Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two years ago....
Two years ago we were undefeated at his point in the season.

(sigh) Seems like a lifetime ago doesn't it.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
It may last a lifetime given that it may have bought Marvin 15 more seasons as HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 11:42 AM)jj22 Wrote: It may last a lifetime given that it may have bought Marvin 15 more seasons as HC.

Halloween was last month. It's time to stop with the horror stories.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 11:35 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Two years ago we were undefeated at his point in the season.

(sigh) Seems like a lifetime ago doesn't it.

Then got beat down by Houston (In Primetime) and haven't been the same.........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
??"Cmon guys it was 2 years ago we came out of the gate 8-0. We still
Have a lot of football left and we control our own destiny. Let's finish strong and make a run out there" ??
Reply/Quote
Two Days ago Marvin told his team to pretend like they were undefeated...

“I told the guys this morning, they have to act like they’re 9-0,” Lewis said. “That’s the thing. There’s no difference – we wouldn’t be doing things any differently. We have to push just as hard. We have to pull teeth out there today and put feet in the back of rears all day. It really wouldn’t be any different (if we had a different record), and we have to understand that. We have a game that matters on Sunday, and the records aren’t going to matter.”
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 12:59 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Two Days ago Marvin told his team to pretend like they were undefeated...

“I told the guys this morning, they have to act like they’re 9-0,” Lewis said. “That’s the thing. There’s no difference – we wouldn’t be doing things any differently. We have to push just as hard. We have to pull teeth out there today and put feet in the back of rears all day. It really wouldn’t be any different (if we had a different record), and we have to understand that. We have a game that matters on Sunday, and the records aren’t going to matter.”

Sorry to reply to my own message, but the players believe it..? Delusional?

“We control our own destiny,” A.J. Green said. “Keep winning and see what happens. We still got the same energy. Nothing has changed, we just aren’t winning the games we needed to. We still have the same energy. Nobody is hanging their hats. Nobody is feeling sorry for their self. We just have to go and play.”

“It’s a matter of we don’t want to be that team you look back at the end of the day, well, look at their record,” running back Giovani Bernard said. “It’s up to every single player to continue to keep doing what they are doing. To continue to keep correcting mistakes they have made throughout the season to really just do better. At the end of the day, man, that’s really all we can do.”
Reply/Quote
Let's get positive.  Last year the Chiefs were a so-so team before they went on a tear and made the playoffs and laid an egg against the Steelers.  We could be that team!  We can go on a tear and lose to the Steelers at home in the playoffs again!  Get positive!  WE CAN DO IT!

[Image: atp7he.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 01:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's get positive.  Last year the Chiefs were a so-so team before they went on a tear and made the playoffs and laid an egg against the Steelers.  We could be that team!  We can go on a tear and lose to the Steelers at home in the playoffs again!  Get positive!  WE CAN DO IT!

No, we cant. We have almost no chance of wining the division even if we won out.

We could go on a tear and lose IN Pittsburgh though
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 01:30 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: We could go on a tear and lose IN Pittsburgh though

What a twist!  I like it.
Reply/Quote
I'd say there is a 35% chance that we win our next 2 games. We could theoretically beat Denver and Cleveland and be 5-6.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 01:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say there is a 35% chance that we win our next 2 games. We could theoretically beat Denver and Cleveland and be 5-6.

I never knew you were such an optimist Pistons
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 12:48 PM)corpjet Wrote: Then got beat down by Houston (In Primetime) and haven't been the same.........

True. That was the start. The PIT playoff game was the capper. Team hasn't been the same since.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
And we are well under 500 since then. I think we won 13 out of the last 34.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 01:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say there is a 35% chance that we win our next 2 games. We could theoretically beat Denver and Cleveland and be 5-6.

I hope not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 12:57 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: ??"Cmon guys it was 2 years ago we came out of the gate 8-0.  We still
Have a lot of football left and we control our own destiny.  Let's finish strong and make a run out there" ??

You made this post 3 hrs ago? For a moment I thought I was reading a thread from week 2.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Denver is going to wear down and man handle both of our lines, Og may finally get Dalton killed on a blind side sack this week, and the Browns are going to win their first game when they play in Cincy.

This team is pathetic.

( If you were Dalton and Green- how would you feel about an organization that let Whit walk and which refuses to replace Bodine no matter ho badly he gets pushed around or thrown into Dalton's face- truly hope they let Green walk after this season. He does not deserve this nonsense)
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 01:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Let's get positive.  Last year the Chiefs were a so-so team before they went on a tear and made the playoffs and laid an egg against the Steelers.  We could be that team!  We can go on a tear and lose to the Steelers at home in the playoffs again!  Get positive!  WE CAN DO IT!

Lol, Splinter from the old ninja turtles game. That was a lifetime ago ha Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 02:19 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: True. That was the start. The PIT playoff game was the capper. Team hasn't been the same since.

Yup,

The Houston game got it started then the Arizona game just sent this team in a downward spiral they're still spinning in.

I'm not totally sure what happened but this team has had no MOJO, no spark, no life, since those two games.

Then the Pittsburgh fubar was the slam dunk that they've never really recovered form !
Reply/Quote
The thread title got me excited. I thought we were gonna rap Sucker MCs by Run DMC.

"Two years ago a friend of mine
Asked me to say some MC ryhmes..."

No? Nobody else?

I'm sorry.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote