Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd, record chaser?
If Burrow and Boyd can connect and get the chemistry down, then I could see Boyd being the guy who breaks TJ's single season reception record.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2020, 11:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, Ross under ZT

1. looked good in week 1
2. scored a glorious TD in week 2 when we were down by 60 points and there was 3 seconds left in the game
3. balled out to almost give Burrow to the Dolphins and set our franchise back 15 years

At least in 2018 we could squint and pretend Ross was some sort of TD-scoring maniac.  ZT hasn't exactly pounded the table to get Ross a long-term deal yet, but I guess 2020 will give us the answers because the first time Ross botches a route Burrow sends him on he's gonna be toast in the eyes of the fanbase.

Ross still is averaging a TD every 5 times he touches the ball.  If he can stay healthy, he could be a huge part of this team's success.  I know that is a big "if", as he hasn't really proven that to this point.  No one would want to admit this, but he also helps the underneath receivers by taking the proverbial top off the defense.  I wish he was used more on slants and screens.   Perhaps that will change this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2020, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ross still is averaging a TD every 5 times he touches the ball.  If he can stay healthy, he could be a huge part of this team's success.  I know that is a big "if", as he hasn't really proven that to this point.  No one would want to admit this, but he also helps the underneath receivers by taking the proverbial top off the defense.  I wish he was used more on slants and screens.   Perhaps that will change this year.  

That's fine, i just don't see how his time under ZT has been all that different from his time with Marvin.  Remember a year ago to the day we were expecting ZT to get Dalton back near 2015 form, too.

We will see what Ross does in 2020 but he's running out of excuses so the tide has got to turn either way. 
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2020, 08:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's fine, i just don't see how his time under ZT has been all that different from his time with Marvin.  Remember a year ago to the day we were expecting ZT to get Dalton back near 2015 form, too.

We will see what Ross does in 2020 but he's running out of excuses so the tide has got to turn either way. 

Well, he did get 2.5 times the yardage, and increased his YPC from 10 to 18.1...

Sadly, I don't see any scenario where he comes back to the Bengals.  If he has a middling season, he will probably still try other teams for a change of scenery.  The Bengals simply can't pay him, Green, and Boyd.  Even under a rookie QB salary.  Unless Green flames out this year and isn't brought back after a year on the franchise tag, Ross won't be brought back no matter what kind of season he has with Burrow.  
Reply/Quote