Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd is a bonafide star
In the past, we've had guys like Marvin Jones and Sanu that people tried to hype into stars, but the production never matched. But looking at Boyd's current pace, I'm starting to think he's under-hyped.

After 6 games, he's on pace for:

139 targets
99 catches
1213 yards
11 TDs

Those are elite WR1 numbers. Look at AJ Green's current pace for comparison:

147 targets
88 catches
1317 yards
13 TDs

----------------------

If Boyd keeps this going, it will be tough to resign him. I'd almost think about keeping him over AJ if it came down to choice. Especially considering that Boyd will only be 26 when he comes up for free agency, while AJ Green will be 32. That would be a tough choice. Discuss.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
As much as I love Green, WR is a position where I don't believe in dumping huge sums of money. I think AJ is on his last Bengal contract.
Reply/Quote
I signed him from the FA scrap heap in my FL. SCORE!!!!!!! LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boyd is the real deal for sure. And if it comes down to it I say you'll have to go youth. Like Fred said I'd say this is AJ's last contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Boyd is the real deal for sure. And if it comes down to it I say you'll have to go youth. Like Fred said I'd say this is AJ's last contract.

Ya''ll saying this is AJ's last contract are smoking crack..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ya''ll saying this is AJ's last contract are smoking crack..... Hilarious

Last bengals contract
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:33 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Last bengals contract

Again.... step away from the pipe....
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Again.... step away from the pipe....

He might get franchised a time or two.

Look at whitworth to show bengals won’t overpay players again gay a position
Reply/Quote
Don't know about AJ being on his last contract or not (I would think they would at least franchise tag him for a year), but Boyd is starting to look like a guy they need to be talking extension with. His improvement has been the most pleasant surprise of this season. He made some clutch catches yesterday just like he has all season.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ya''ll saying this is AJ's last contract are smoking crack..... Hilarious

I'm not saying I want AJ gone, I'm not saying AJ needs to be gone, I don't want AJ gone.

What I am saying is MB won't pay him again. Like some peeps said they may tag him ?
Reply/Quote
Boyd is the unsung hero. I don't think he has the skill set of AJ but has reliable hands and is a great slot WR. He is clutch.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Slot receivers are expendable and that's what Boyd is. I like him but he isn't worth the 15-16 million a year he is going to get.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:35 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: He might get franchised a time or two.  

Look at whitworth to show bengals won’t overpay players again gay a position

You're going to get Fred all excited.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're going to get Fred all excited.  Mellow

Oops... “aging at a position” hahaha. Clearly no one reads what inpost
Reply/Quote
I’m loving what Boyd is doing this season, but idk about prioritizing him over AJ. Regardless of age. Would Boyd put up these kinds of numbers without teams focusing on AJ? Not so sure. Ideally I’d love to keep both. Hopefully he doesn’t pull a Marvin Jones and decide he wants to be a #1. If I was a WR I’d love playing with AJ.

If Boyd can keep this up we could end up being right there with Pittsburgh and Minnesota as far as having one of the best WR duos in the league.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Slot receivers are expendable and that's what Boyd is. I like him but he isn't worth the 15-16 million a year he is going to get.

We can thank Cleveland for jacking that price tag up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Slot receivers are expendable and that's what Boyd is. I like him but he isn't worth the 15-16 million a year he is going to get.

If he develops into the best or second best slot WR in the game (which e looks to be on pace to), you pay him like he earns it.

By far; All the more reason you draft Olineman that are good and you can develop quickly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 05:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not saying I want AJ gone, I'm not saying AJ needs to be gone, I don't want AJ gone.

What I am saying is MB won't pay him again. Like some peeps said they may tag him ?

That seems realistic.  Players that are older than Green on this club right now?  Harris(LS) 34, Huber 33, Johnson and Rey 31.  That's it.  Green is 30 along with Dalton and Atkins.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m loving what Boyd is doing this season, but idk about prioritizing him over AJ. Regardless of age. Would Boyd put up these kinds of numbers without teams focusing on AJ? Not so sure. Ideally I’d love to keep both. Hopefully he doesn’t pull a Marvin Jones and decide he wants to be a #1. If I was a WR I’d love playing with AJ.

If Boyd can keep this up we could end up being right there with Pittsburgh and Minnesota as far as having one of the best WR duos in the league.

Or a TJ Housh.
Reply/Quote
AJ might take a more team friendly deal next time around as well.
Reply/Quote