Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Two less teams
(11-02-2017, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People honestly still think this is a potential playoff team? They have 3 wins and other than the Browns  (and maybe Bears) I don't see any sure wins in the rest of their schedule. The best we can hope for is it will hopefully be Marvin's last year.

Every team is a potential playoff team until they are eliminated from playoff contention.   We only have 3 wins but we also only have 4 losses.

Some teams turn it around later in the season...   While there is not immediate fix for the OL coming other than them putting on big boy pants and blocking...   Play Calling can go a long way to negate the weaknesses there.  but it has to become more consistent on that end.

the way you talk you get knocked down once and never try to get up....  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Every team is a potential playoff team until they are eliminated from playoff contention.   We only have 3 wins but we also only have 4 losses.

Some teams turn it around later in the season...   While there is not immediate fix for the OL coming other than them putting on big boy pants and blocking...   Play Calling can go a long way to negate the weaknesses there.  but it has to become more consistent on that end.

the way you talk you get knocked down once and never try to get up....  

Oh bs. I'm just all too familiar with this team. And when we are trotting out an historically awful oline, a QB with the yips, a non existent running game, all coached by Marvin ***** Lewis...

Sorry if I don't see a run coming. I prefer to look at it as being realistic, not pessimistic. YMMV.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: People honestly still think this is a potential playoff team? They have 3 wins and other than the Browns  (and maybe Bears) I don't see any sure wins in the rest of their schedule. The best we can hope for is it will hopefully be Marvin's last year.

The Bears run the ball extremely well. I wouldn't pencil them in as an auto win.

I agree. To get to the playoffs we need to win atleast 9 games. I just don't see us finishing the season 6-3 to get to 9 wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 10:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bears run the ball extremely well. I wouldn't pencil them in as an auto win.

I agree. To get to the playoffs we need to win atleast 9 games. I just don't see us finishing the season 6-3 to get to 9 wins.

There really aren't any auto losses on the schedule this year either. I can't believe how some of us are shook over Jax... Great pass rush. Great secondary.... Horrible offense. If they can sell out on stopping Fournette, they should handle the Jags... That's a big if though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:56 PM)Trademark Wrote: Negative nancy. Don’t hop back on the bandwagon when we are 5-4 in a couple weeks

Trust me, you're the last one to be talking about people jumping on and off a bandwagon. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:43 PM)jason Wrote: There really aren't any auto losses on the schedule this year either. I can't believe how some of us are shook over Jax... Great pass rush. Great secondary.... Horrible offense. If they can sell out on stopping Fournette, they should handle the Jags... That's a big if though.

Agreed. We could win any game on the schedule just like we could lose any game.

Agreed. Jacksonville has looked great at times...but also beatable at times. I think the big hurdle for us isn't stopping Fournette...but actually scoring on them.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 11:43 PM)jason Wrote: There really aren't any auto losses on the schedule this year either. I can't believe how some of us are shook over Jax... Great pass rush. Great secondary.... Horrible offense. If they can sell out on stopping Fournette, they should handle the Jags... That's a big if though.

PG already said he is going to stack the box and make Bortles beat us with his arm. If the linebackers can keep LF in check, good luck with that Blake. I coud see several picks by our corners and safeties in this game. It's a toss up who will come away with the W.
Reply/Quote
Will Dalton survive that pass rush though? I'm fearful it's going to be double digit sacks...

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 01:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will Dalton survive that pass rush though? I'm fearful it's going to be double digit sacks...

No doubt that's a problem. We have weaknesses, but so do they. It's all coming down to who performs.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 01:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will Dalton survive that pass rush though? I'm fearful it's going to be double digit sacks...

My biggest fear also. We have a chance to win however my confidence in the coaches to prepare the team and a good game-plan is lacking.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 01:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No doubt that's a problem. We have weaknesses, but so do they. It's all coming down to who performs.

I'm sure Almighty Marvin has a plan to expose those weaknesses. Now if he can just figure out how to expose the Jags.
Reply/Quote
I don't worry about our defense stopping them. I worry about our offense being able to score against their defense.
Reply/Quote