Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tyler Boyd - Mr. Reliable
Boyd is one of my favorite players on the team. I hope he retires here.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:39 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Boyd is one of my favorite players on the team. I hope he retires here.

Not trying to be a downer, but I’d say that’s pretty unlikely. We’re going to have to pay both Chase and Tee, and a 3rd contract for Boyd probably wouldn’t make much sense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Boyd is the reason we don't need an elite TE. He is the one who moves the chains and makes the underneath catches that a TE would get.
Reply/Quote
Sample is the reason we don't have an elite TE. Boom! Sample diss post since we've not had any in awhile.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 03:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I've noticed, when Boyd makes an appearance, it's always a crucial 3rd down or a TD to take a lead late in games.. This guy is as clutch as it gets...
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 08:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He is a Steady Eddie type and its such a luxury to have someone that reliable as the #3 WR.

Have seen posts with people saying he is expendable and that's just plain crazy talk.

When they don't throw the ball to you very often as to find your groove and still have zero drops when they do throw is flat out absurdly good.

Plus the rumor when Tyler got drafted was that the Bengals were beating the steelers to the punch on the Pittsburgh Panther WR.

He is too valuable to let walk and never want to see him go to the steelers and have to face him twice a year either.

Idk do people really think that? I would say I love him very much and he’s a fantastic wide receiver, but if we could only keep 2 I’d pick Chase and Higgins. I guess we will see. People actually may want to be here and stay here if we continue to win. We have a strong locker room presence with guys that all enjoy being here as far as I can tell. And a players coach. We may be able to keep guys around for less than what they may be worth on the market as a desirable destination.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:37 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Idk do people really think that? I would say I love him very much and he’s a fantastic wide receiver, but if we could only keep 2 I’d pick Chase and Higgins. I guess we will see. People actually may want to be here and stay here if we continue to win. We have a strong locker room presence with guys that all enjoy being here as far as I can tell. And a players coach. We may be able to keep guys around for less than what they may be worth on the market as a desirable destination.

If broken down and forced to chose only two WR's to keep, then sure we all would select Chase and Higgins. don't feel that's going out on a limb saying either.

But really don't see that decision needing to be made in next couple of seasons while most stars are on rookie deals and cap space is not a problem. 

Plus as soon as Boyd leaves they will concern themselves with drafting WR and neglect O-line again. 

Still chalk me down for wanting to keep Boyd. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 03:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not trying to be a downer, but I’d say that’s pretty unlikely. We’re going to have to pay both Chase and Tee, and a 3rd contract for Boyd probably wouldn’t make much sense.

Unless he takes a hometown discount and a good deal; he's definitely the type of guy I can see going that route.

(01-09-2022, 01:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If broken down and forced to chose only two WR's to keep, then sure we all would select Chase and Higgins. don't feel that's going out on a limb saying either.

But really don't see that decision needing to be made in next couple of seasons while most stars are on rookie deals and cap space is not a problem. 

Plus as soon as Boyd leaves they will concern themselves with drafting WR and neglect O-line again. 

Still chalk me down for wanting to keep Boyd. 

I want to keep him too, but don't worry about the Stoolers; he doesn't like them AT ALL and he would surely take a hometown discount, over going to the Stoolers.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 03:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not trying to be a downer, but I’d say that’s pretty unlikely. We’re going to have to pay both Chase and Tee, and a 3rd contract for Boyd probably wouldn’t make much sense.

Agreed. The Bengals are willing to pay their WRs. They were ready to make AJ-Marvin Jones to highest paid duo in the league. I don't see them having any issue doing the same with Chase-Tee. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 03:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Boyd also is an anti-diva.  He won't throw his shoulder pads on the ground if he isn't the #1 guy in the game plan. 

He is the epitome of a team guy, and I absolutely love him.  
Reply/Quote
Today at his press conference Joe described his WRs as "athletic freakshows" He said Tee was big and strong and could catch anything, Ja'Marr no one can tackle him, and Tyler, well TB isn't an athletic freakshow but he is a really very, very, very good receiver. He added, that TB is a great route runner, reliable, smart, all the good stuff. But poor TB is not a freak

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Earlier in the year in several of those tough games TB was the one to make that important snag across the middle when we most desperately needed it.

So many clutch catches.
Reply/Quote
Love me some Tyler Boyd. Mr. Clutch.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote