Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd says the Bengals have “the best offense in the NFL”
(06-11-2019, 06:51 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Question. I don't have nothing to do with "fantasy football". It is my understanding from listening to guys who play it is that you win by having the players you "drafted" score points which are based on how good they did in the actual nfl game that week. Correct so far? If you accumulated a lot of points that particular week means you had a great game. Correct so far? So  if a QB and a receiver had a "monster" year in fantasy football, that means they produced a ton of points Which are based on how they actually played in real games. Correct so far?
So in effect, Cowherd is saying B&B are going to have a "monster year" period. Capeesh?

BTW, thanks for admitting you are a Cowherd fan. ThumbsUp

I do in fact like Cowherd. I listened to him regularly when he was on ESPN radio. Then he lost his gig for insinuating that the schools may not be as good in the Dominican Republic as they are here. I don't listen to him now because I don't have access to him. I really only like LeBatard anymore. I just happened to catch a video of the segment in question on my phone. He has a tendency to trash both of our teams... Doesn't bother me though.

If you're being sincere about fantasy football, you've pretty much got the right idea. The only caveat is it's possible to be a good fantasy football player, and not all that great in real life. Blake Bortles and Allen Robinson used to tear it up in garbage time in fantasy. Playing from behind, and just chucking the ball all over.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 08:36 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Players with big fantasy points don’t always automatically translate to wins.  But let’s assume that they would and get back to Cowherd’s record as a prognosticator: 

Nobody was talking about "wins". You play a clip of a few of his bad predictions ignoring the thousands of his right predictions.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 09:39 PM)jason Wrote: I do in fact like Cowherd. I listened to him regularly when he was on ESPN radio. Then he lost his gig for insinuating that the schools may not be as good in the Dominican Republic as they are here. I don't listen to him now because I don't have access to him. I really only like LeBatard anymore. I just happened to catch a video of the segment in question on my phone. He has a tendency to trash both of our teams... Doesn't bother me though.

If you're being sincere about fantasy football, you've pretty much got the right idea. The only caveat is it's possible to be a good fantasy football player, and not all that great in real life. Blake Bortles and Allen Robinson used to tear it up in garbage time in fantasy. Playing from behind, and just chucking the ball all over.
Yes I was being sincere about fantasy football. Your right about those garbage time points. Thats how Big Ben gets most of his high points in fantasy football.

"He has a tendency to trash both of our teams... Doesn't bother me though."
Same here.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 06:20 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Nobody was talking about "wins". You play a clip of a few of his bad predictions ignoring the thousands of his right predictions.

Thousands? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 08:26 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Thousands?  Hmm

ok, hundreds of thousands.

Let me clear this up.
When Coward says something good about the Browns he is one of the best sport talking head in the business.
When Coward says something bad about the Browns he is a moron who knows nothing.

Whats so difficult about this?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 07:19 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: ok, hundreds of thousands.

Let me clear this up.
When Coward says something good about the Browns he is one of the best sport talking head in the business.
When Coward says something bad about the Browns he is a moron who knows nothing.

Whats so difficult about this?

The spelling, apparently.  

It's 'Cowherd'.  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 10:17 AM)Vambo Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/6/1/18645519/tyler-boyd-says-bengals-best-offense-nfl

Is Tyler Boyd crazy, or just confident?

Nothing wrong with what he said. I'm sure you'd back Baker saying the same thing.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 08:53 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Nothing wrong with what he said. I'm sure you'd back Baker saying the same thing.

I'm sure he would back Baker too, but he's delusional.  So, I guess now we have to assume that you are as well.  
Reply/Quote