Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two games in a row the RB is a Super Hero.
Against the Panthers Mixon "woke" up and became a Super Hero.
This week against the Steelers it was Perrine. 
Good Job RB'S.

[Image: 76386dc257ba99ba960e189202b5e481.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Should we be targeting a good RB in the draft next year?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:23 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Should we be targeting a good RB in the draft next year?

I think we are gonna have bigger needs next year early in the draft than running back. Maybe the year after that though. It was nice to see Perine get going. He has limitations just like Mixon does but he has the talent to make game changing plays.
Reply/Quote
We can probably get a good RB in round 3. Rudy Johnson was round 4 I believe.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:23 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Should we be targeting a good RB in the draft next year?

Target good OL in every draft and mediocre RBs will become good RBs and good RBs will become great RBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:33 PM)EatonFan Wrote: We can probably get a good RB in round 3.  Rudy Johnson was round 4 I believe.

Especially now since the position has been devalued so much since it has become such a passing league.

There were three taken in the first round of the draft in 2018- Michel (not worth it), Barkley (worth it), Penny (not worth it)- but, besides that, there's generally not more than one or two backs taken in the first two rounds, so I agree that we can wait.
Reply/Quote
Some context matters here.

Perine had himself a good day overall but he had 30 yards at 2.7 a carry. That's not good.

Mixon had over 150yards on the ground the previous week.

These things are not the same.

Our ground outside one game still sucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:57 PM)motoarch Wrote: Some context matters here.

Perine had himself a good day overall but he had 30 yards at 2.7 a carry.  That's not good.

Not sure when Mixon's contract runs out, but I'd be good at letting him walk.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 08:19 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Not sure when Mixon's contract runs out, but I'd be good at letting him walk.

I thought he just signed an extension in the offseason? Maybe it was two years ago.

Unless his production picks up, I agree with letting him walk and using that money on the line. 

I have him on my fantasy team, though, so let's hope he finishes this year strong!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:57 PM)motoarch Wrote: Some context matters here.

Perine had himself a good day overall but he had 30 yards at 2.7 a carry.  That's not good.

I never said we had a good rushing attack two games in a row.

I said our RB's had good games, which of course also means receiving.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Target good OL in every draft and mediocre RBs will become good RBs and good RBs will become great RBs.

This...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 08:19 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Not sure when Mixon's contract runs out, but I'd be good at letting him walk.

Agreed posted something earlier. Mixon should be let go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

It does not expire next year but I would be fine with letting Joe walk as well.

Not really because he is bad, but because he is overpaid and the money could be better spent elsewhere. 

and yes, if they let Mixon walk or trade him then would want to target a RB in the draft. Yet not in first couple rounds though
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Target good OL in every draft and mediocre RBs will become good RBs and good RBs will become great RBs.

I always say target the O-line early and often in drafts, but the Bengals track record is not good at this in drafts. They need to hire an expert or something.

Or quit asking the Piano mans opinion. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

We cannot fixate on OL. We targeted OL in rd 2 of 2021 and came away with Jackson Carman. I went back and looked at the league leaders in rushing the last few years and the vast majority were drafted in the top couple rounds 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Where is Blake Corum projected to go? He’s a potential Heisman candidate but that doesn’t always translate. Hate him now. Would love him in May. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Every Bengal fan wanting an RB in the upcoming draft should want Bijan Robinson. And it's deeper than just his RB acumen.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We cannot fixate on OL. We targeted OL in rd 2 of 2021 and came away with Jackson Carman. I went back and looked at the league leaders in rushing the last few years and the vast majority were drafted in the top couple rounds 

I posted a huge list can't remember when or what is was for (Probably before the Carman draft) the Majority of offensive linemen are in the 1st 2 rounds of the draft. Especially at LT. Guards and centers you'll start to see a lot more 3-UDFA players, but still a lot of them in the top half of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I always say target the O-line early and often in drafts, but the Bengals track record is not good at this in drafts. They need to hire an expert or something.

Or quit asking the Piano mans opinion. 

I think they'd do themselves a service if they stopped drafting tackles with the intent to switch them to guard. I'm certainly not expert when it comes to this, but judging by their track record, neither are the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

(11-21-2022, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought he just signed an extension in the offseason? Maybe it was two years ago.

Unless his production picks up, I agree with letting him walk and using that money on the line. 

I have him on my fantasy team, though, so let's hope he finishes this year strong!

Mixon is signed through 2024:

2023 - $12,850,000 cap hit
2024 - $13,133,000 cap hit

Reply/Quote