Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Two Scenario Breakdown for How We Make the Playoffs: Division Champs or Wildcard #2.
Scenario 1: Win the division.

WHAT THE STEELERS (8-5) NEED TO DO:

LOSE @ Bengals
12/18

LOSE vs Ravens
12/25

LOSE vs Browns
1/1

END RECORD: 8-8
-----

WHAT THE RAVENS (7-6) NEED TO DO:

LOSE vs Eagles
12/18

WIN @ Steelers
12/25

LOSE @ Bengals
1/1

-----

WHAT THE BENGALS (5-7-1) NEED TO DO:

WIN vs Steelers
12/18

WIN @ Texans
12/24

WIN vs Ravens
1/1

END RECORD: 8-7-1

-----

Scenario 2: Win the 2nd Wildcard spot. (KC + OAKLAND BOTH AT 10-3, 1 GETS 1 SPOT)

WHAT THE DOLPHINS (8-5) NEED TO DO:

LOSE @ Jets
12/17

LOSE @ Bills
12/24

LOSE vs Patriots
1/1

-----

WHAT THE BRONCOS (8-5) NEED TO DO:

LOSE vs Patriots
12/17

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/24

LOSE vs Raiders
1/1

-----

WHAT THE TITANS (6-7) NEED TO DO: (Can win 1 game and we are still in.)

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/17

LOSE @ Jaguars
12/24

LOSE vs Texans
1/1

END RECORD: 7-9

-----

LAST BUT NOT LEAST ... We need Buffalo to be limited to winning only 2 of their last 3 games.

WHAT THE BILLS (6-7) NEED TO DO:

LOSE vs Browns
12/17

WIN vs Dolphins
12/24

LOSE @ Jets
1/1

END RECORD: 7-9 (Can beat either Cleveland or the Jets and we are still fine.)

-----

THERE IS HOPE!!! WHO DEY.

-- WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS!! --
Reply/Quote
The Browns have no chance of beating the Steelers. The only way is the wildcard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 07:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Browns have no chance of beating the Steelers. The only way is the wildcard.

I would wager that the odds of the Browns beating the Steelers are better than the odds of the combination of the Broncos and Dolphins losing out, among other things that would have to happen for the Bengals to secure a wild card. 

Not that I think either are probable or anything, but a .10% chance is technically more than a .05% chance.
Reply/Quote
God to have the Washington and Buffalo games back. 7-6 and we'd have a fighting chance.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 07:57 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I would wager that the odds of the Browns beating the Steelers are better than the odds of the combination of the Broncos and Dolphins losing out, among other things that would have to happen for the Bengals to secure a wild card. 

Not that I think either are probable or anything, but a .10% chance is technically more than a .05% chance.

Lol the Broncos are going to lose out. I would put a sig bet on that. Have you seen their schedule? The Dolphins could easily lose out too. If they lose to the Jets they probably will because Tannehill is out for the season. Those aren't the team's I'm worried about knocking is off the wildcard spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 08:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: God to have the Washington and Buffalo games back.  7-6 and we'd have a fighting chance.

So true... The Giants game is haunting my memory too, so many close chances for shoulda coulda woulda...

BUT - we are hitting on all cylinders right now, and getting some guys back from IR.. I still have hope.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 09:26 PM)MC Howley Wrote: So true... The Giants game is haunting my memory too, so many close chances for shoulda coulda woulda...

BUT - we are hitting on all cylinders right now, and getting some guys back from IR.. I still have hope.

Had nugent got canned 6 weeks ago....
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 07:38 PM)MC Howley Wrote: Scenario 1: Win the division.

LOSE @ Bengals
12/18

LOSE vs Ravens
12/25

LOSE vs Browns
1/1

-----

LOSE vs Eagles
12/18

WIN @ Steelers
12/25

LOSE @ Bengals
1/1

-----

WIN vs Steelers
12/18

WIN @ Texans
12/24

WIN vs Ravens
1/1

-----

Scenario 2: Win the 2nd Wildcard spot. (KC + OAKLAND BOTH AT 10-3, 1 GETS 1 SPOT)

LOSE @ Jets
12/17

LOSE @ Bills
12/24

LOSE vs Patriots
1/1

-----

LOSE vs Patriots
12/17

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/24

LOSE vs Raiders
1/1

-----

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/17

LOSE @ Jaguars
12/24

LOSE vs Texans
1/1

-----

LAST BUT NOT LEAST ... We need Buffalo to be limited to winning only 2 of their last 3 games.

LOSE vs Browns
12/17

WIN vs Dolphins
12/24

LOSE @ Jets
1/1

-----

May you have to hold your breath until one of these 1000 to 1 scenarios actually occurs.

Reply/Quote
The fat lady has already sung. I don't see the Bengals winning this week. I gave up weeks ago.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Here ya go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g8_Nt8Q6Gs
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 07:44 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Browns have no chance of beating the Steelers. The only way is the wildcard.

Especially with RGIII as QB.  Not sure if McCown is on IR or something, but he would at least give them a chance.  I also really like the idea of the game because Hue would be going for it on fourth down, etc.  It would be fun to watch...still less than a couple tenths of a percent chance, though.  
Reply/Quote

LOSE @ Bengals
12/18

LOSE vs Ravens
12/25

LOSE vs Browns
1/1

-----

LOSE vs Eagles
12/18

WIN @ Steelers
12/25

LOSE @ Bengals
1/1

-----

WIN vs Steelers
12/18

WIN @ Texans
12/24

WIN vs Ravens
1/1

-----

LOSE @ Jets
12/17

LOSE @ Bills
12/24

LOSE vs Patriots
1/1

-----

LOSE vs Patriots
12/17

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/24

LOSE vs Raiders
1/1

-----

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/17

LOSE @ Jaguars
12/24

LOSE vs Texans
1/1

-----

LOSE vs Browns
12/17

WIN vs Dolphins
12/24

LOSE @ Jets
1/1

-----

Looks like a whole lot of aint gonna happen in there.

Poke me with a big foam finger if we are still alive in 2 weeks.
Reply/Quote
The bigger and more meaningful question IMO, is whether this team will go under substantial changes in the off-season.

Even if the Bengals somehow managed to get into the playoffs, we're likely to see yet another one and done, which I'd rather not see.
Reply/Quote
[Image: image.png]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 09:26 PM)MC Howley Wrote: So true... The Giants game is haunting my memory too, so many close chances for shoulda coulda woulda...

I am with you till we lose.

Even if we make the Playoffs we will probably be one and done again cause of the coaching but still..

Watching my Bengals for even one more game is better to me than them not making it. Just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am with you till we lose.

Even if we make the Playoffs we will probably be one and done again cause of the coaching but still..

Watching my Bengals for even one more game is better to me than them not making it. Just my opinion.

I think with 0 expectations and pressure, this would be the type of weird year where if we got into the playoffs completely counted out, on a 5 game winning streak... We would probably pull off the improbable and upset someone like Oakland, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh...

Reply/Quote
Nugent killed our chances in the Bills game by missing 2 XP's. Losing that game was the dagger in our hearts I'm afraid.

Thanks Mike, Marvin and Nuge.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 01:50 PM)MC Howley Wrote: I think with 0 expectations and pressure, this would be the type of weird year where if we got into the playoffs completely counted out, on a 5 game winning streak... We would probably pull off the improbable and upset someone like Oakland, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh...

I would love that weirdness. :andy:

Marv is going to be back next year anyways, might as well make a run.

People hoping we lay down to get a higher pick i don't understand.
Reply/Quote

LOSE @ Bengals
12/18

LOSE vs Ravens
12/25

LOSE vs Browns
1/1

-----

LOSE vs Eagles
12/18

WIN @ Steelers
12/25

LOSE @ Bengals
1/1

-----

WIN vs Steelers
12/18

WIN @ Texans
12/24

WIN vs Ravens
1/1

-----

LOSE @ Jets
12/17

LOSE @ Bills
12/24

LOSE vs Patriots
1/1

-----

LOSE vs Patriots
12/17

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/24

LOSE vs Raiders
1/1

-----

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/17

LOSE @ Jaguars
12/24

LOSE vs Texans
1/1

-----

LOSE vs Browns
12/17

WIN vs Dolphins
12/24

LOSE @ Jets
1/1

-----

Honestly, the only team I'm worried about for the Wildcard spot is the Browns. The Broncos are going to lose out, and if the Dolphins lose this Sunday then they will lose out (they are with their backup QB the rest of the way). The Titans are easily going to lose to the Chiefs, and that pretty much wraps up the whole AFC south division, because if the Titans beat the Texans (and I'm assuming the Jags) they win the division, and the Texans can't be in the Wildcard because they lost to us and the Titans. We have hope to get the Wildcard, but it's all up to the Bills losing to the Jets or the Browns, which isn't very likely to happen. I'm hoping that the Jets have a payback game for last year and knock them out though.... HERE'S TO HOPE!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 07:38 PM)MC Howley Wrote: WHAT THE TITANS (6-7) NEED TO DO: (Can win 1 game and we are still in.)

LOSE @ Chiefs
12/17

LOSE @ Jaguars
12/24

LOSE vs Texans
1/1

-----

Titans go 9-7, they will win their division and the 8-8 Texans will be in the wildcard mix, behind Cincinnati.  

Only teams to watch are Denver, Miami, and Buffalo on the wild card front.  The Bengals have to win out too of course (thereby giving Houston another loss).
Reply/Quote