Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two things I noticed that made me happy
The first thing I noticed was that Dalton forced that ball in to AJ that got picked off. Clearly a bad decision. I dont know if it was cockiness thinking he could get it in there, or that he just didnt see the DB. But after halftime, Dalton didnt try to force anymore balls into places like that again. In fact, on the next two drives, e threw balls out of bounds when he had no play. This made me happy because old Andy would have kept trying to do too much. New Andy learned from his mistake and didnt do it again. To me thats a huge step up in decision making.

The second thing I noticed was on his 5 yd QB keeper dive for a TD. When he was walking to the line, he said something to Bodine. They hiked the ball on first sound before seattle had a chnace to do any shifts. Bodine blocd the NT to the left and Dalton squirted into the endzone. The rest of the Bengals didnt block the same way as Bodine. The media never asked, and nothing was said, but I think Dalton saw that open midlle as they approached the line, told Bodine to go on first sound and block left, and improvised the run on his own taking advantage of the seattle formation. If so, that was also a hell of a decision and awesome to see.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: The first thing I noticed was that Dalton forced that ball in to AJ that got picked off. Clearly a bad decision. I dont know if it was cockiness thinking he could get it in there, or that he just didnt see the DB. But after halftime, Dalton didnt try to force anymore balls into places like that again. In fact, on the next two drives, e threw balls out of bounds when he had no play. This made me happy because old Andy would have kept trying to do too much. New Andy learned from his mistake and didnt do it again. To me thats a huge step up in decision making.

The second thing I noticed was on his 5 yd QB keeper dive for a TD. When he was walking to the line, he said something to Bodine. They hiked the ball on first sound before seattle had a chnace to do any shifts. Bodine blocd the NT to the left and Dalton squirted into the endzone. The rest of the Bengals didnt block the same way as Bodine. The media never asked, and nothing was said, but I think Dalton saw that open midlle as they approached the line, told Bodine to go on first sound and block left, and improvised the run on his own taking advantage of the seattle formation. If so, that was also a hell of a decision and awesome to see.

Good observations Beaker. Dalton is learning and that QB keep was a thing of beauty.

Bodine has been much better this season and that really makes me happy as well.

He still isn't all the way there but you can see Dalton and the line have been pushing him and it is paying off.
Reply/Quote
BADGER, BADGER

Dalton totally saw their wide split on the D-line, no one over the nose and the LBs vacated the middle of the field. I'm glad they put that call in there...great recognition and execution.
Reply/Quote
His emphatic spike of the football after that was pretty good too.
Reply/Quote
That audible was all on Andy, another sign of his continued maturation.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Something I noticed yesterday. On Seattle's first TD there was a blown coverage, and as the play was ending, I saw Dre Kirk throwing his hands up, like "who was supposed to have him". It may have been Leon's guy, because they showed him after that shaking his head.
Having players in every position that know their positions as well as everyone else's responsibilities goes a long way towards consistency.
Also liked that Dre wasn't afraid to show his displeasure.
Do your job and expect everyone else to.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 08:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: The first thing I noticed was that Dalton forced that ball in to AJ that got picked off. Clearly a bad decision. I dont know if it was cockiness thinking he could get it in there, or that he just didnt see the DB. But after halftime, Dalton didnt try to force anymore balls into places like that again. In fact, on the next two drives, e threw balls out of bounds when he had no play. This made me happy because old Andy would have kept trying to do too much. New Andy learned from his mistake and didnt do it again. To me thats a huge step up in decision making.

Yep....he forced one there....but he was a little hurried too....which led to him not seeing the DB....much like Wilson's INT.

The TD was mentioned in the Michael Silver article on Andy and Hue.  It was a wrinkle they put in that gave Andy the option if he saw the defense cheating.  Props to both.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd have to disagree slightly on number 1, mid way through the 3rd Dalton forced a shotgun throw to A.J. on an attempted back shoulder sideline throw, Sherman read it perfectly (this was also in the midst of him moving around for once) and dropped what would've been an interception.

As for the actual int, he simply forgot about Earl, he saw A.J. separate and didn't think to throw back pylon, Earl Thomas was just being Earl Thomas.

To his credit though, 13-15, 135 yards and TD along with the now famous "Badger" audible that validated the immense enormity of his coin purse in the 4th and OT, so it wasn't all done against prevent.
Reply/Quote
Something small I liked, was after Andys TD run, Andy was sitting on the bench next to hue and AJ. As Andy and hue are talking, AJ keeps patting Andy on the back. Does it a few times. Small things like that make me glad that not only are they team mates, but also friends.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:11 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I'd have to disagree slightly on number 1, mid way through the 3rd Dalton forced a shotgun throw to A.J. on an attempted back shoulder sideline throw, Sherman read it perfectly (this was also in the midst of him moving around for once) and dropped what would've been an interception.

As for the actual int, he simply forgot about Earl, he saw A.J. separate and didn't think to throw back pylon, Earl Thomas was just being Earl Thomas.

To his credit though, 13-15, 135 yards and TD along with the now famous "Badger" audible that validated the immense enormity of his coin purse in the 4th and OT, so it wasn't all done against prevent.

If I'm not mistaken.....Dalton threw in a hurry on that play as well.  That was when Winston had came in for Dre , and he didn't exactly set the world on fire.  If memory serves....he took a little out of stepping into that throw due to pressure and got hit to boot.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: If I'm not mistaken.....Dalton threw in a hurry on that play as well.  That was when Winston had came in for Dre , and he didn't exactly set the world on fire.  If memory serves....he took a little out of stepping into that throw due to pressure and got hit to boot.

Damn Wyche, now I gotta rewatch this play again at 12:30 lol....

You were thinking of a different play, starting 5 oline was in, Fisher was actually in for max protection with Hill also, Dalton had a clean pocket, stepped into the throw, made a bad decision.

Play is at 1:06:34
Reply/Quote
Audible was on Andy. Weirdly enough, he didn't take credit for the audible and said it was part of the 'play-calling'.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

I don't think he forced it, I just think he underthrew it, and I remember thinking that when I saw it live.  Either that, or he was expecting AJ to stop and be there for a jump ball, which then it would have been a bad throw, also, but I really don't think he forced it, I just think it was a bad throw.
(10-12-2015, 11:11 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I'd have to disagree slightly on number 1, mid way through the 3rd Dalton forced a shotgun throw to A.J. on an attempted back shoulder sideline throw, Sherman read it perfectly (this was also in the midst of him moving around for once) and dropped what would've been an interception.

Regardless of whether or not he knew about Earl, it should have been back pylon, so I agree with you  ThumbsUp

There's no reason to not to throw back pylon, even if you don't see anyone because it just puts the ball farther away from any defenders that could possibly make a spectacular play on it (turns out that Earl just had to make an average play to intercept it).
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 01:36 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Damn Wyche, now I gotta rewatch this play again at 12:30 lol....

You were thinking of a different play, starting 5 oline was in, Fisher was actually in for max protection with Hill also, Dalton had a clean pocket, stepped into the throw, made a bad decision.

Play is at 1:06:34

Ok.....yeah, I was there, but it's harder to catch everything in person, and trying to appease a 3 year old and a 5 year old in the beating sun....lol.  Thanks for clarifying.  Now I gotta watch the replay!   Wink

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't think he forced it, I just think he underthrew it, and I remember thinking that when I saw it live.  Either that, or he was expecting AJ to stop and be there for a jump ball, which then it would have been a bad throw, also, but I really don't think he forced it, I just think it was a bad throw.

Regardless of whether or not he knew about Earl, it should have been back pylon, so I agree with you  ThumbsUp

There's no reason to not to throw back pylon, even if you don't see anyone because it just puts the ball farther away from any defenders that could possibly make a spectacular play on it (turns out that Earl just had to make an average play to intercept it).

yeah it was a bad play. But Dalton is gonna take shots to AJ when AJ is 1 on 1 like that play and Trust AJ to go get it. Actually it was pretty similar to his only other INT this season i believe...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 03:39 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't think he forced it, I just think he underthrew it, and I remember thinking that when I saw it live.  Either that, or he was expecting AJ to stop and be there for a jump ball, which then it would have been a bad throw, also, but I really don't think he forced it, I just think it was a bad throw.

The INT pass was just plain bad.  AJ was only open for a very brief moment out of his cut but that was it.  The throw was so late a good high school safety could have intercepted it.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 10:42 PM)corpjet Wrote: That audible was all on Andy, another sign of his continued maturation.......

Had to read this twice. Either way, his arm strength has improved.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 07:35 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: The INT pass was just plain bad.  AJ was only open for a very brief moment out of his cut but that was it.  The throw was so late a good high school safety could have intercepted it.

at the same time he AJ attacks it instead of fading into the endzone for it... It could have been a completition.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 11:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: at the same time he AJ attacks it instead of fading into the endzone for it... It could have been a completition.

He seems to not attack it quite often....the sole reason I said he was not elite in the other thread.
Reply/Quote