Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two WR free agents who can help this team.
(03-16-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Boldin was the #1 target on the Niners by a mile.  He had 111 targets and no one else had more than 62.

Johnson was FOURTH in targets for the Colts.  He only had 77 behind Hilton (134), Moncrief (105), and Fleenor (84).

QBs generally throw to the guy who gets open.

Yet he finished 60th according to Pff of all wide receivers.

Let's say he regresses a bit and goes to 72 that would still be a great number 3
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:32 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yet he finished 60th according to Pff of all wide receivers.

Let's say he regresses a bit and goes to 72 that would still be a great number 3

That's the kind of template that fits on the roster. Draft a WR in the top 3, and have a vet bridge type player for a year or two that can start if need be. They're just waiting for one to sign for cheap. This could take a while, late or not it could be right before the draft when they do.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 07:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Can't blame Andra for the Colts woes. 

Oy, I thought putting DUH after that would be enough to indicate sarcasm!  I shoulda known it wasn't...DUH!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I would like for us to take a look at Boldin. The dudes on here talked me into him.

He is still a physical receiver with great hands.

Wallace is a Raven and we would not of paid him what he got there.

Lafell or Boldin would be fine with me this FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Boldin was the #1 target on the Niners by a mile.  He had 111 targets and no one else had more than 62.

Johnson was FOURTH in targets for the Colts.  He only had 77 behind Hilton (134), Moncrief (105), and Fleenor (84).

QBs generally throw to the guy who gets open.

This.  I'd love to get Boldin.  His game is not dependent on speed.  He's smart, mentally tough, gets open and holds onto the ball.   Would be great in the locker room too - would be great for a rookie draft pick and probably be a good resource for AJ.  Might even teach Kumerow how to separate.
Reply/Quote