carries. That's the LEAST amount in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:54 PM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: The o-line pass  protected very well on Sunday and AD was still pedestrian

The Cincinnati offensive line does indeed perform better in pass protection then they do in run blocking -- I'll grant you that -- but they do not protect "very well."  If you want to see better than average pass protection, watch New England or Pittsburgh.  Let's also consider the way the Ravens play on the back end:  Cover One or Cover Two with cornerbacks playing tight man coverage; two linebackers blitz or pick up runners while two other linebackers run along with the tight end. 

Andy Dalton looks nervous and this can't continue.  However, he's been sacked more than any other quarterback in the league -- 22 times in six games, pathetic -- and he's been hurried more often than that.  Did you happen to see the Steelers-Chargers game?  Philip Rivers is a far better quarterback than Andy Dalton yet he was let down by an offensive line which pass blocks even worse than Cincinnati.  Rivers looked horrendous but we know he's not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So... what you're trying to tell me in this thread is that Andy Dalton is carrying this team on both his arm and legs and everyone else sucks?   Ninja

At 0-6, nobody is carrying anything.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m really not convinced Zac Taylor understood he was flying into the eye of a Category V shitstorm when he interviewed for the head coaching job.

I'm not sure ZT is the answer to anything. The 1 yr ZT was UC's OC, they were hot garbage for the 1st time in a bunch of years ...

It's not coincidence....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, we're treating every game like it's a playoff game.

Think that’s it! We were over confident coming into the “New-Dey” we thought we was already in the playoffs. This explains everything since we are in playoff form.
Reply/Quote
Our current rush game is on pace to produce 904 yards for the season. The Bengals have only had one season with under 1000 yards. That was 1982. A strike shortened season where they rushed for 949 yards, in 9 games.

It's truly amazing to see how inept this running game is.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote