Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Two different people in the last 24 hours have told me "Clint Boling is done" - JG
(06-26-2019, 09:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Goodberry said the 2 sources were reliable.

gotta pick up at least two quality linemen on cut down day or before.Without a much improved line we are going to struggle.Last season was because of this horrible line not being able to block ANYONE AND OUR rbs were captured behind the line numerous times.I went back and watched every game as I tape them all and it was awlful to see.Just sayin.There has to be some top lineman out there that can help us.And if the stoolers cut Artie Burns,we need to grab that guy just like they do to us.WHO-DEY !!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am saying that if we had signed Williams you would be crying about the Bengals giving money to a guy with a bad injury on a one year deal when even his own team would not re-sign him.

When we signed the leagues leading tackler in the '18 offseason fans whine because it was just a one year deal.  Think what they would have done if we had done that with a guy who had missed the entire previous season. 

People generally look at what we have and what we could have had. Williams is a better option than Hart. In your scenario, if they signed Williams and people didn't realize they were going to sign Hart...yeah people might complain. But, knowing they signed Hart who is terrible...Williams looks like a better option.

They do it with the current line too. There are posts claiming a line of Hart/Miller/Hopkins/Price/Glenn will be adequate. I see people saying Hart is a decent OT as he is better than Ced and Fisher. (Just because Ced and Fisher were terrible and Hart is 'better' than them doesn't make him a good OT. Price was terrible at Center last year and Hopkins did slightly better...but that doesn't make Hopkins a good Center either.

Without Boling and Williams, our line could actually be worse than the past 2 years...and I just don't think making a huge trade is the remedy to save the season. I think there are too many other issues.

We whiffed bigtime in free agency. That's the real issue.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 11:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am saying that if we had signed Williams you would be crying about the Bengals giving money to a guy with a bad injury on a one year deal when even his own team would not re-sign him.

When we signed the leagues leading tackler in the '18 offseason fans whine because it was just a one year deal.  Think what they would have done if we had done that with a guy who had missed the entire previous season. 

I was actually one of the ones supporting the Preston Brown signing last year, so don't lump me in with the rest. And I've already said I like Preston Brown but I just liked some other LBs more this past FA.
And no, I wouldn't have "cried" about the Bengals giving money to a guy with a bad injury on a one-year deal, you are making an assumption on that. I stated multiple times throughout this past offseason that I wanted the team to sign Daryl Williams or JuWuan James.
I don't complain about every single FA signing. I complain about going with familiar guys rather than risking on someone new. Especially when a player played very bad last year in Bobby Hart.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought the false starts all the time was significant part of Hart's bad play last year. Clean that up he can be mediocre. It wasn't like Ogbuehi or Fisher continually getting beat play after play. did he have a couple of bad games sure. He had some decent ones as well. Our blocking got worse it seemed once Eifert got hurt
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 02:00 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I thought the false starts all the time was significant part of Hart's bad play last year. Clean that up he can be mediocre. It wasn't like Ogbuehi or Fisher continually getting beat play after play. did he have a couple of bad games sure. He had some decent ones as well. Our blocking got worse it seemed once Eifert got hurt

Didn't we read, back around the time of the Hart signing, that many of those flags he was blamed for, were actually on fouls by Redmond?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 03:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't we read, back around the time of the Hart signing, that many of those flags he was blamed for, were actually on fouls by Redmond?

Was it Hart that got hit with that total BS hands to the face flag about midseason last year negating a TD and pretty much costing us a shot at winning the game ?
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 03:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Was it Hart that got hit with that total BS hands to the face flag about midseason last year negating a TD and pretty much costing us a shot at winning the game ?

Not for sure, but I seem to remember reading about it.  (I didn't get to see all the games last season)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hart is a stud. Refs just don’t like him. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 02:00 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I thought the false starts all the time was significant part of Hart's bad play last year. Clean that up he can be mediocre. It wasn't like Ogbuehi or Fisher continually getting beat play after play. did he have a couple of bad games sure. He had some decent ones as well. Our blocking got worse it seemed once Eifert got hurt

IF, everything goes right...he could...maybe... strive to be...MEDIOCRE!!!

Super Bowl here we come!
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2019, 01:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was actually one of the ones supporting the Preston Brown signing last year, so don't lump me in with the rest. And I've already said I like Preston Brown but I just liked some other LBs more this past FA.
And no, I wouldn't have "cried" about the Bengals giving money to a guy with a bad injury on a one-year deal, you are making an assumption on that. I stated multiple times throughout this past offseason that I wanted the team to sign Daryl Williams or JuWuan James.
I don't complain about every single FA signing. I complain about going with familiar guys rather than risking on someone new. Especially when a player played very bad last year in Bobby Hart.

Brown by himself is not bad. IF he were our #2c LB...it would be ok. Not having that #1 guy that can cover really hurts.

Same with Vigil. As a #3, he's ok. As a #1, it's bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 08:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

With the season ending injury to the #1 pick O Tackle,  they better be talking Bolling into playing in 2019.  If they lose both of them before Training Camp starts, I don't know where the blocking is going to come from. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 01:44 AM)kevin Wrote: With the season ending injury to the #1 pick O Tackle,  they better be talking Bolling into playing in 2019.  If they lose both of them before Training Camp starts, I don't know where the blocking is going to come from. 

If he can’t physically compete, he would have no business being out there. And the injury that plagued him last season was to his back not a good one for an OL to try and play through

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 01:44 AM)kevin Wrote: With the season ending injury to the #1 pick O Tackle,  they better be talking Bolling into playing in 2019.  If they lose both of them before Training Camp starts, I don't know where the blocking is going to come from. 

Some teams have to go 4-12 or 5-11.
Reply/Quote
Due to injuries, Resign Fisher NOW, ASAP and get him into new coaches Training Camp on Day One July 27th.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So it looks like this was a simple miscommunication.

They said "Bowling is fun"
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 05:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So it looks like this was a simple miscommunication.

They said "Bowling is fun"

I choose to think that we are 'Enrolling this nun' to spiritually petition a higher power on our behalf.  

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 05:15 PM)kevin Wrote: Due to injuries, Resign Fisher NOW, ASAP and get him into new coaches Training Camp on Day One July 27th.

Fisher has dropped weight to switch positions and play TE.  He can't bulk up to tackle weight in 28 days in a manner that will leave him able to be an effective lineman.

I take that back.  He could do it, but a PED suspension would quickly follow...
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 11:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Fisher has dropped weight to switch positions and play TE.  He can't bulk up to tackle weight in 28 days in a manner that will leave him able to be an effective lineman.

I take that back.  He could do it, but a PED suspension would quickly follow...

Fisher wasn't even an effective lineman before.  That's why he cut weight and changed positions.  
Reply/Quote
Quite doling the rum, start consoling the dumb  :threadjack:
Reply/Quote
2-14
Reply/Quote