Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd appreciation thread
4th in the league in receptions of 20+ yards (20).  Tyreek Hill leads the league with only 3 more than Boyd

AMONG ALL WRS
10th in First Downs (51)
11th in receiving TDs (6)
12th in receptions (72)
14th in yards (990)

AMONG 36 WRS WITH 50+ RECEPTIONS
8th in yards per target (9.6)
10th in catch percentage (69.9)
11th in yards per reception (13.8)
Reply/Quote
Boyd has certainly had a break out season.  He may just be the best #2 in the league.  He has shown a lot of fire and intensity too, and does not quit, no matter the score or the record.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd has had a major breakout year and I'm really happy for him. I liked him a lot out of Pittsburgh and was disappointed in his game last year.
This year, complete 180.
People should remember his play when they look down on John Ross. It takes players time.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 06:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Boyd has certainly had a break out season.  He may just be the best #2 in the league.  He has shown a lot of fire and intensity too, and does not quit, no matter the score or the record.

Diggs or Theilen... Whichever is number 2 may be better, but Boyd is coming for it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 06:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Boyd has certainly had a break out season.  He may just be the best #2 in the league.  He has shown a lot of fire and intensity too, and does not quit, no matter the score or the record.

(12-10-2018, 07:55 PM)jason Wrote: Diggs or Theilen... Whichever is number 2 may be better, but Boyd is coming for it.

I’ll be the bad guy I quess. But if we’re being honest one of the guys we probably all hate on a team we all hate is the best number 2 in the league.

You know who I’m taking about so I won’t even say his name.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: I’ll be the bad guy I quess. But if we’re being honest one of the guys we probably all hate on a team we all hate is the best number 2 in the league.

Oh. Yeah... I forgot about Michael Gallup.

Haha.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Boyd has been fantastic. I love watching him play, just a baller. I'm glad he plays in Cincinnati, just wish there was a little more success for him to enjoy at the moment.
Reply/Quote
Boyd and Mixon have been the only bright spots this season.

Which is good timing with AJ getting up there in age. Now he doesn’t have to do it all by himself.

Add some pieces to the OL, and replace Lazor and we’ll be in business.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 07:55 PM)jason Wrote: Diggs or Theilen... Whichever is number 2 may be better, but Boyd is coming for it.

Good catch....

(12-10-2018, 09:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: I’ll be the bad guy I quess.  But if we’re being honest one of the guys we probably all hate on a team we all hate is the best number 2 in the league.

Eff him, don't even count that shithole organization. LOL 

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 07:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Tyler Boyd has had a major breakout year and I'm really happy for him. I liked him a lot out of Pittsburgh and was disappointed in his game last year.
This year, complete 180.
People should remember his play when they look down on John Ross. It takes players time.

Boyd looked liked he belonged and was contributing straight away...he had over 50 catches as a rookie and I think last season was more about the off field issues rather than his ability.

He's also benefiting from Lazor's focus on the quick release and short/medium passing routes.

He's a gamer and hope we get a full season of him and AJ next year
Reply/Quote

Hate to say it... Juju?
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd has more yards in a season than MJ, Sanu, or even TO had with Cincinnati, which is the most by a WR2 this decade. The Bengals haven't had as productive of a season from a WR2 like that since Housh was in Cincinnati.
It would behoove the Bengals to get Boyd extended.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 10:35 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Boyd looked liked he belonged and was contributing straight away...he had over 50 catches as a rookie and I think last season was more about the off field issues rather than his ability.

He's also benefiting from Lazor's focus on the quick release and short/medium passing routes.

He's a gamer and hope we get a full season of him and AJ next year

And has made a boatload of acrobatic, difficult catches as well.....I think we have an offense much closer to that one in the 1st Ravens game than the one we've seen the last 6-7 games with both guys healthy........
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 10:55 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Hate to say it... Juju?

I must say, I really liked him in the draft as becoming a good WR2 but I never thought he'd be 1200+ receiving yards-good.
If we're talking pure WR2 rather than just second receiving option, it probably has to be JJSS.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 10:55 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Hate to say it... Juju?

Damn you.....we weren't supposed to say that name! LMAO

(I know, I know, yes, he is probably better)

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 07:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Tyler Boyd has had a major breakout year and I'm really happy for him. I liked him a lot out of Pittsburgh and was disappointed in his game last year.
This year, complete 180.

Some people want to write off a player after their first 1-2 years. I like to give players through their third year (often considered their breakout year).

I think if John Ross can start to get more yardage rather than just a red zone threat, the Bengals might end up with their long-term WR1 and WR2 in Ross and Boyd after AJ leaves/retires. Add in a dynamic TE, third WR, or QB and this offense could be special.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote