Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd EATING
I know everyone is bent out of shape bc our first round WR John Ross still looks like trash and caused at least one if not two of Dalton’s interceptions. But my god counting last seasons game versus Baltimore Tyler Boyd has really stepped up and looks like our legitimate number 2 WR. Even when green went down he stepped up and made some big plays. Let’s pray AJ is back fully next week.

And to the dude who blasted me for saying Dre K sucks even though he had an average game against Baltimore. He’s always been and always will be a liability out there even if we had a lot more concerning issues against Carolina including pass rush, contain, and run d, Dre is still what he’ll always be an overpaid liability
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No doubt...only positive I can take away from this game is the play of Tyler Boyd. Guy getting better every time he steps on the field. Hate that Ross looking like he's still not getting it, but if Boyd keeps playing like this, don't know if missing on Ross will impact the Bengals too much in the long run.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:57 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I know everyone is bent out of shape bc our first round WR John Ross still looks like trash and caused at least one if not two of Dalton’s interceptions. But my god counting last seasons game versus Baltimore Tyler Boyd has really stepped up and looks like our legitimate number 2 WR. Even when green went down he stepped up and made some big plays. Let’s pray AJ is back fully next week.

And to the dude who blasted me for saying Dre K sucks even though he had an average game against Baltimore. He’s always been and always will be a liability out there even if we had a lot more concerning issues against Carolina including pass rush, contain, and run d, Dre is still what he’ll always be an overpaid liability

Why only start with the buffalo game?

Given the opportunity Boyd has been productive as a WR ever since he stepped on an NFL field as a rookie.

All last season we had the debates about John Ross being the WR2, Lafell is the WR2, Cody Core is emerging, Josh Malone could be the guy , blah blah blah.

If Ross had even one game like Boyd all his fanboys would be shouting how he is proving himself now as a top 10 pick...meanwhile Boyd keeps on doing it and we take him for granted.  He's having a really good season and hope it continues.
Reply/Quote
Not ready to throw Ross in the trash heap but he definitely needs to lose some play-time.

If AJ is healthy Ross should be 4-5th receiving option.

AJ, Boyd, TEs, Malone, Ross, Core

In that order.

He just hasn't shown enough to merit anything more since draft status/40 time.

Hell Mixon and Gio are probably over him in my book and they're RBs !

No... I didn't forget about Erickson but he probably should be kept to ST's mostly.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Boyd was one of the few bright spots today.
Reply/Quote
Boyd has been our MVP so far.

Reply/Quote
I have a feeling we're going to see a lot less of Ross as time goes on unless he can show that the light has come on during real games. Personally I think he's missing just a tiny something...maybe it's overcoming fear of injuries. Who knows, but he does have talent. It certainly seems like Andy was willing to give him every opportunity for redemption as was the coaching staff. Perhaps it'll click against Atlanta ,but then his very presence on the field means someone else isn't going to be out there. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 05:57 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I know everyone is bent out of shape bc our first round WR John Ross still looks like trash and caused at least one if not two of Dalton’s interceptions. But my god counting last seasons game versus Baltimore Tyler Boyd has really stepped up and looks like our legitimate number 2 WR. Even when green went down he stepped up and made some big plays. Let’s pray AJ is back fully next week.

Boyd is really coming into his own this season.  Last year was a setback, but he was making strides his rookie season.  This year seems to be what we should expect from him.  Damn glad I picked him up out of the FA pool in my fantasy league....lol.

As for Ross.....he has a ways to go.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Boyd was one of the few bright spots today.

I wouldn't say that.....Gio had a nice game, AJ had a pretty good game going....Eifert made some plays.....Dalton actually played pretty well, INTs notwithstanding.  Also, the team did not implode after the turnovers like usual.....still had a shot on the road against a good team.  All in all, not really a bad loss.

Defense, on the other hand......

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't say that.....Gio had a nice game, AJ had a pretty good game going....Eifert made some plays.....Dalton actually played pretty well, INTs notwithstanding.  Also, the team did not implode after the turnovers like usual.....still had a shot on the road against a good team.  All in all, not really a bad loss.

