Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tyler Boyd to Tenn Titians
Who is going to take his place?

I could see us moving Ja'Mar Chase to the slot receiver position and having Tee and Burton as the deep verticle threats. Also, with us drafting two TEs and having 5 on the roster, we could be looking to use them a bit more.

Who do you see filling Boyd's role as the slot receiver?
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
TE's will likely see a greater chunk of the targets, given the increased investment there.

Hopefully another chunk of those targets, albeit a smaller one, should be taken up by more deep shots since the Bengals added speed and Burrow having more time due to an improved o-line.

I also like the idea of Sample as an h-back and being a nice dump off option that might get forgotten by the defense.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 04:12 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I also like the idea of Sample as an h-back and being a nice dump off option that might get forgotten by the defense.

Love this idea. That's 1 way to get 2 TE's in the game while having arguably the best WR duo in the league. Defenses would have a difficult time planning around it. 
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to Tyler Boyd with the Titans, thanks for the memories with the Bengals. I'm not too worried about where those targets will be going this season, as the Bengals have made several key additions that look to change the dynamic of the offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 04:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Love this idea. That's 1 way to get 2 TE's in the game while having arguably the best WR duo in the league. Defenses would have a difficult time planning around it. 

Oh, that's interesting. I think we had a good argument for best trio because we had a very good duo and then our #3 was much better than most teams #3... but as a duo alone?

I don't think we're even top-3 for duos.

1. Tyreek/Waddle
2. Jefferson/Addison (mostly because Jefferson is the best in the NFL and Addison is just good... like Deion + anyone decent being a top CB duo, lol)
3. AJ Brown/DeVonta
4. Chase/Tee
5. Aiyuk/Deebo or Puka/Kupp or Adams/Meyers?

- - - - - - - -

As for the original point of this thread of Boyd to the Titans, I am very glad I don't have to hate Boyd now and I can wish him the best. Anyone but the Steelers was my wish.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 05:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh, that's interesting. I think we had a good argument for best trio because we had a very good duo and then our #3 was much better than most teams #3... but as a duo alone?

I don't think we're even top-3 for duos.

1. Tyreek/Waddle
2. Jefferson/Addison (mostly because Jefferson is the best in the NFL and Addison is just good... like Deion + anyone decent being a top CB duo, lol)
3. AJ Brown/DeVonta
4. Chase/Tee
5. Aiyuk/Deebo or Puka/Kupp or Adams/Meyers?

- - - - - - - -

As for the original point of this thread of Boyd to the Titans, I am very glad I don't have to hate Boyd now and I can wish him the best. Anyone but the Steelers was my wish.

Chase and Tee are better than all those duos man cmon

Let’s not get crazy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 05:09 PM)Housh Wrote: Chase and Tee are better than all those duos man cmon

Let’s not get crazy

Are they actually better or are they just Bengals and there's a lot of orange tinted glasses on a Bengals fan board? Those three duos have all gotten MVP votes, OPOY votes, and All-Pros over the last two years. Chase and Tee have none of any of those over the last two.

2022-2023
1. Tyreek/Waddle: 5,879 yards, 32 TDs... MVP votes x2, OPOY votes x2, x2 1st Team All-Pro, x2 Pro Bowl
2. Jefferson/His #2: 4,510 yards, 29 TDs... MVP votes, 1x OPOY, 1x 1st Team All-Pro, 1x Pro Bowl
3. AJ Brown/DeVonta: 5,214 yards, 32 TDs... MVP votes, OPOY votes, 2x 2nd Team All-Pro, 2x Pro Bowl
4. Chase/Tee: 3,947 yards, 28 TDs... 2x Pro Bowl

Being 4th best isn't bad at all. That's very good so it's not like I am being negative or shit talking them or anything. It's just not drinking all of the orange KoolAid and saying they're the best when they objectively by all measures aren't. Probably could argue they were the best duo in 2021, but we're 3 years later now, man, it's 2024 and they have gotten less productive as a duo and other duos have sprung up and gotten better.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for a great time with the Bengals Tyler Boyd. All the best except when you play us. It also helps us possibly get a compensary pick in 2024.

Prior, we were not projected to get any, but this may help.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Gesiki, Chase and even Burton will take his targets up nicely.
Was a great player for us and loved him but the lasting impression will be the drops.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 05:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Are they actually better or are they just Bengals and there's a lot of orange tinted glasses on a Bengals fan board? Those three duos have all gotten MVP votes, OPOY votes, and All-Pros over the last two years. Chase and Tee have none of any of those over the last two.

Burrow's injury hurt their numbers for sure. So, when you consider the OL upgrade and a healthy Burrow, I think we could easily be #1.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 07:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Burrow's injury hurt their numbers for sure. So, when you consider the OL upgrade and a healthy Burrow, I think we could easily be #1.

Jefferson and Cousins were both injured in 2023. Addsion was a rookie.
Hurts was on the injury report for most of 2023 and had a down year due to his knee.
Tua had his brains leaking out his ears in 2022, Waddle was injured throughout 2023. 

All of them can say excuses here and there too. Heck, if we are using excuses then the Rams could make an argument that a healthy Puka and Kupp would be #1, but Kupp hasn't been healthy the last 2 years.

Chase/Tee aren't in the same league from a statistical or award standpoint to the top-3. It's okay. There's nothing wrong with having the 4th best duo in the league.

The best year of their careers....
Jefferson: 1,809 yards
Tyreek: 1,799 yards
AJ Brown: 1,496 yards
Chase: 1,455 yards
Waddle: 1,356 yards
DeVonta: 1,196 yards
Tee: 1,091 yards
Addison: 911 yards (1 year in NFL)

Chase is 4th and Tee is 7th out of the 8. Even at their peaks they aren't at the peak. It's okay, they're still very good.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 04:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Love this idea. That's 1 way to get 2 TE's in the game while having arguably the best WR duo in the league. Defenses would have a difficult time planning around it. 

Look for Gesicki & Chase in the slot and Burton & Tee on the outside with Sample as an H-back. Also today I was told with Chase & Burton as slots and Gesicki and Tee on the outside the teams with small corners are going to need help and leaves Chase and Burton
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Best of luck to TB.

The Chase/Tee/Burton era begins. I anticipate it transitions to the Chase/Burton/Tee Replacement era assuming Burton experiences success.
Reply/Quote
Well time for Young Draft picks to show their quality
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 06:33 PM)wanga Wrote: Gesiki, Chase and even Burton will take his targets up nicely.
Was a great player for us and loved him but the lasting impression will be the drops.

Lasting impressions are whatever we choose to remember.  I'll remember the 4th down catch and run TD that knocked Baltimore out of the playoffs.  All the best to TB and his coach.
Reply/Quote
If Jones is next up in the slot then thank god he got to see Boyd for a year
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 08:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jefferson and Cousins were both injured in 2023. Addsion was a rookie.
Hurts was on the injury report for most of 2023 and had a down year due to his knee.
Tua had his brains leaking out his ears in 2022, Waddle was injured throughout 2023. 

All of them can say excuses here and there too. Heck, if we are using excuses then the Rams could make an argument that a healthy Puka and Kupp would be #1, but Kupp hasn't been healthy the last 2 years.

Your just not going to let me have this are you?  Whatever

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 01:11 PM)Housh Wrote: If Jones is next up in the slot then thank god he got to see Boyd for a year

I think we'll keep Jones around to return punts, but the slot WR position is going to Ja'Mar Chase with Burton and Tee on the outside as vertical threats. With every team double-teaming Chase, it makes sense to put him in the slot where he can move around and create a mismatch.  If defenses double-team him in the slot, then Burton and Tee should be able to win 1-on-1 matchups.  Hopefully, our investments in our O-Line will pan out and allow Joey time to throw the deep ball which will open up Chase underneath.
Don't mock kids who believe in Santa, while adults still believe in Fox News.  

Reply/Quote
One year, up to 4.5 million is not much. It almost seems like we should have kept him for that.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2024, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: One year, up to 4.5 million is not much. It almost seems like we should have kept him for that.

We got some young WRs to grow though
Reply/Quote