Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd's Breakout Season
Through 4 games, Boyd is 10th in yards and 12th in catches for WR's. It seems to this point Boyd has emerged as an elite #2. All the talk about what Ross needs to be, it seems that we found the running mate for AJ we have missed for all these years. I think the biggest thing about him though is his reliability on big 3rd, and yesterday 4th, downs. It seems when a big play is needed Andy can go to AJ or Boyd with complete confidence.
Reply/Quote
Tyler (clutch) Boyd

He's becoming the go to guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our early season MVP as far as I’m concerned.

Remember how bad this offense was last season with LaFell as the #2...

Those 2 4th down catches he made on the game winning drive as clutch as it gets.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Through 4 games, Boyd is 10th in yards and 12th in catches for WR's. It seems to this point Boyd has emerged as an elite #2. All the talk about what Ross needs to be, it seems that we found the running mate for AJ we have missed for all these years. I think the biggest thing about him though is his reliability on big 3rd, and yesterday 4th, downs. It seems when a big play is needed Andy can go to AJ or Boyd with complete confidence.

I don't know if anybody else is seeing this.  Remember when we had Chad-Ocho.  Remember those slant routes TJ Houshmandzadeh ran so well.  Yesterday with one last drive and needing touchdown. Dalton first down to Boyd. Dalton first down to Boyd. Dalton first down to Boyd. Dalton touchdown to Green.  Boyd is running those TJ routes and getting first downs as TJ got us first downs. A Fred Biletnikoff, Paul Warfield GO TO GUY type when sure hands, sure routes, and first downs needed.  With Green double covered, throwing to Boyd is like stealing yards. However Boyd is getting separation in ways other Bengals stiffs such as Baby Hawk at WR couldn't to help Dalton and Green. Now Jones and Sanu were good, but they are gone. Boyd and Ross are now replacing them to the beat of 3-1 start. I thought Ross had much better game against Atlanta than Carolina. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Boyd has been fantastic all year. He seems to have all the confidence in the world, and is not only getting separation, but making tough, contested catches as well. I know the comparison has been thrown out a lot, rightfully so, as he is really looking like TJ so far this year.

I still believe Ross will grow into a great player, and once that happens, this offense will be VERY tough to stop (they already are imo, but will be that much better)
:andy:
Reply/Quote
As we typically hear, a lot of players don’t blossom until their third year. Happy to see Boyd becoming a quality WR2. Even more excited to see this team with Burfict and Mixon back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Boyd has been fantastic. I hope that the Bengals have learned from letting go both Jones and Sanu. This offense is incredibly effective and versatile with two guys who can go out and get it done. Re-sign Boyd. This offense has been incredibly fun so far. Major props to the all the players and coaches for having it tick like this.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 11:44 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Boyd has been fantastic. I hope that the Bengals have learned from letting go both Jones and Sanu. This offense is incredibly effective and versatile with two guys who can go out and get it done. Re-sign Boyd. This offense has been incredibly fun so far. Major props to the all the players and coaches for having it tick like this.

Agreed on resigning Boyd.  He is a legit No. 2 receiver in this league right now and Bengals should go ahead and pay him like one before he eligible to for free agency.  Boyd still another year or two away free agency (I think), but might save some long-term dollars the earlier they get it done.    
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 11:49 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Agreed on resigning Boyd.  He is a legit No. 2 receiver in this league right now and Bengals should go ahead and pay him like one before he eligible to for free agency.  Boyd still another year or two away free agency (I think), but might save some long-term dollars the earlier they get it done.    

Ditto.....get him inked as soon as you can.  This guy is becoming a gamer.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Through 4 games, Boyd is 10th in yards and 12th in catches for WR's. It seems to this point Boyd has emerged as an elite #2. All the talk about what Ross needs to be, it seems that we found the running mate for AJ we have missed for all these years. I think the biggest thing about him though is his reliability on big 3rd, and yesterday 4th, downs. It seems when a big play is needed Andy can go to AJ or Boyd with complete confidence.

Boyd has been great so far this year.  I'll admit to being down on him last year and dinging him for his red zone production as a rookie, but he's been one of the best #2's in the league this year.  Hope he keeps proving me wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:07 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd has been great so far this year.  I'll admit to being down on him last year and dinging him for his red zone production as a rookie, but he's been one of the best #2's in the league this year.  Hope he keeps proving me wrong.

He is arguably a better #1 then more than a few teams have right now. 
Reply/Quote
TJ was a little more important than Boyd because we had zero receiving threat at TE when Housh was here.

Not knocking Boyd. I love what he has done so far.
Reply/Quote
This is what he was in college, just took him the typical 3 years to become that in the pros.
Reply/Quote
Prediction: John Ross gets his act together and the Bengals go on a tear through the air against Miami and Pittsburgh. Think about it: Can you imagine AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, and John Ross all playing great football at the same time? I sure can — because I’ve seen it happen on several plays.

If they’re all covered, Andy Dalton can hit Tyler Kroft or my pick for underrated player of the year: CJ Uzomah.

Give Giovani Bernard some run plays to keep the defense honest, let Joe Mixon and Billy Price heal completely, and the Bengals will win the division going away.

Cincinnati finally has the offensive line who can pass block! Let’s air it out!
Reply/Quote
Im interested in seeing how Boyd responds now that defenses will be keeping an eye on him
Reply/Quote

After last year I really didn't think Boyd had it in him, but he sure has shown up! Very happy that he's come into his own.

Reply/Quote
I was definitely wrong about Boyd. Of the 6 receivers in the 2016 draft we were going for, he was definitely #6 for me. I figured he'd play out his rookie deal and then we'd let him walk. However, I think us getting a better coordinator and not sticking with the garbage Zampese was putting out really helped him out. Boyd is our new Housh. Our #1 target on third down and Dalton's safety net. After this season, we need to start talking extension.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Can not say enough about how impressed I am with Boyd this season.

Think he is even better than Marvin Jones.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He's been fantastic hasn't he? Interesting to note that Boyd, Marvin Jones, and TJ Houshmanzadeh are all 6'2". Not saying that means anything other than they are tall enough to be easier to hit with the ball but it is impressive how fast he is for someone that tall.

Reply/Quote
Boyd's been great, and he's getting better. But remember, he had a very good rookie year. Last year, a lot of things just went sideways on him, with some kind of dustup about his car when someone borrowed it, and then some injury problems. He's now just busting out all over, and his timing couldn't be better.

I think John Ross is gradually coming around, too. Get our two remaining tight ends involved quickly, get Burfict in there to bolster that defense, and we will be a tough challenge for anybody.

Our improved offensive line is a very big part of this whole picture.
Reply/Quote