Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd facing charges from July crash.
(10-05-2017, 06:40 PM)pally Wrote: He tweeted something about it then deleted the tweet.  did anyone happen to see it?

He tweeted that it wasn't him in the car, but it was his car...NFL will say "Was it your vape pot?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 10:17 PM)snowy Wrote: I'm okay with letting things play out with the Bengals, the NFL, and the legal system, but Boyd's tweet that "everybody should chill out" makes him sound like an entitled punk, and that's what rankles.

I don't think it makes him sound like an entitled punk at all. Say your friend borrows your car gets high, wrecks whatever but the media is on your ass saying you was the driver and just smearing the crap out if your name while your in a profession where this type of thing can destroy you, how would you feel. If he is telling the truth I'm sure he's pretty pissed as anyone else would be too. Let the facts come out first.
Reply/Quote
He took his momma with him to the police station? Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 11:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't think it makes him sound like an entitled punk at all. Say your friend borrows your car gets high, wrecks whatever but the media is on your ass saying you was the driver and just smearing the crap out if your name while your in a profession where this type of thing can destroy you, how would you feel. If he is telling the truth I'm sure he's pretty pissed as anyone else would be too. Let the facts come out first.

He loses a lot of benefit of the doubt when he already has had a DUI before, and had just gotten off probation slightly less than a year prior to this happening.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
God Damn Steelers!!!!

Reply/Quote
Well well well..another football player with a criminal record. I'm shocked. SHOCKED I SAY! 
I lost my job of delivering pizzas after my first dui..These guys on the other hand can potentially go on to commit heinous acts of violence and become big stars and retire to lives as commentators..Oh wait..wrong team. 
Luckily for Tyler Boyde he can get cut from our roster and go on to Squeeler fame.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 10:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well well well..another football player with a criminal record. I'm shocked. SHOCKED I SAY! 
I lost my job of delivering pizzas after my first dui..These guys on the other hand can potentially go on to commit heinous acts of violence and become big stars and retire to lives as commentators..Oh wait..wrong team. 
Luckily for Tyler Boyde he can get cut from our roster and go on to Squeeler fame.. 

he doesn't have a criminal record yet....        Don't be like the media.  Let the process play out
Reply/Quote
Doesn't have a criminal record?  Uhhhh...
Quote:In June 2015 while at Pittsburgh, Boyd was charged with driving under the influence, along with several other traffic violations, following an early-morning traffic stop. He entered a probation program for first-time offenders. His license was suspended for 90 days and was placed on probation for a year
Sounds like a record to me.. I mean it doesn't rise to the level of Arron Hernandez kind of record, but it's still a record. You get put on probation you got a record in all 50 states. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 11:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I don't think it makes him sound like an entitled punk at all. Say your friend borrows your car gets high, wrecks whatever but the media is on your ass saying you was the driver and just smearing the crap out if your name while your in a profession where this type of thing can destroy you, how would you feel. If he is telling the truth I'm sure he's pretty pissed as anyone else would be too. Let the facts come out first.

Still, looks unprofessional.  To say the least.  The alibi of "it was my friend, not me", seems very contrived.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If ever there was an iron clad alibi which could get even Charlie Manson free it would have to be:  Everybody chill out i wasn't present at the crash nor did i have anything to do with it period. It was just my car

Reply/Quote
Clairton where he grew up is a rough town. Hopefully he isn't hanging around with a bad crew.

Their high school team was great. They had a 66 game winning streak:
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/09/21/clairton-bears-historic-winning-streak-comes-to-end/
Reply/Quote
UPDATE: Tyler and his attorney respond to the charges.

http://cin.ci/2xYDGQw
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 12:41 PM)jowczarski Wrote: UPDATE: Tyler and his attorney respond to the charges.

http://cin.ci/2xYDGQw

Jim - Is Boyd's lack of playing time in anyway related to this?
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 10:27 AM)grampahol Wrote: Doesn't have a criminal record?  Uhhhh...
Sounds like a record to me.. I mean it doesn't rise to the level of Arron Hernandez kind of record, but it's still a record. You get put on probation you got a record in all 50 states. 

Most states have pre trial diversion programs that if you accept the offer and complete a probation then all charges will be dropped, and no record!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 10:27 AM)grampahol Wrote: Doesn't have a criminal record?  Uhhhh...

(10-06-2017, 10:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: If ever there was an iron clad alibi which could get even Charlie Manson free it would have to be:  Everybody chill out i wasn't present at the crash nor did i have anything to do with it period. It was just my car

You're breaking character.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 10:36 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still, looks unprofessional.  To say the least.  The alibi of "it was my friend, not me", seems very contrived.

I prefer to go the "evil twin" route, myself.
Reply/Quote
1. Boyd has been a disappointment on the field. He got an extended look last year, and the coaches liked him so much that they decided to take a WR with the 9th overall pick AND another guy in the 4th. Don't kid yourselves, that wasn't about BPA.

2. That excuse is classic and laughable. The truth is most likely that he was stoned/drunk and left the car because he's a hotshot football player and such an arrest could hurt his career. Even if you entertain the lie, it'd mean he's in so thick with the wrong crowd that he's loaning out cars to them.

3. People keep throwing up Hill and McCarron, but I'd trade this kid before either of them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 01:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're breaking character.

That's funny. He's a clone of another poster most likely.
Reply/Quote
Could have had Cody Whitehair.
Reply/Quote
Look, I'm not down on this kid. He can play ball no doubt and I'm certainly not going to be screaming some phony justice must be served foolishness.
Even if every single allegation made by some drunken lout is true it's no skin off my ass. It does sound like he loaned the car out, I have no idea and don't particularly care. It's not as if he's running for political office to represent himself as the law and order candidate. He's an athlete, star or not and like the rest of us we're supposed to presume innocence unless proven otherwise.   
Hopefully whatever did occur has taught him some kind of lesson and one of the lessons is to not say anything to the public, press or anyone else not directly involved in the case. 
As far as the rest of what I typed or quoted.. ehhh.. I'm allowed to make lame jokes like everyone else. See crappy joke clause 73 section 9 paragraph 12 in the membership agreement small print.  
Ok, so maybe it doesn't technically exist. 

Reply/Quote