Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Tyler Boyd Appreciation Thread
Boyd is a man's man, all there is to it. Am I the only one that thinks that should've been PI on the no look catch? I think Joe saw it, and is why he fired it in there so fast.

This guy is the definition of clutch. Has been for a while now. His 2nd year was shaky, but otherwise, he's been balling.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
is truck_1_0_1 your alternate account, he likes all your posts. i mean kevin durant did it so I'd understand
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 06:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: is truck_1_0_1 your alternate account, he likes all your posts. i mean kevin durant did it so I'd understand

I know I said we'd avoid each other, but it's hilarious that I clearly live in YOUR head too.

And it's a capital, "T."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He knocked the ravens out of the playoffs.

The man's a hero.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 03:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we all just agree Boyd has turned into an absolute stud for us? Guy is the best slot receiver in the league right now, and I’m not sure it’s even particularly close. The no-look catch he made in the red zone against the Titans was just absolutely ridiculous. I never watched him at Pitt much, but I can see why he broke all of Larry Fitzgerald’s records.

He’s currently 2nd in the league in receptions (54), and 9th in receiving yds (584). The only category he’s not top 10 in is TD’s (he’s 15th with 3). Just wanted to give our best WR some props instead of arguing over the other guys.

Boyd deserves this thread, nice one Nicomo. That was an absolutely ridiculous catch, barely caught the ball in the corner of his eye...

Amazing play, so true, best Slot Receiver in the NFL who just knows how to run crisp routes and get open.

So happy we gave this guy an extension and he will be around a bit.

Favorite clutch player since Housh for us and Boyd might be better, one could easily argue as much.

Boyd is so underrated it is criminal.
Reply/Quote
I said a coupla weeks ago that when it’s all said and done he may just be the best Bengal receiver in history.

I just changed my fantasy teams name to The Beastie Boyd’s. Prolly not that original but Boyd is a beast.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 01:50 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I just think he is or will soon be outperforming his contract and people will get in his ear. 

I’m not worried about that at all. He seems like a team guy, and we actually gave him a pretty fair contract (think he’s making 10 mil per?).

(11-03-2020, 06:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: is truck_1_0_1 your alternate account, he likes all your posts. i mean kevin durant did it so I'd understand

First of all, great contribution to the thread. Secondly, why do you even care? And lastly, what does some basketball player have to do with anything? You might understand, but I certainly don’t...

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:42 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I said a coupla weeks ago that when it’s all said and done he may just be the best Bengal receiver in history.

I just changed my fantasy teams name to The Beastie Boyd’s. Prolly not that original but Boyd is a beast.

This is a bit much. I said the same about AJ at one point thinking it looked like a lock. And that clearly didn’t happen. Chad was an All Pro.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is a bit much. I said the same about AJ at one point thinking it looked like a lock. And that clearly didn’t happen. Chad was an All Pro.

I still give chad the nod over AJ but that’s just me.

It may be a bit much- we’ll see.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is a bit much. I said the same about AJ at one point thinking it looked like a lock. And that clearly didn’t happen. Chad was an All Pro.

(11-03-2020, 09:49 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I still give chad the nod over AJ but that’s just me.

It may be a bit much- we’ll see.

Boyd and Housh were more clutch than Chad IMO...

But yeah, Chad was our best WR besides Isaac, Isaac just lived in a time where the WR wouldn't get the ball near as much.

Chad did amazing things, crispest route runner with the best toe tap maybe ever.
Reply/Quote
He was mic’d up vs Cleveland. Love this dude.

https://youtu.be/N8HjJ-7jLuU

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 06:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boyd is a man's man, all there is to it. Am I the only one that thinks that should've been PI on the no look catch? I think Joe saw it, and is why he fired it in there so fast.

This guy is the definition of clutch. Has been for a while now. His 2nd year was shaky, but otherwise, he's been balling.

He's totally amazing.   The no look catch may be one of the top 5 catches ever.  I've never seen one like it.

