Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Not to sound too negative, but.....

[Image: TS.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I saw that from a couple tweets but nothing credible
Reply/Quote
Well can't say they didn't prepare for an injury to Guard.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The right side of the line looks bad with Hart and Miller. Have confidence in both Westerman and Glenn. We need Price to improve desperately.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 08:43 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I saw that from a couple tweets but nothing credible

Goodberry said the 2 sources were reliable.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The right side of the line looks bad with Hart and Miller. Have confidence in both Westerman and Glenn. We need Price to improve desperately.

When Glenn and Westerman look to be the strength of the line...it's HUGE trouble.

They wouldn't play Westerman when they were desperate.
Reply/Quote
We can handle an injury at G. They did plan well for that scenario.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I was one accused of over-reacting when I said it didn't look good in the Jonah's dinged thread, but I'm gonna need a little more than this to write off Boling's season.

I will say the Bengals may have known something by moving Glenn inside when no one expected in. The talk was Jonah 1 year at RT or Glenn to RT. If it's true I hope Mike Jordan Willie Pipp's his ass.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Glenn and Westerman look to be the strength of the line...it's HUGE trouble.

Who is this "they" you refer to?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: We can handle an injury at G. They did plan well for that scenario.

We have no quality guards on the roster. I'd say every guy we have at Guard is below average at best.

Price was a bad Center last year.

Hart was a bad Tackle. And Glenn was below average at best.

We could actually have our worst line this year with these injuries. Boling was the strength of our line for several years.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: When Glenn and Westerman look to be the strength of the line...it's HUGE trouble.

Ehh Glenn at his best is a top 5 player at his position and Westerman has played well when the opportunity presents itself.  The bigger question is can Glenn get healthy enough to be what he was. 
J24

Reply/Quote
Makes sense seems like the Bengals have been doing everything possible this offseason to replace him which makes no sense considering he's been our best lineman the last 3 years and has the ability to be a decent tackle. They named John Miller the starting right guard and put Glenn at LG and name every guard on the roster as a possible starter for LG and act like Boling isn't even on the team anymore. Hobson mentioned he would miss some time in camp but nobody has said what his injury is. Assuming it's a serious injury which Iv'e thought all along.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 08:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to sound too negative, but.....

[Image: TS.jpg]

Atleast its falling apart early, maybe we can get an early draft pick atleast rather than this middle of the draft or worse stuff we like to do.
Reply/Quote
If Boling is seriously done, then this FO has to consider paying above MSRP for a starter via trade if they want this team to compete this year.
Reply/Quote
I am not understanding... is "done" meant as, done for the season... or is he leaving football?
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who is this "they" you refer to?

The Bengals. Did you see Westerman playing a lot over the past 2 years?
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Ehh Glenn at his best is a top 5 player at his position and Westerman has played well when the opportunity presents itself.  The bigger question is can Glenn get healthy enough to be what he was. 

Glenn was arguably NEVER a Top 5 Tackle.

At his best he was maybe a Top 15 Tackle. He hasn't been healthy for 3 seasons at this point.

Honestly...if he'd just be average it's an improvement.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 09:56 PM)treee Wrote: If Boling is seriously done, then this FO has to consider paying above MSRP for a starter via trade if they want this team to compete this year.

We're not going to compete this year. They won't say that...but it's true.
Reply/Quote
Maybe they meant Clint Boling is done rehabbing his injury?

Fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote