Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tycen Anderson
5th round pick S Tycen Anderson has been languishing on IR (mainly to avoid placing him on the PS) since injuring his hamstring in the last preseason game, but on the cusp of the playoffs, he has been cleared to practice.

This is likely just to give him some time running plays before the end of the season and before free agency in the off season But who knows, he can add some speed to the defensive backfield.

I saw a comment that he might actually be playing scout team QB this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:41 PM)pally Wrote: 5th round pick S Tycen Anderson has been languishing on IR (mainly to avoid placing him on the PS)  since injuring his hamstring in the last preseason game, but on the cusp of the playoffs, he has been cleared to practice.

This is likely just to give him some time running plays before the end of the season and before free agency in the off season  But who knows, he can add some speed to the defensive backfield.

The S room is full. Bell, Bates, Hill, and Thomas.  Plus CTB has experience in college back there. I doubt Lou is eager to entrust the back end of the D in a PO game to a guy playing his first NFL game. 

But if we decide to IR Cappa (knock on wood), Anderson could help on special teams. 

Next year, I think he's a roster lock. Hill + Anderson for sure. 

Then take two of Bell (more likely), Bates (unlikely), a draft pick (more likely if they both get away in FA), Brandon Wilson (has a contract for next year at $2 mil), and Michael Thomas (ST Captain). 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The S room is full. Bell, Bates, Hill, and Thomas.  Plus CTB has experience in college back there. I doubt Lou is eager to entrust the back end of the D in a PO game to a guy playing his first NFL game. 

But if we decide to IR Cappa (knock on wood), Anderson could help on special teams. 

Next year, I think he's a roster lock. Hill + Anderson for sure. 

Then take two of Bell (more likely), Bates (unlikely), a draft pick (more likely if they both get away in FA), Brandon Wilson (has a contract for next year at $2 mil), and Michael Thomas (ST Captain). 

yeah, I'm thinking they just want to get another look at him before the off-season with Bell and Bates both free agents

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: yeah, I'm thinking they just want to get another look at him before the off-season with Bell and Bates both free agents

Higgins not at practice
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:53 PM)pally Wrote: yeah, I'm thinking they just want to get another look at him before the off-season with Bell and Bates both free agents

He’s a ST’s beast. Could be the reason.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:41 PM)pally Wrote: 5th round pick S Tycen Anderson has been languishing on IR (mainly to avoid placing him on the PS)  since injuring his hamstring in the last preseason game, but on the cusp of the playoffs, he has been cleared to practice.

This is likely just to give him some time running plays before the end of the season and before free agency in the off season  But who knows, he can add some speed to the defensive backfield.

As I recall, CTB impersonated Lamar the first time we played them.  According to reports from the defense he did a heck of a job running around and throwing 60-yard bombs.  CTB has a somewhat more significant role this week.  So letting an athlete like Anderson impersonate Jackson/Hundley/Brown makes a lot of sense.

And as Leonardfan40 said, Tycen is a special teams stud.  If we get past Baltimore and Buffalo takes care of Miami, we will need all hands on deck next week vs. Nyheim "Double House Call" Hines.  
Reply/Quote