Then there's the fact that he and Burrow are so much on the same page.  So that either Burrow knew that if Boyd was going to be able to make a catch it was to his right, or he was just throwing it in order to get the PI call.

Anyway you look at it the two are just freaking amazing!   And now Higgens and Tate are emerging and Green is still commanding the other teams' best corners.

Very very encouraging.   And to the OP thanks for the thread.  Boyd has been a stud - and improving every year since year 2.   I haven't enjoyed a game that much in a long long time.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But yeah, Chad was our best WR besides Isaac, Isaac just lived in a time where the WR wouldn't get the ball near as much.

I never got to see Isaac Curtis play, but I've always wondered if one of you older guys who got to see him could run me through his career past year 4.

His first 4 seasons he averaged roughly 800 yards and 8 TD's a season.  From years 5 through 12, he never hit 800 yards again, and only hit 8 TD's once.  He had TD totals in those final 8 seasons of 2, 3, 8, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 0 (Average of 2.75 TD's a season)

What's even stranger is, the league expanded to a 16 game schedule in his 6th season (14 game schedule in years 1-5).  One would assume his numbers would increase, not decrease with two additional games of statistics.

He did have two seasons cut short by injury, which explain lesser numbers.  And obviously guys decline over time, which explains his final years.  But I'm wondering what happened in a lot of those other seasons.

He had Ken Anderson for the entirity of his career.  The team had some really good years throughout his career, not just in his first 4 seasons.  Collinsworth didn't arrive until late in his career.

Did an injury kinda change his game, or did we start to spread the ball around more?  Just curious.
Reply/Quote
Boyd is just all round awesome.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 03:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we all just agree Boyd has turned into an absolute stud for us? Guy is the best slot receiver in the league right now, and I’m not sure it’s even particularly close. The no-look catch he made in the red zone against the Titans was just absolutely ridiculous. I never watched him at Pitt much, but I can see why he broke all of Larry Fitzgerald’s records.

He’s currently 2nd in the league in receptions (54), and 9th in receiving yds (584). The only category he’s not top 10 in is TD’s (he’s 15th with 3). Just wanted to give our best WR some props instead of arguing over the other guys.

One of the most underrated players in the league over the last 3 years.. love his style.. just show up and play... 
Reply/Quote
TB is clutch.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2020, 01:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I never got to see Isaac Curtis play, but I've always wondered if one of you older guys who got to see him could run me through his career past year 4.

His first 4 seasons he averaged roughly 800 yards and 8 TD's a season.  From years 5 through 12, he never hit 800 yards again, and only hit 8 TD's once.  He had TD totals in those final 8 seasons of 2, 3, 8, 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 0 (Average of 2.75 TD's a season)

What's even stranger is, the league expanded to a 16 game schedule in his 6th season (14 game schedule in years 1-5).  One would assume his numbers would increase, not decrease with two additional games of statistics.

He did have two seasons cut short by injury, which explain lesser numbers.  And obviously guys decline over time, which explains his final years.  But I'm wondering what happened in a lot of those other seasons.

He had Ken Anderson for the entirity of his career.  The team had some really good years throughout his career, not just in his first 4 seasons.  Collinsworth didn't arrive until late in his career.

Did an injury kinda change his game, or did we start to spread the ball around more?  Just curious.

I am not THAT old, I am 38, lol

I have watched some of the old film and Isaac Curtis just had great hands and speed like no other WR before him.

I honestly have the same questions to the older fans about Isaac on why he fell off...

???
Reply/Quote
Boyd is a poor man's combo of Peter Warrick and TJ Houshmandzadeh. He has sweet route running moves, just not as crisp as Housh and can get open, just not as sharp in his cuts as Warrick. Pre-injury, Warrick was easily the best WR at getting open in Bengals history. Amazing cutting ability. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Johnson were probably the best route runners in team history. They spoiled us, actually.

If they can get Sample going or pick up an even better TE, Boyd will be even more effective and harder to take out of plays by the defense.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote