Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd
Hey, our rookie Boyd might "fumble" at the most importune of times, but at least he's not broken yet http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000707143/article/browns-wideout-corey-coleman-suffers-broken-hand
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:36 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Hey, our rookie Boyd might "fumble" at the most importune of times, but at least he's not broken yet http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000707143/article/browns-wideout-corey-coleman-suffers-broken-hand

You do NOT jinx football karma!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Injuries have taken their toll on our rookie class. They've actually been quite lucky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Rook played a good game. Hope that bs fumble call doesn't weigh on him. Everyone with eyes knows it wasn't a fumble.
Reply/Quote
Doubt it weighs on him at all. Not his fault he got ****** over by an insane call.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:39 PM)pally Wrote: You do NOT jinx football karma!

I don't beleive in karma, but I do recall the last time we yucked it up because I guy we wanted to draft got hurt our 1st round pick got IR-ed immediately after.

[Image: scooby.jpg~c200]
Reply/Quote
Like the kid and thinks he pans out well for us.

Sucks he got hosed in his hometown by refs though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 10:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Like the kid and thinks he pans out well for us.

Sucks he got hosed in his hometown by refs though.

Nice call

You bring up "hometown". Do you think he was in on the fix??
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:36 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Hey, our rookie Boyd might "fumble" at the most importune of times

His knee was down.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 11:16 PM)Beaker Wrote: His knee was down.

For damn sure and Uzomah scored a TD. Can't keep it close like that though cuz the refs will screw us everytime...
Reply/Quote
I see Boyd as the new Housh...fluid, great hands, knows how to work the zones....

I see AJ as the new Chad. He has more length than Chad and possibly better hands but no one could change direction like the Ocho.

I am not sure who wants to be the new Henry. I have high hopes for Core, as he has the size and vertical speed. Here's to hoping he makes the most of his opportunity.

But I really, really like what I see out of Boyd. His QBs at pitt always sucked big time. He is showing what he can do with good QB play. I think he has a big day at his first home game.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 11:05 PM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Nice call

You bring up "hometown". Do you think he was in on the fix??

Ha and know you joke,

Definitely kid had a good game for Bengals and refs blew it for his hometown spoiler hero bid. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:08 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I see Boyd as the new Housh...fluid, great hands, knows how to work the zones....

I see AJ as the new Chad.  He has more length than Chad and possibly better hands but no one could change direction like the Ocho.

I am not sure who wants to be the new Henry.  I have high hopes for Core, as he has the size and vertical speed.  Here's to hoping he makes the most of his opportunity.

But I really, really like what I see out of Boyd.  His QBs at pitt always sucked big time.  He is showing what he can do with good QB play.  I think he has a big day at his first home game.

Could come in next year's draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:08 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I see Boyd as the new Housh...fluid, great hands, knows how to work the zones....

I see AJ as the new Chad.  He has more length than Chad and possibly better hands but no one could change direction like the Ocho.

I am not sure who wants to be the new Henry.  I have high hopes for Core, as he has the size and vertical speed.  Here's to hoping he makes the most of his opportunity.

But I really, really like what I see out of Boyd.  His QBs at pitt always sucked big time.  He is showing what he can do with good QB play.  I think he has a big day at his first home game.

To be 100% honest, I think Boyd's game greatly reminds me of Chad more than Green. Boyd's route running is pretty great, as was Chad's.

Some people may argue that "Chad is faster than Boyd". Which, I mean, Boyd posted a 4.58 in the combine and Chad a 4.57.

I'm not saying Boyd will be as good as Chad, although I REALLY hope he is. But a lot of Boyd's strengths are the same as Chad's. Both have great hands, good in route running, quick, and had a very good grasp of zone coverage and how to beat it.

Seriously, go back and look at some plays by Johnson and look at some plays by Boyd (college and NFL) and you'll see some similarities in playing style.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 04:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: To be 100% honest, I think Boyd's game greatly reminds me of Chad more than Green. Boyd's route running is pretty great, as was Chad's.

Some people may argue that "Chad is faster than Boyd". Which, I mean, Boyd posted a 4.58 in the combine and Chad a 4.57.

I'm not saying Boyd will be as good as Chad, although I REALLY hope he is. But a lot of Boyd's strengths are the same as Chad's. Both have great hands, good in route running, quick, and had a very good grasp of zone coverage and how to beat it.

Seriously, go back and look at some plays by Johnson and look at some plays by Boyd (college and NFL) and you'll see some similarities in playing style.

As long as he doesn't change his name to Ocho Tres  Nervous
Reply/Quote
Controversal fumble. I understand both sides of the argument. Other than that SINGLE play, he has exceeded my expectations through the first few games. He'll get more targets over time.

Reply/Quote
Boyd will be a legit #2 behind Green, we will be saying Marvin Jones who in no time at all.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Only going to get better....
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 09:15 AM)corpjet Wrote: Boyd will be a legit #2 behind Green, we will be saying Marvin Jones who in no time at all.......

The kid broke all of Larry Fitzgerald's records at Pitt. He's definitely capable of being better than Marvin Jones, imo.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 09:42 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Only going to get better....

Look at the Bengals two Super Bowl seasons.

1981....Key player was 2nd round rookie WR Cris Collinsworth (100 receiving back when they was unheard of from rookies)

1988...Key player was 2nd round rookie RB Icky Woods (1000 rushing and 5.0 yards per carry)
Reply/Quote