Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd
(10-11-2016, 06:18 PM)jason Wrote: He's a rookie WR. Only the best of the best step up, and be difference makers.... Moss, Boldin, Green, Julio guys like that do it. Tyler Boyd isn't on that level.

Not really true anymore. Likely due to offensive favoritism, many rookie WR have been succeeding who aren't elite guys.

Kelvin Benjamin
Amari Cooper
Keenan Allen
Etc

(Would look up more, but I am on my phone.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:31 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Goo has a lot of yards from scrimmage this year. He normally does every year. Gio is a lot better than what you think.

I don't see it, yeah he gets his little yards when it's 3rd and 25 and they dump off to him and he runs for 15.he'll get a swing pass a couple times and lucky to go for ten at most, he's a dump off back that hasn't been doing much. I like hill better myself. I'd give him the majority of the carries. If you want gio on the field, get them both on the field at the same time, bring him in on third down, or get him some slot time. I kjust don't see the good gio no more like I used to see. He usually gets hit hard or caught more often then not
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:15 PM)brian5562 Wrote: Time for this young man to step up and be a difference maker.

Tell that to the ******* trying to play O'line. 

Reply/Quote
I like hill better myself. I'd give him the majority of the carries

Just not with the wildcard on the line. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not really true anymore. Likely due to offensive favoritism, many rookie WR have been succeeding who aren't elite guys.

Kelvin Benjamin
Amari Cooper
Keenan Allen
Etc

(Would look up more, but I am on my phone.)
Hell Will Fuller is having a pretty good year right now. I agree on all if those guys you mentioned. I really like Amari Cooper. He's just scratching the surface I think too. Benjamin is just a freak... I don't think Boyd is the same caliber player as any of those guys though... Maybe I'm wrong. That happens a lot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:12 PM)jason Wrote: Hell Will Fuller is having a pretty good year right now. I agree on all if those guys you mentioned. I really like Amari Cooper. He's just scratching the surface I think too. Benjamin is just a freak... I don't think Boyd is the same caliber player as any of those guys though... Maybe I'm wrong. That happens a lot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:12 PM)jason Wrote: Hell Will Fuller is having a pretty good year right now. I agree on all if those guys you mentioned. I really like Amari Cooper. He's just scratching the surface I think too. Benjamin is just a freak... Do you think I don't think Boyd is the same caliber player as any of those guys though... Maybe I'm wrong. That happens a lot.

Just saying none of those guys are Moss, Bolding, Julio, or Green.

Also not saying Boyd is any of the guys I listed. I am just saying it's become quite common now for rookie WRs to be able to come in and have success now in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just saying none of those guys are Moss, Bolding, Julio, or Green.

Also not saying Boyd is any of the guys I listed. I am just saying it's become quite common now for rookie WRs to be able to come in and have success now in the NFL.
I was in the middle of editing that post when you replied. I wasn't asking "Do you think I don't think..." Blah blah... Just meant to say "I don't think Tyler Boyd ..." will be that type of player. He's a nice player in the making though. I never expected him to "Step up", and make a difference right away.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 10:40 PM)jason Wrote: I was in the middle of editing that post when you replied. I wasn't asking "Do you think I don't think..." Blah blah... Just meant to say "I don't think Tyler Boyd ..." will be that type of player. He's a nice player in the making though. I never expected him to "Step up", and make a difference right away.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Boyd yet. Haven't really made a proper opinion on him yet. Granted that's pretty hard to do with Dalton having no time to throw. For all I know, Boyd could be the world's greatest deep route runner, but hell if we'll ever find out with Dalton getting hit 2 or less seconds after the ball is snapped.

Reply/Quote
I think Boyd will be okay. He's dropped a couple including a TD but will learn.

Much more to the point, ALL the receivers need to change their route running until the OL gets its act together (if it ever does). They need to keep focused back on the pocket and if they see it breakdown break back towards the QB so Andy will have targets when he is scrambling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 07:26 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'm really starting to think gio is way overrated with our fans, it's been awhile that I've thought he was actually good. Seems like our fans try to make him to be Barry sanders.he got his carries last game and hardly helped us. 
Hes not a traditional running back, this is why we drafted Hill.  Its a hell of a lot harder to defend Gio than Hill.  And didn't he average like 5 a carry last week?  Not his fault they were behind the whole game.
Reply/Quote
I'll say this Boyd has got to be a star for us, for us to succeed this year
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:15 PM)brian5562 Wrote: Time for this young man to step up and be a difference maker.

There's quite a list of things not right with this squad right now but Tyler Boyd is not near the top of that list for me.

He was only ever going to start out being 4th/5th passing option behind Green,LaFell, Eifert,Gio.

I think we will see him more involved as the season progresses and I'm hoping on 3rd down he becomes more of a factor.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 05:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The only thing that can salvage these Bengals is if the O-line and D-line step up their game several notches.

Many, many notches for O-line.

In other threads, across other sites, and in ratings like PFF, I see Zeitler having a surprisingly bad year. However, it does make me wonder if it's completely his fault given he has a turnstile on either side of him. I think that if/when we see Ogbuehi and/or Bodine (finally) improve consistently, Zeitler will improve as well. Hard for him to try and handle the entire right side all by himself.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 09:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: In other threads, across other sites, and in ratings like PFF, I see Zeitler having a surprisingly bad year. However, it does make me wonder if it's completely his fault given he has a turnstile on either side of him. I think that if/when we see Ogbuehi and/or Bodine (finally) improve consistently, Zeitler will improve as well. Hard for him to try and handle the entire right side all by himself.

LOL

This is so dumb and beyond reality. Zeitler playing like crap is on Zeitler, not on anyone else. He is the one getting blown up and the dude has 2 mental errors (penalties) a game recently.

Zeitler is having a bad year and needs to be held accountable. He can't handle one on one assignments for some reason, that has nothing to do with the rest of the line. Boling is to the left of Bodine and he has been our best OL in 2016 which shoots your question down.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 10:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

This is so dumb and beyond reality. Zeitler playing like crap is on Zeitler, not on anyone else. He is the one getting blown up and the dude has 2 mental errors (penalties) a game recently.

Zeitler is having a bad year and needs to be held accountable. He can't handle one on one assignments for some reason, that has nothing to do with the rest of the line. Boling is to the left of Bodine and he has been our best OL in 2016 which shoots your question down.

Except it doesn't because Boling has Whit to the other side. So Boling only has one turnstile to worry about. Zeitler has two.

Your wording sounds like you are twisting my wording. I did not say that Zeitler's poor performance is not his fault, which you claim I was saying. I said it may not be entirely his fault because of who he has on either side.

Zeitler should be held accountable and I was not trying to say he shouldn't, but it's not completely impossible that part of his struggles could be due to the performance of those adjacent to him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 06:18 PM)jason Wrote: He's a rookie WR. Only the best of the best step up, and be difference makers.... Moss, Boldin, Green, Julio guys like that do it. Tyler Boyd isn't on that level.

Exactly.  There is a reason the guy was taken in the second round.  Not saying he can't be a good NFL wide receiver, but the chances of him making a real difference are pretty slim.
Reply/Quote
He had a nice game Sunday. Hopefully it continues he can help our offense spread things out and be dynamic.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:52 PM)brian5562 Wrote: He had a nice game Sunday. Hopefully it continues he can help our offense spread things out and be dynamic.

Yeah he did, other than Lafell's TD, he was our best receiver against the Patriots.

Nice seeing Dalton have Boyd as his first option a couple of times. I saw a few new routes using Boyd that i was hoping to see.

Slant route to AJ as well. Need to see more of these routes where they are just not curls pretty much every play.
Reply/Quote