Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd
(07-06-2016, 03:29 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree, but I think the best thing a parent can do is to help him find an experienced, reputable financial professional who knows how to make the money last.  Listen, it matters nothing to me... I just know that a lot of people take on too much financial strain and end up back to broke (especially if they have a short career and/or don't get a big second contract).

$4 million is a lot of money, but it's not "we're rich and no one ever has to worry about anything again" money.

Especially when young kids just out of college get it and go buying things like big houses and fancy cars, and then just spend crazy amounts of money on stupid things.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 12:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not concerned with how he spends his money as long as it is not felonious.

Just hope the kid can help our Bengals win.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 03:29 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree, but I think the best thing a parent can do is to help him find an experienced, reputable financial professional who knows how to make the money last.  Listen, it matters nothing to me... I just know that a lot of people take on too much financial strain and end up back to broke (especially if they have a short career and/or don't get a big second contract).

$4 million is a lot of money, but it's not "we're rich and no one ever has to worry about anything again" money.
Having Mama in the loop for the next few years should be a good thing. The rookie contract does not really require an agent as the contracts are not slotted, so anyone can ask the see pick #23 and #25 contracts and then go in the middle. It is contract $2 now that he will need an expert.

No doubt finding a reputable financial advisor who only has advisory rights and no control of decisions or access to the money would be wise. All too many times, these guys are too trusting and allow this so called experts to steal their money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
As far as his on-the-field opportunities go, I think he will be a great addition in the slot. Good length, can get vertical, great hands. The Bengals have been needing a TJ to pair with Green for some time. I loved Marvin Jones, especially his vertical speed and his play on screens, but he was more of an X receiver than slot.

Sanu was solid in the slot, but did go through a period of drops. The word that comes to mind when I watch Boyd is "fluid". He just moves so smooth and changes direction so easily. His hands and leaping ability are outstanding. Combine all of this with the fact that he probably had some of the worst QB play in all of Division I and I think the kid will be a great addition.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote