Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd 1st Half?
I was at the game so didn't hear the broadcast nor did I hear it mentioned on the post game show.

Didn't see him get any snaps the first half? Did the announcers mention anything? Was he suspended/in the dog house?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
We ran a lot of plays out of 12 personnel and 21 personnel in the first half, so he wouldn't be on the field for those snaps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We ran a lot of plays out of 12 personnel and 21 personnel in the first half, so he wouldn't be on the field for those snaps.

What does that mean (man I thought I was somewhat football smart, lol)............seemed like J Wright was getting snaps instead of T Boyd...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:39 PM)corpjet Wrote: What does that mean (man I thought I was somewhat football smart, lol)............seemed like J Wright was getting snaps instead of T Boyd...

12= 1 back/2 TE's
21= 2back/1 TE

Both mean only 2 WR's and are more likely to be running plays. Boyd is 3rd WR and not as polished a blocker as LaFell so he won't be on the field in those ones 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:39 PM)corpjet Wrote: What does that mean (man I thought I was somewhat football smart, lol)............seemed like J Wright was getting snaps instead of T Boyd...

The first digit is the number of backs.  The second digit is tight ends.

This nomenclature therefore identifies the number of players of each position of eligible receivers using just two digits.

In 12 personnel, we know that we have 1 RB and 2 TEs.

21 personnel, would be a two back set with 1 TE in the game.

Both scenarios only allow 2 WRs.

If we go three wide and still have a RB and a TE, we are in 11 personnel.

5 wide is 00 personnel, etc.
Reply/Quote
So....we out coached ourselves?
Reply/Quote