The defense made 2 crucial stops to put the offense for a tie and lead and the offense came up with 3 & outs. If you remember our 2005 defense, it is no better than what we have now but it got us to the playoffs, this defense that you also speak off won us the last 2 games by solely stopping the opposing offenses to win the games. Keep in mind this organization invests twice as much on the offense as they do with the defense. We have always been historically an offense led team. We have to win with our offense. Our D just has to keep us within 1-2 scores, which they've done all season long.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 01:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The defense made 2 crucial stops to put the offense for a tie and lead and the offense came up with 3 & outs. If you remember our 2005 defense, it is no better than what we have now but it got us to the playoffs, this defense that you also speak off won us the last 2 games by solely stopping the opposing offenses to win the games. Keep in mind this organization invests twice as much on the offense as they do with the defense.  We have always been historically an  offense led team. We have to win with our offense. Our D just has to keep us within 1-2 scores, which they've done all season long.

Almost 300 yards on the ground for Carolina......no bueno man.  McCaffrey had never rushed for 100 yards in a game.  He had 184.  We have 3 first round CBs, upper round talent on the Dline.....the LBs are the main issue right now, but they've invested in the defense, and have extended some key players on it.

They almost blew the Baltimore game......but held on.

Reply/Quote
Is this the same Boyd that last year didn't even get on the field for some games due to disputes with the coaches?

Yet so many want to call John Ross a massive bust already, lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 01:37 PM)thillan Wrote: Is this the same Boyd that last year didn't even get on the field for some games due to disputes with the coaches?

Yet so many want to call John Ross a massive bust already, lol.

Boyd had 3 less yards in his first game than Ross's entire career thus far.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 01:43 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Boyd had 3 less yards in his first game than Ross's entire career thus far.

Yep, but we also had these exact same worries about him last year. There wasn't even much discussion of him coming into this year. Minus the Baltimore TD, we didn't think much.

I'm happy for the breakout, I just don't think we should quit on Ross already. Temper expectations, maybe.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 01:49 PM)thillan Wrote: Yep, but we also had these exact same worries about him last year. There wasn't even much discussion of him coming into this year. Minus the Baltimore TD, we didn't think much.

I'm happy for the breakout, I just don't think we should quit on Ross already. Temper expectations, maybe.

He was injured for a stretch, and then the whole deal with his car being involved in a crime.  He had a pretty good rookie season, MUCH better than John Ross' two years combined thus far.....and he was a 2nd round pick, not #9 overall.

Reply/Quote
Not to hijack the thread, but along with Boyd Eiffert finally put together a nice game. Honestly if AJ,Boyd, Eiffert, Uzomah and Kroft can all do work along with the backs I really don't worry as much about Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Not to hijack the thread, but along with Boyd Eiffert finally put together a nice game. Honestly if AJ,Boyd, Eiffert, Uzomah and Kroft can all do work along with the backs I really don't worry as much about Ross.

Yes.....I mentioned it in another thread....Eifert had a nice game.  Really, the only really bad play on offense was by Ross.  Despite the INTs, Dalton had a nice game too, Bernard broke a few.....we could have easily won this game.

EDIT:....it was actually said in this particular thread....lol.

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: I wouldn't say that.....Gio had a nice game, AJ had a pretty good game going....Eifert made some plays.....Dalton actually played pretty well, INTs notwithstanding.  Also, the team did not implode after the turnovers like usual.....still had a shot on the road against a good team.  All in all, not really a bad loss.

After 4 turnovers and giving up 200 plus yards rushing 185 to one RB and we still had a chance to tie the game up late in the 4th quarter. And the team we was playing is not a bad team they had no turnovers.

We are not a bad team we just had a bad game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 09:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes.....I mentioned it in another thread....Eifert had a nice game.  Really, the only really bad play on offense was by Ross.  Despite the INTs, Dalton had a nice game too, Bernard broke a few.....we could have easily won this game.

EDIT:....it was actually said in this particular thread....lol.
A lot of our decent runs was called back for holding seems like we was fighting the refs some in the running game. I was hoping the NFL cleaned up their own house getting rid of 4 dirty refs last year but not so sure now the jury is still out on that note. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 09:57 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: After 4 turnovers and giving up 200 plus yards rushing 185 to one RB and we still had a chance to tie the game up late in the 4th quarter. And the team we was playing is not a bad team they had no turnovers.

We are not a bad team we just had a bad game. 

Yes sir.....I agree.  I think this team is a little further along in the process than I did coming into the season.  They were in that game until the end, despite the turnovers.  How many times have we seen them fold after just one turnover?  This is a different team.  It still may take another year for it all to come together completely, but they should turn some heads this season.

Reply/Quote