Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Things of Many
Two things that stuck, out that I don't see listed here yet, was the horrible 'no call' on the pass interference on Marvin Jones in the end zone.

The other is something I don't think I've ever seen before, and that was when Dalton saw the middle open up and made that pump fake to freeze the linemen, and scooted through the middle for a first down!

Those are the kind of things he is doing this year that do not show up on the stat sheet!
Reply/Quote
Your latter point was a beautiful thing. Dalton went empty backfield saw the space in the middle and pulled off that sort first down effortlessly.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:49 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Two things that stuck, out that I don't see listed here yet, was the horrible 'no call' on the pass interference on Marvin Jones in the end zone.

The other is something I don't think I've ever seen before, and that was when Dalton saw the middle open up and made that pump fake to freeze the linemen, and scooted through the middle for a first down!

Those are the kind of things he is doing this year that do not show up on the stat sheet!

I didn't catch the number, but that pump fake had a d-lineman for the Browns leap HIGH in to the air.  It was shown on the jumbotron in slow motion and everyone got a good laugh about it.

The holding penalties that weren't called were pretty bad.  Geno and Dunlap were getting mugged all night.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The double-move Eifert put on a corner...?

Who-wee! This is fun to watch!
Reply/Quote
That double move.....

That can mean one of two things.

That corner is horrible or the tight end is really good..

I think we got the latter.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:49 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Two things that stuck, out that I don't see listed here yet, was the horrible 'no call' on the pass interference on Marvin Jones in the end zone.

But you have to admit that pass was still on the money!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:30 AM)Interceptor Wrote: But you have to admit that pass was still on the money!

Yes it was. I know receivers will sometimes drop passes, but I can imagine how tough it would be to catch a pass when the defender is molesting you the last few seconds before the ball gets there.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:29 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: That double move.....

That can mean one of two things.

That corner is horrible or the tight end is really good..

I think we got the latter.

I thought the corner bit on th pump fake from Dalton
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:30 AM)Interceptor Wrote: But you have to admit that pass was still on the money!

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but at first look it seemed like the defender was in good position to reach the ball and deflect it, but he panicked and interfered with Marvin Jones (even though it was not called).  I think if Dalton threw it another foot deeper it would have been the perfect pass.  It wasn't a bad throw by any means, but a good corner could have deflected it without interfering with the receiver. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:42 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I'm not a hundred percent sure, but at first look it seemed like the defender was in good position to reach the ball and deflect it, but he panicked and interfered with Marvin Jones (even though it was not called).  I think if Dalton threw it another foot deeper it would have been the perfect pass.  It wasn't a bad throw by any means, but a good corner could have deflected it without interfering with the receiver. 

Defender was only in a good spot cause he used marvins jones sholder to help elevate him to go after the ball... But it looked like it would have dropped in right over jones sholder.

But if it was a little behind it would be the first ball jones out ran lol
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Defender was only in a good spot cause he used marvins jones sholder to help elevate him to go after the ball...  But it looked like it would have dropped in right over jones sholder.

But if it was a little behind it would be the first ball jones out ran lol

I'm not sure about that.  I think while Marvin had the defender beat, it looked like he had to slow down just a bit and the defender caught up (but I agree it was interference).  I've seen Andy make plenty of good throws and even perfect ones, but I don't think that one was perfect.  I think if Josh Norman was defending it, he would have been beaten, but would have had a chance to dive and knock the ball away.  If the ball was another foot farther, the defender has no chance to reach the ball and Marvin catches it with his hands away from his body.  
Reply/Quote
Thankfully the non-call had no effect on the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:52 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Your latter point was a beautiful thing. Dalton went empty backfield saw the space in the middle and pulled off that sort first down effortlessly.

He had enough room to spare to do a QB slide, something Andy never does.  Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 02:31 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I'm not sure about that.  I think while Marvin had the defender beat, it looked like he had to slow down just a bit and the defender caught up (but I agree it was interference).  I've seen Andy make plenty of good throws and even perfect ones, but I don't think that one was perfect.  I think if Josh Norman was defending it, he would have been beaten, but would have had a chance to dive and knock the ball away.  If the ball was another foot farther, the defender has no chance to reach the ball and Marvin catches it with his hands away from his body.  

I think it was a good throw.  He didn't slow down at all.  Had he not been held, it would have been a score.

[Image: ZhPm9PP.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 05:48 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: He had enough room to spare to do a QB slide, something Andy never does.  Big Grin

I've seen him do it several times.
Reply/Quote