Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
(07-03-2019, 04:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I asked if the team ever indicated the extent of Carson's injury and your source indicated they didn't.

If ESPN's sources' were accurate that doesn't explain the Bengals' secrecy once they knew the the extent of the diagnosis and the prognosis.

The same applies to Boling. If the fans and other teams knew Boling's diagnosis and prognosis today how would that negatively affect the Bengals?  He's still under contract, the Bengals have stocked up OGs, and opening day is two months away, right?  If he's able to play they're going to go with what the got. If he isn't able to play, they're gonna go with what they got. They're not giving away any competitive advantage by letting the fans know what is going on.

I did not make myself clear.

I just think of it more as the Bengals supporting any player who thinks he can play through an injury.  If I have a player who is injured but who has a chance of playing through it I am going to say "I believe in you.  I am sure you can do it."  Now I might still go out and sign a free agent at that position to cover my ass, but I am not going to release a report that a player is "done" when he is still trying to play through it.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 11:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If that is indeed the gravity of the situation, I wish the team would just come out and say so.  Unless the team itself is in "wait and see mode", all of this cloak and dagger secrecy just seems a bit much.

If they say something now, fans panic and think the season is further down the tubes (with both Jonah and Boling out).

If they wait til August and cut Boling, they can spin it by promoting Jordan or maybe even Glenn. PR is all about timing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 12:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If they say something now, fans panic and think the season is further down the tubes (with both Jonah and Boling out).

If they wait til August and cut Boling, they can spin it by promoting Jordan or maybe even Glenn. PR is all about timing.

Yep. Especially since Health and new coaching were the main variables we were relying on. Health already looks shaky.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Especially since Health and new coaching were the main variables we were relying on. Health already looks shaky.

Losing Boling alone wouldn't bother me so much, but since we already lost Jonah, Glenn will likely be sliding back to LT.

Which means we now have a big question mark at LG, to go along with a likely downgrade at LT. 

Our line now looks no better than last season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
As to folks taking about cutting Boling if injured. I'm not sure that's allowed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Has there been any indication at all as to what sort of an injury that Boling has been dealing with?
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 04:33 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Has there been any indication at all as to what sort of an injury that Boling has been dealing with?

Not that I've been able to find.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 04:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not that I've been able to find.

Now I don't feel so bad as I could find nothing either. If what I have seen is correct he had nothing bothering him since very early in the season and pretty much a clean bill of health the rest of the way thru the season to the very end. You would almost have to assume that it is some sort of an off season injury.
Reply/Quote
Boling didn't participate in spring workouts due to an undisclosed injury, Geoff Hobson of the Bengals' official site reports.

The Bengals haven't shed light on the reason behind Boling's absence or indicated if he'll be ready to go in time for training camp. When healthy, the 30-year-old will look to retain his status as the team's starting left guard.
Reply/Quote
And the fact nothing has been released about Boling should answer the question in the Williams thread about HIPPA. If Boling doesn't want it released, it doesn't get released. Period.
Reply/Quote
Training Camp hasn’t even started yet
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2019, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And the fact nothing has been released about Boling should answer the question in the Williams thread about HIPPA. If Boling doesn't want it released, it doesn't get released. Period.

And Boling retires.

Down 2 projected starters from a bad unit.
Reply/Quote
Can't blame him. AN injury he could try and come back from. Blood clots are life and death

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 12:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If they say something now, fans panic and think the season is further down the tubes (with both Jonah and Boling out).

Looks like the Bengals did not heed your advice.
And just as you expected, people are panicking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It seems we all have it on good authority that Boling is officially done..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 02:35 PM)pally Wrote: Can't blame him.  AN injury he could try and come back from.  Blood clots are life and death

It's funny...when we hear no news fans are like HIPAA!

Then Boling retires and it's announced that he had blood clots. HIPAA volation! LOL
Reply/Quote