Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd back-to-back 1k yard seasons
Another nice season for Boyd. He’s the first WR we’ve had (not named AJ) to put up back-to-back 1k+ yds seasons since Chad and TJ did it in 06-07.

Career high in receptions for him this season with 90 as well. He’s become a good one for us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
AJ and Ross can be traded, retire or let go, Boyd and whoever we find will be our future and I'm ok with it.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 03:34 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: AJ and Ross can be traded, retire or let go, Boyd and whoever we find will be our future and I'm ok with it.

I’m fine either way wrt AJ. If we let him walk I understand, but I also wouldn’t mind signing him to a fair deal.

Ross we might as well let finish his rookie contract out. If he doesn’t finally put it all together, let him walk.

Reply/Quote
Ross is kind of an AS SEEN on TV product if you never watch commercials.. They work only when you really have no real use for them and the rest of the year they collect dust.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 11:53 AM)grampahol Wrote: Ross is kind of an AS SEEN on TV product if you never watch commercials.. They work only when you really have no real use for them and the rest of the year they collect dust.. 

Until he got hurt, he was balling out. He went back to being (somewhat) tentative and droppy once he came back.

If the option isn't huge (someone remind me), I take it and play it out.

If he emerges, we have our AJ replacement. If not, we have a damn good WR3 for 2 more years.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Until he got hurt, he was balling out. He went back to being (somewhat) tentative and droppy once he came back.

If the option isn't huge (someone remind me), I take it and play it out.

If he emerges, we have our AJ replacement. If not, we have a damn good WR3 for 2 more years.

That's a big if there..so is WR3 for that matter..  It's not impossible, but if I had to wager all my future bank deposits I'm not gambling.. I'm sticking with poverty wages and social security..  Smirk

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals fans never cease to amaze me with inconsistency. Most of those wanting to trade AJ because he is getting old are the same people blasting to Bengals for not resigning an aging lineman to a multi year contract. That said, congrats to Boyd, and Mixon, for back to back 1000 yd seasons. Yeah, there is nothing on this team to be positive about....
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 12:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals fans never cease to amaze me with inconsistency. Most of those wanting to trade AJ because he is getting old are the same people blasting to Bengals for not resigning an aging lineman to a multi year contract. That said, congrats to Boyd, and Mixon, for back to back 1000 yd seasons. Yeah, there is nothing on this team to be positive about....

I dunno..they still have those nice stripy helmets and the owner's name is easy to spell.. 

Reply/Quote
Congrats Tyler

Reply/Quote