Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tyler Boyd leading all AFC North receivers
Worth pointing out a positive right now...

Tyler Boyd currently has the most yards out of all receivers in the AFC North right now.

Boyd - 416 yards
Marquise Brown - 376 yards
Higgins - 339 yards
Claypool - 335 yards
OBJ - 319 yards
Landry - 319 yards
Mark Andrews - 243 yards
Green - 215 yards
JJSS - 194 yards
James Washington - 185 yards

Notice too that Higgins is 3rd in AFC North in receiving, Green is above JJSS even after his terrible start.
PIT has played 1 fewer game though, and the other 3 teams in the division haven't needed to throw as much.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
OBJ has to be one of the most overrated players in recent history.

Go ahead and look at his numbers. Guy hasn't had an elite season, or anything close to it, in years.

Here's his totals over the last 4 years: (For 2020 I'm using current projections):

2017 - 25 Rec, 302 Yards, 3 TD's
2018 - 77 Res, 1,052 Yards, 6 TD's
2019 - 74 Rec, 1,035 Yards, 4 TD's
2020 - 61 Rec, 851 Yards, 8 TD's

Those numbers aren't that good. At all. Yet the guy managed to sign an 18 mil dollar a year contract. He still accounts for 15 mil in cap space, and that's with the Giants eating his 40 million bonus, and keeping in on their books.

And this is leaving out the biggest legitimate gripe. Not only is he incredibly overrated as a player, he's a terrible teammate. Awful for a locker room, and all around garbage human being.

Then consider the fact that everywhere he's played, he's played for losers. Nowhere he's been has even been remotely close to being a legitimate contender.

Say what you will about guys like TO, or Antonio Brown, or Michael Irvin. Those guys still put up elite level numbers, and they played for decent teams.

This guy? He's a bum. He's a cautionary tale about letting one highlight and the media looking to create superstars into fooling everyone into thinking this guy is so damn special. But he's not. Not even close.

Sorry for the OT rant. I really dislike this dude. And I wanted to rip on him because he all around sucks.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd is my favorite current Bengal. Also has, IMHO, one of the best value 2nd contracts we've ever signed.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, but he doesn’t look like Julio Jones and wasn’t drafted in the top 10, so he can’t be our #1 WR.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 03:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, but he doesn’t look like Julio Jones and wasn’t drafted in the top 10, so he can’t be our #1 WR.

I was going to say the same thing, Boyd has been our #1 for two going on 3 years now and is definitely the most underrated WR
in the NFL IMO. The guy just does it all, runs great routes, has great hands, is tough as hell, smart, dependable, clutch and I could
say more. He is a #1, our #1 WR and I am very proud to say it.

BTW, Tee could be great too.
Reply/Quote
My friend and I thought Marquises Brown looks like a 12 year old. How does that guy survive the NFL? He is so damn tiny. One day he is going to get destroyed.
Reply/Quote
I like Boyd a lot, but these numbers are a little deceiving.

Bengals have thrown the ball a hell of a lot more than any other team in the AFC North

Cin...41 attempts per game
Pit...33.2
Cle...30.3
Bal...27.5
Reply/Quote
JJSS is so overrated. He got all the press while byod just got results.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 03:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: OBJ has to be one of the most overrated players in recent history.

Go ahead and look at his numbers. Guy hasn't had an elite season, or anything close to it, in years.

Here's his totals over the last 4 years: (For 2020 I'm using current projections):

Those numbers aren't that good. At all. Yet the guy managed to sign an 18 mil dollar a year contract. He still accounts for 15 mil in cap space, and that's with the Giants eating his 40 million bonus, and keeping in on their books.

And this is leaving out the biggest legitimate gripe. Not only is he incredibly overrated as a player, he's a terrible teammate. Awful for a locker room, and all around garbage human being.

Then consider the fact that everywhere he's played, he's played for losers. Nowhere he's been has even been remotely close to being a legitimate contender.

Say what you will about guys like TO, or Antonio Brown, or Michael Irvin. Those guys still put up elite level numbers, and they played for decent teams.

This guy? He's a bum. He's a cautionary tale about letting one highlight and the media looking to create superstars into fooling everyone into thinking this guy is so damn special. But he's not. Not even close.

Sorry for the OT rant. I really dislike this dude. And I wanted to rip on him because he all around sucks.

Agreed, but I expect him to go off on Sunday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 03:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: OBJ has to be one of the most overrated players in recent history.

Go ahead and look at his numbers.  Guy hasn't had an elite season, or anything close to it, in years.

Those numbers aren't that good. At all.  Yet the guy managed to sign an 18 mil dollar a year contract.  He still accounts for 15 mil in cap space, and that's with the Giants eating his 40 million bonus, and keeping in on their books.

And this is leaving out the biggest legitimate gripe.  Not only is he incredibly overrated as a player, he's a terrible teammate.  Awful for a locker room, and all around garbage human being.

Then consider the fact that everywhere he's played, he's played for losers.  Nowhere he's been has even been remotely close to being a legitimate contender.

Say what you will about guys like TO, or Antonio Brown, or Michael Irvin.  Those guys still put up elite level numbers, and they played for decent teams.

This guy?  He's a bum.  He's a cautionary tale about letting one highlight and the media looking to create superstars into fooling everyone into thinking this guy is so damn special.  But he's not.  Not even close.

Sorry for the OT rant.  I really dislike this dude.  And I wanted to rip on him because he all around sucks.

That dude can certainly give OBJ a run for the money when it comes to being a complete and utter garbage human being.

I think part of it has to do with the team these guys played for as well.

A superstar diva on a team with a strong culture, like San Fran during TO's time, or Dallas with Irvin, has guys in house who can help keep that crazy in check, plus winning does cure a lot. 

OBJ is a garbage person, on bad teams, with not so great locker rooms. That just makes it even more explosive. Look at what happened to the queen of all divas in Antonio when he left pitt. With the Raiders and their in house drama he became a reality show. And New England quickly realized he was more drama then they were willing to deal with and cut him loose. 

It takes a certain type of culture in the locker room, plus winning to keep this giant egos and divas in check. When TO started to lose and was unsigned, he was doing push-ups in his drive way.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 04:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like Boyd a lot, but these numbers are a little deceiving.

Bengals have thrown the ball a hell of a lot more than any other team in the AFC North

Pit...33.2
Cle...30.3
Bal...27.5

That’s what happens when the run game is horrible and the team always plays from behind.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 04:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like Boyd a lot, but these numbers are a little deceiving.

Pit...33.2
Cle...30.3
Bal...27.5

Yep, and that's why I said the other teams have thrown less than the Bengals  Wink

ochocincos Wrote:the other 3 teams in the division haven't needed to throw as much.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I also have to post this because it honestly surprised me:

Joe Mixon leads all RBs in the AFC North (he has the most rushing attempts)
1) Joe Mixon - 428 yards (119 carries)
2) Kareem Hunt - 387 yards (83 carries)
3) James Conner - 369 yards (75 carries)
4) Lamar Jackson - 346 yards (50 carries)
5) Nick Chubb - 335 yards (57 carries)
6) Mark Ingram - 225 yards (50 carries)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No shock.. Boyd is a stud, top WR in the AFC North
Reply/Quote
Yes Boyd has done a fine job,and Higgins just keeps getting better.Add to this AJ Green is finally coming on now.And yes I think AJ is going to have a good year.These three should be a very dynamic trio going forward.Especially if the O-line continues to improve.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 08:47 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes Boyd has done a fine job,and Higgins just keeps getting better.Add to this AJ Green is finally coming on now.And yes I think AJ is going to have a good year.These three should be a very dynamic trio going forward.Especially if the O-line continues to improve.

"Going forward" as in this year? Or beyond this year?

I really don't the Bengals will (or should) extend Green. If they do, it will likely mean not re-signing WJ3 and/or Lawson.
Can the bad defense afford to give up its best CB and edge rusher in favor of the 3rd WR?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 10:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "Going forward" as in this year? Or beyond this year?

I really don't the Bengals will (or should) extend Green. If they do, it will likely mean not re-signing WJ3 and/or Lawson.
Can the bad defense afford to give up its best CB and edge rusher in favor of the 3rd WR?

I’d be pretty well shocked if AJ is a Bengal next season. In fact I’d venture to say the 2021 roster will be quiet a bit different than this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2020, 10:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "Going forward" as in this year? Or beyond this year?

Agree makes no sense to resign him. Even though we spent big money on defense looking at are depth next year on D is scary. We basically have Hubbard at DE, Lawson's a free agent and Dunlap should be gone. DT we got Reader coming back from injury , Geno likely gone, an unproven Wren and maybe Tupou. Outside of Wayne we have no corners under contract with Alexander and Jackson being free agents. We still have to sign Bates long term. We have a lot of work to do and that's not even including the O-line. 
Reply/Quote
Boyd plays the game hard and is very talented , I'm glad he's a Bengal. I remember being pissed that Laquan Treadwell and Josh Doctson got picked before the Bengals drafted and they both ended up sucking lol. Besides Michael Thomas I think Boyd was the best WR in that draft class. Corey Coleman was a bust and Will Fuller is always hurt and has a lot of drops.
Reply/Quote
I’d be down for a speed guy in the later rounds (like Marvin Jones), but I’m actually pretty comfortable with Boyd and Higgins being the main guys for Burrow going forward.

Boyd has to be one of the most underrated players in the league. I feel like nobody outside of Cincinnati even talks about him. Justin Jefferson is getting all this attention now (well deserved), but Boyd has been playing at a high level from the slot for 3 years.

Reply/Quote