Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
William Jackson lll 2018
We had the best CB in the NFL the 2nd half of the season with WJ3. Sad part is if Adam Jones stayed healthy we would've never known that to be the case. Cant wait for his 2018 campaign with WJ3 and Dennard locking down the outside. He probably should've been a pro bowler this year but if he stays healthy he's first team all pro material in 2018.
Reply/Quote
We all were saying it and it was definitely confirmed in the last half of the season: Dennard is wayyy better on the outside than in the slot.

And WJIII is money for sure. Still get's faked on the double move here and there (who doesn't?) but the dude has premier closing speed to make up for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
While we're at it cut DreK - or if they are worried about the cap hit make him some kind of reserve player. He is a major liability in pass coverage.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:55 AM)Joelist Wrote: While we're at it cut DreK - or if they are worried about the cap hit make him some kind of reserve player. He is a major liability in pass coverage.

Or move him over to the safety position although I doubt he'd do any better there.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:13 AM)grampahol Wrote: Or move him over to the safety position although I doubt he'd do any better there.. 

I think he would. His bread and butter has always been playing off the WR and being able to keep the WR in front of him. When they ask him to press is when he starts having issues.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:13 AM)grampahol Wrote: Or move him over to the safety position although I doubt he'd do any better there.. 

But he sure can't tackle
Reply/Quote
William Jackson is a prime example of holding people back too long. A big majority of people on this board knew very early that Jackson was a superior player, In addition I have a group of red hot Bengal fans who were of the same mind, and that group includes about 90 percent people who have played and coached.

All of us wanted Jackson on the field for mucho snaps right away. You could easily see his unusual talent, his quickness, his closing speed, his outstanding footwork around the receiver, his ball skills and spatial judgement. Not only did we not bring him up for the last four or five games last year, but we took our own sweet time getting him snaps this year. If not for the injury situation, that same crap would have continued.

Now when they write about him, they call him an all-pro in waiting. Hell, we all knew it. Where were the coaches?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:53 AM)Thundercloud Wrote:   Where were the coaches?

Teaching him the zone schemes, which he struggled at....
Reply/Quote